Sign in to follow this  
ZombinatoRR

Do we want vehicles?

I know,ya'll want cars and stuff like that,but in my opinion that will ruin the game,...
Why?
Well,i love to run around the map,explore,go hunt and do stuff like that,imagine how will berezino and other "war places" look like once they add choppers and airplanes,..i mean,that will be the mess...
And there will be no more fun wasting time on running all the way to North-west airfield,no more fun running around all day...i mean,it will all be gone...
Alot of people want cars,but are you quite sure about that?
I mean,i don't know about you guys,but i prefer exploring...

Explored it all, I want to get from A to B fast, it'd probably also bring some of my friends back on a more regular basis, being a lone wolf sucks..

The reason I like cars is when other people have them.

When you are off in the forest, safely traveling then all of a sudden you see a car coming your way it gets you on your toes.

• Like 3

It's been mentioned time and time again that this game will not be like GTA or Epoch with an abundance of cars readily available to you.  Vehicles are going to be few and far between plus will need maintenance and fuel.

• Like 9

I know,ya'll want cars and stuff like that,but in my opinion that will ruin the game,...

Why?

Well,i love to run around the map,explore,go hunt and do stuff like that,imagine how will berezino and other "war places" look like once they add choppers and airplanes,..i mean,that will be the mess...

And there will be no more fun wasting time on running all the way to North-west airfield,no more fun running around all day...i mean,it will all be gone...

Alot of people want cars,but are you quite sure about that?

I mean,i don't know about you guys,but i prefer exploring...

Well, I agree with you and I don't. I think heli's and airplanes may be a bit much, but I think cars and such will be good. Remember that there will be many different playstyles. Some people will still stay on foot and hunt and live off the land. Why? because they will remain quiet, and stealthy and not be seen by other players. Some will use vehicles, and set up large base camps and go on raiding parties. Why? because they enjoy looting others and using brute force to overwhelm their opponent. I could go on about this. There are many different playstyles, each one offering distinct pro's and con's. Vehicles will simply add more ways to play the game.

Also, all of the fun-running and such wont be gone. Remember that in a post-apocalyptic world, vehicles would be hard to maintain. Constantly needing gas, parts, etc. would be a hassle. I'm sure many people would just spend 20 minutes running instead of 20 minutes gathering parts to then spend 5 minutes driving. Everything we know and love now will always be there.

Sorry my post is so long, but now im done. I hope you understand what im trying to say. Thanks for reading.

• Like 3

I think vehicles should be abundant, but hard as fuck to fix. I mean, Chernarus is a ruge "modern" region, what kind of region doesn't have at least 1 vehicle in each town? You know, those farm trucks and old crap. I would like it to have a lot of vehicles because it would be realistic, but also hard as hell (a lot of rare itens needed) to repair/find stuff to repair it so it gets kinda dificult to see them fully working.

The reason I like cars is when other people have them.

When you are off in the forest, safely traveling then all of a sudden you see a car coming your way it gets you on your toes.

Toes..? I get go into a hype of extasy and joy, it means I get to shoot at someone, no one's going to jump out of a speeding vehicle to shoot back, the ones in the moving thing on wheels are the one's worse off in this case!

I do. I think it'd be fun to work on getting a car running with all my friends, then driving around in our shitty car with completely mismatched panels and doors of every colour. Building a character and having certain items that are reminders/products of the story we've forged over many hours of dicking around in DayZ is part of the fun for us. I think it'd be cool to have the same with vehicles.

• Like 2

No I don't want neither helicopters or any kind of vehicles in game

In fact the devs might as well label this game as finished and It would be Ok I already got my money's worth.

Srly I'm close to the first thousand of hrs and stil can't get enough (haven't seen a single hacker yet btw)

/s

Edited by PacificForPeace

I do. I think it'd be fun to work on getting a car running with all my friends, then driving around in our shitty car with completely mismatched panels and doors of every colour. Building a character and having certain items that are reminders/products of the story we've forged over many hours of dicking around in DayZ is part of the fun for us. I think it'd be cool to have the same with vehicles.

This exactly but I fear a lot of people are missing the point to what you are saying and are assuming cars will be readily available everywhere without the need to maintain them.

Edited by Caboose187

I'm sure about it because I played the mod.

