Sign in to follow this  
ZombinatoRR

Do we want vehicles?

Helicopters did ruin the immersion of the game. It was near impossible to hide a single tent or camp without a huey finding them within a day. That, and the people who owned the servers heli's parked them 10km in debug so they could never be captured. They had no part in what the original game was aiming for.

Now, onto SA vehicles. I remember Dean saying that to fix up the vehicle you would have to have mechanics training or you would ruin the car even worse. I look forward to them. I also look forward to tents working and maybe smaller tents. Right now they're too large and most won't use them because they're pretty impossible to hide.

The most fun (for me) on DayZ is running along the North and West parts of the maps looking for camps.

I don't care when cars are added. I rarely use them in the mod. Just a headache imo. I can get around just fine by foot. Wheels always breaking, running out of gas, terrible steering and everyone and their mother knows when you pull into town.

Vehicles will give us end game. It will give us something to do after we have got bored to KOS. Chernarus Tokyo drift FTW!

The only reason i see a need for vehicles is to give us something to do.

Personally, having vehicles just seriously reduces the size of map. I want to have make sure any ventures out of my "base" require supplies and planning rather than just jeep-jambaree'ing across the map in about 90seconds.

Im a cold hearted killer, im not going to lie. But i like the challenge of it without vehicles, its fair, hard and rewarding. But as soon as they let me roll into a town with near inpuntity and bum rush the inhabitants, and keep going until all the cities and villages are cleared It just gets a little too close to BF4 for my liking.

Want to travel sightly faster. introduce push-bikes.

To address the "we need something to do" comments. Then perhaps invest the development time into static bases, advanced crafting, including rafts, and fortifying instead with a complex mix of crafting and gathering.

this is not depends on yourdesire. Cars,boats,helicopters,bikes will be in game. This game wont be running-walking simulator.Also rarity of veichle pars should be like rope-burlap snack this is my personal opinion.

this is not depends on yourdesire. Cars,boats,helicopters,bikes will be in game. This game wont be running-walking simulator.Also rarity of veichle pars should be like rope-burlap snack this is my personal opinion.

Nice grammar mate. Rope-burlap snack does sound tasty. Of course they will make vehicles rare. This is not GTA Online and big part of this game is walking and running AKA looting and exploring.

Before I start I wanna apologize if I repeat something that's already been said.

Yes. cars and possibly bikes should be added. Maby piece of crap cars on the side of the rode with a functioning radiator etc.

Collect parts from other cars and put them all in one car, break the lock and drive. You would of course need fuel, gasoline, diesel and such. Smashing a car would be fatal, depending on speed and hardness of object. I bet you all have heard that this has been called the "Running Simulator 2014" and I guess that is correct at some point. Same as above with bikes. Helicopters and planes would be pushing too far. How many people, rais their hands, can fly a helicopter or a plane. Maby russians, though. No.

I once again apologize if I repeated stuff from other replies and if I took anything from DayZ Modded, Haven't played it.

I don't know man, find them in other cars maby? Or in residential and industrial and such, and i gotta say the burlap sack isn't THAT rare.

Do we want vehicles?

yes

the main reason people who are not playing SA at the moment are not for these reasons

No vehicles

No bases/Building of bases

Zombies dont work good enough pathfinding glitches so on.

so when those are fixed or done then youll see majority of people playing again like the mod which is where alot will be or not playing fullstop or just plaiyng mods that already these working like Breaking point on amra 3.

vehicles add alot of fun to dayz and purpose in playing.

you have the find a vehicle aspect. where are they are they rare where they spawn . you have the collecting of the parts purpose and maintaining the vehicle.

the thrill of the chase of being chased after by vehicles on foot this can be both fun and terrifying. or you can be the persuer after the person on foot.

then there is the stealing of vehicles . finding them and the loot often with them. or the taking on of the groups who often have them.

so all in all yes you need vehicles they add alot to Dayz . when they are added back in youll see alot more people return to playing SA.

Cars will be hard to find and involve looking for specific parts, which will mean exploring. 

Choppers etc if they get added in, will be extremely hard to get running, and as the flying system will be based on Take on helicopters, probably result in the deaths of many a hard working survivor, as learning to fly will largely be trial and error. 

Edited by Capo

Helicopters did ruin the immersion of the game. It was near impossible to hide a single tent or camp without a huey finding them within a day. That, and the people who owned the servers heli's parked them 10km in debug so they could never be captured. They had no part in what the original game was aiming for.

Helis didn't ruin the game. The abysmal way that the game handled distant terrain ruined it.

Vehicles will be fun. Eventually.

>.> What I really really want are traps...So many fun things you can do with traps....barbed wire, bear traps, pointy sticks--even just simple stuff will do <.<

I hope all this stuff eventually plays off each other, or factors into decisions you have to make--- Say you find some barbed wire.. You might want to wrap it around your baseball bat, reinforce a barricade, or put it on the front of your car!

• Like 1