Sign in to follow this  
ZombinatoRR

Do we want vehicles?

The only vehicles we need in the game are Lada's, (VAZ), we already have everything in the game to fix them, a hammer and an adjustable spanner.

BMW-vs-Lada-evolution.jpg

• Like 2

I know,ya'll want cars and stuff like that,but in my opinion that will ruin the game,...

Why?

Well,i love to run around the map,explore,go hunt and do stuff like that,imagine how will berezino and other "war places" look like once they add choppers and airplanes,..i mean,that will be the mess...

And there will be no more fun wasting time on running all the way to North-west airfield,no more fun running around all day...i mean,it will all be gone...

Alot of people want cars,but are you quite sure about that?

I mean,i don't know about you guys,but i prefer exploring...

There is not going to hundreds of vehicles....they will be rare as fuck and they will take a lot of time and resources to repair/maintain.

At least it will give some more end game content to those who are not content with shooting new spawns in bero.

YA dig?

I know,ya'll want cars and stuff like that,but in my opinion that will ruin the game,...

Why?

Well,i love to run around the map,explore,go hunt and do stuff like that,imagine how will berezino and other "war places" look like once they add choppers and airplanes,..i mean,that will be the mess...

And there will be no more fun wasting time on running all the way to North-west airfield,no more fun running around all day...i mean,it will all be gone...

I don't care either way at this point.

Limited land vehicles will not ruin the game .

Helicopters certainly can ruin the game. They ruined the mod.

Helicopters were brilliant. The only problem with them, and all vehicles really, was how you could fly/drive them way out of the map to hide them so they could never be found.

Edited by ww THE TODD ww
  • Like 1

I'm okay with them so long as there are barriers preventing them from being everywhere.

Helicopters were brilliant. The only problem with them, and all vehicles really, was how you could fly/drive them way out of the map to hide them so they could never be found.

That was never an issue if someone hides something hard enough they should be pretty impossible to find.

The problem lies with helicopters having xray vision through heavy Forrest and instantly being able to spot everything in the map in 20 minutes.

Flying vehicles opens a can of worms and just brings forth more problems.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say it's misleading.  It ruined the mod for those who didn't get into for an army game but because it was based off of ARMA it was extremely difficult to do that.

Care to explain why would an helicopter ruin dayz for someone that wasn't into arma games? Unless you are implying that all helicopters are military machines I fail to understand your logic

Anyway people not wanting choppers in game are either too bad at being stealthy or just don't know the thrill of being chased by one

That was never an issue if someone hides something hard enough they should be pretty impossible to find.

The problem lies with helicopters having xray vision through heavy Forrest and instantly being able to spot everything in the map in 20 minutes.

Flying vehicles opens a can of worms and just brings forth more problems.

Yeah but there is hiding stuff and then there is hiding stuff kilometres out of the map which you shouldn't be able to do.

Edited by ww THE TODD ww

Ok so this one time I was driving around when my tire got sniped by a dmr or some thing.

I hop out and take cover then 2 dudes started coming around some corner.

Oh shit I thought this is bad.

So I took out the one satchel charge I had on me and put It next to the car I then waited for the 2 guys to be really close then started runnning I put a timer in case they killed me.

I ran to what I hoped was a safe ways away and blew it up.

I killed both guys but also screwed my self over and I ended up getting killed.

Still they did not get my car so that was cool.

But ya we want vehicles they change how the game works and next to a sniper or heli they are the end game.

The reason I like cars is when other people have them.

When you are off in the forest, safely traveling then all of a sudden you see a car coming your way it gets you on your toes.

The reason i like cars is when other people have them, true, because back in a mod, people in cars are always the first one that died, i like hearing that sound from the forest runing out on the open and spraying a hell out of their tyres, gladly, jumping out of cars is so slow that i alredy killed 3 while last one presed eject :) So yes, let them add some vehicles, ahhh, good old dayz in mod ...

Why?

[snip]

Back in the before time of DayZ, long long ago in the mod.(before it be came garbage) There were only 10 vehicles that spawned per server. That made finding a ride special and team work was required to get it working. I have a feeling it will be the same way after all this Alpha is out of the way. It adds other aspect to the game.

• Like 1

Why?

You have fun running because we have unlimited stamina and run with speed of ofroad GAZ car from the mod.

You bet cha I want vehicles! And choppahs!

Just nothing advanced, it has to be civilian equipment. No motion tracking, no smart missiles, whatever. Although an armoured car would be kinda cool ... For the guy driving it.

Oh I would like a functioning gearbox, though. Nothing more annoying than going top-speed on a country road.

I fail to see how other people having fun finding parts to assemble a car and then driving said car around is going to stop you from running around the map doing the things you do now.. When have they confirmed airplanes? i don't recall it even being mentioned, helicopters, sure. Also it seems you need to do some more research, it's been said many times that vehicles will be extremely rare and hard to find let alone assemble and keep running.

You post/concern is completely useless/flawed.

Edited by Chompster
  • Like 1

I want vehicles, not right now but maybe in september, when 64-bit server start working fine. They have pretty good art dept and I want to see what they can do. Also, I want vehicles to be detailed and usefull as posible. Like:

- shooting from vehicles

- ading metal plates, spikes and barb wire on vehicles

- detailed damage and maintance

- detailes like driving players in back of pick-up truck and posibility for them to fall out

- realistic cargo system ( when you load building material, wheels or parts in truck you can see cargo in back)

- variety of civilian and military vehicles

I want vehicles, not right now but maybe in september, when 64-bit server start working fine. They have pretty good art dept and I want to see what they can do. Also, I want vehicles to be detailed and usefull as posible. Like:

- shooting from vehicles

- ading metal plates, spikes and barb wire on vehicles

- detailed damage and maintance

- detailes like driving players in back of pick-up truck and posibility for them to fall out

- realistic cargo system ( when you load building material, wheels or parts in truck you can see cargo in back)

- variety of civilian and military vehicles

So you want Mad Max ? Do you also want a thunderdome ?

So you want Mad Max ? Do you also want a thunderdome ?

We already have thunderdome. Berenzino.

• Like 1

Wouldn't worry about that in the SA. Our private hive admins came up with a script that respawned any vehicle in the "wasteland" map boarders on restarts. If they can come up with something like that im sure the devs will aswell :)

• Like 1

We already have thunderdome. Berenzino.

Yeah "Mad" Max to the extreme... I guess that film reflects DayZ very well.... Madness to the Maximum.

So you want Mad Max ? Do you also want a thunderdome ?

Its not Mad Max if you ad bull bar on front or replace window with metal plate.

In all fairness, most of the vehicles in Chernarus would probably be diesel. A diesel engine is pretty simple. It shouldn't be "rare as fuck" to get one going. Unless DayZ is set twenty some years after the apocalypse, most of them should turn over just fine, even after a few years.

With fuel stations exploding left, right and center around Chernarus, diesel shouldn't be much of a problem either.

• Like 3

I want to be able to customize the hell out of my vehicle. Steel sheeting as armour over the door, being able to put branches on it for concealment, putting an akm drum mag on a turret, you name it. The limit of customizing should be endless imo

Just to echo the sentiment already given, the only cars available should be Ladas. I could see some sort of motorbike as well for the particularly suicidal.

im a bit worried it's gonna get hectic with vehicles/helicopters but we'll see.