Sign in to follow this  
chainsawdude45

Being Able to Hold Three guns

I think that you should be able to hold a gun on your back in place of your Axe. so you can have 2 guns on your back and have a gun in your hands. This can help a lot because you can hold multiple guns that don't have much ammo for so you can defend your self from the invincible zombies, fighting bambis or bandits.

LOL... and the majority of the community said we were crazy for asking to be able to carry two guns.. oh boy.

• Like 1

I thought you were going to suggest holding three at the same time. Like tape 'm together or something? BOOYA!

• Like 2

Get rid of the magic weapon slots, add gun slings and I have no problem with two longarms on your back and one in your hands as long as it handicaps you accordingly (movement, sound and fatigue). But with the current magic glue - no way!

• Like 1

Get rid of the magic weapon slots, add gun slings and I have no problem with two longarms on your back and one in your hands as long as it handicaps you accordingly (movement, sound and fatigue). But with the current magic glue - no way!

To be fair, I've read its very difficult to render slings with out relying on heavy scripting. If you look at most mainsteam games like call of duty,fallout,or warhammer 40k: space marine, they lack slings. Seeing how bad the take on helicopters engine is, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I would not be against the two slots on your back being used for two primary weapons. Since it is hardly instantaneous to switch between the two. And carrying two primary weapons means two sets of ammo, especially cumbersome in the case of automatic weapons with magazines.

Personally I'd like removable/folding stocks allowing for a weapon to be stowed in your backpack with similar dimensions to the MP5 at current or slightly bigger, though I'd also like to see the MP5/SMG made slightly smaller, especially with the stock removed. Either way, you can only carry so much. You will need a melee weapon, so carrying a second primary means you lose 4-5 slots atleast in your backpack. Not to mention that if you are keeping one primary weapon in your hand, you will drop it whenever you eat, climb or perform some other action. Going to snipe on a roof with your mosin? be prepared to leave your lovely AK on the ground to be pinched. (I did this, it was great. Exactly how I found my first MP5.)

Maybe have something like this?

Bag_of_Guns.jpg

For when you need to haul some weaponry to your home base.

twd-episode-101-main-590.jpg

• Like 1

I think limitations make DayZ "special".

With 3 weapons (2 on back, 1 in hands, OR only 2 on the back) you would be ready for everything.

Like 1x Mosin and 1x AKM/AK101/M4. You would be fitted for CQC-long-range.

But I think it makes DayZ unique in a certain way, when you have to think:  "Either take the Mosin and stick to long-range, take the M4/Ak101/AKM and be kitted for CQC, but not very efficient on long-range".

To be very honest and TL,DR:

Having 3 guns would make this game more boring and linear.

Having only 1 (or 2 with the disadvantage by dropping the weapon everytime you take samething in your hands) makes the game a bit uncomfortable and "entertaining" at the same time.

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

I don't think you should be able to carry two without finding a sling TBH.

• Like 1

To be fair, I've read its very difficult to render slings with out relying on heavy scripting.

Its more about the gameplay aspect - in fact it would be okay if the sling was only for carrying a weapon on your back and would not show up otherwise or provide other functionality. You also don't have to open your backpack and search for an item inside.

If you look at most mainsteam games like call of duty,fallout,or warhammer 40k: space marine, they lack slings.

And those games also have "shotguns" with an effectve range of about two meters. Thats actually a pretty good reason to handle both aspects in a different way. Also keep in mind those games are vastly different in gameplay and focus much more on "fast close quarter action" while disregarding almost everything related to logistics.

Im with irishboy on this, it makes sense to limit the amount of guns, so you have to make a choice and live with that.

I dont think going "full rambo" in DayZ would make it a better game tbh, we need choices and consequences, and limiting the amount of weapons you can carry, is a very good idea in my world.

I would however not object to having a bag like Survivor_Ted showed, to carry extra weapons in.

But it should also be restricting and it should take up the hand slot, so you would not be able to fire unless you drop the bag and pull out the weapon on your back.

I feel like this would be to over powering. just imagine, a bandit could have a sniper rifle in his hands for long distances, a Ak-47 for mid, and a shot gun for CQB. I think two is plenty.