The mod or Epoch?  A lot of people say they've played the mod when in fact they've only played Epoch and that's the only form of DayZ(shudder) they know.

• Like 4

This exactly but I fear a lot of people are missing the point to what you are saying and are assuming cars will be readily available everywhere without the need to maintain them.

Exactly, plus the plan is to go even further than the various mods based around the DayZ formula did, where maybe you have to fix a tire or fuel it up. They want globally regulated and limted spark plugs and door panels and batteries for crying out loud. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

• Like 1

I think more are just glazing over that fact in disbelief, most not coming from the true vanilla Mod where cars were a bitch to acquire and maintain. From what I have read/heard, vehicles in the SA are going to take even more of an effort.

Oh the unhappy ones we'll see after vehicles are implemented, even though they were forewarned about how much of an effort it will be just to get one going. Never-mind maintaining and actually keeping it for more than a day.  

I think more are just glazing over that fact in disbelief, most not coming from the true vanilla Mod where cars were a bitch to acquire and maintain. From what I have read/heard, vehicles in the SA are going to take even more of an effort.

Oh the unhappy ones we'll see after vehicles are implemented, even though they were forewarned about how much of an effort it will be just to get one going. Never-mind maintaining and actually keeping it for more than a day.  

Maintaining and keeping it should be fairly easy though, say.. before logging off for the day, remove essential parts needed to drive it, for example the spark plugs, heck.. why not the battery? If the parts are going to be as rare as I hope they are going to be, keeping a vehicle over an extended period of time shouldn't prove too difficult, however - one better not be logging off right next to the damn thing in case of - you guessed it: a happy camper.

Maintaining and keeping it should be fairly easy though, say.. before logging off for the day, remove essential parts needed to drive it, for example the spark plugs, heck.. why not the battery? If the parts are going to be as rare as I hope they are going to be, keeping a vehicle over an extended period of time shouldn't prove too difficult, however - one better not be logging off right next to the damn thing in case of - you guessed it: a happy camper.

You haven't played the Mod have you? If you did, you would know this is far easier said than done. Vehicles were the prime example of Murphy's Law.

Edit: What I mean about the Mod is, a proper Vanilla one without 5000 vehicles at the ready.

Edited by R.Neville

But you forget that someone could easily come and take other parts, requiring you to seek out the culprits or scavenge new parts. I like to think rival groups would emerge on home servers, raiding eachother and engaging in firefights over sparkplugs and the like, setting revenge ambushes on highways between known loot routes with IEDs. Unfortunately I don't think the playerbase will change, but with cool systems like this on the horizon I can dream and hope. :P

• Like 1

The mod or Epoch?  A lot of people say they've played the mod when in fact they've only played Epoch and that's the only form of DayZ(shudder) they know.

I've played both, as well as many of the other mods.  I always preferred vanilla (before it became shit, like after 1.6 or something), although I thought epoch base building was a step in the right direction even if the other shit on epoch wasn't so good.

My point is that I don't get people worrying about stuff like this when we have a perfectly fine example of it working fine and fun, and can only assume that like pretty much everything else the standalone has done so far it will be better.  That's sorta the entire point of the standalone isn't it?  To make everything from the mod better and make an actual game?

You haven't played the Mod have you? If you did, you would know this is far easier said than done. Vehicles were the prime example of Murphy's Law.

I have in fact played the mod ! I think I rode with a vehicle..once over the course of the entire time I did play it activly, I was however piloting a helicopter for an extended period of time for a clan based on their own server in the public hive, good times.

I do hope we won't see any form of aircraft just yet though.. 

Cant count how many "oh shit" moments vehicles have caused our group.

Most nights your objective turns into vehicle resucue when you blow a tire, or run out of fuel in a bad spot, or even worse, being shot at by other groups.

I also dont ever remember having a feeling like finally putting that last windscreen on the russian, getting it off the ground and flying out of devils castle.

I am pretty excited to relive alot of this in the SA.

• Like 2

Cant count how many "oh shit" moments vehicles have caused our group.

Most nights your objective turns into vehicle resucue when you blow a tire, or run out of fuel in a bad spot, or even worse, being shot at by other groups.

I also dont ever remember having a feeling like finally putting that last windscreen on the russian, getting it off the ground and flying out of devils castle.

I am pretty excited to relive alot of this in the SA.

Exactly, they give a lot of stuff to do, even if the end result is the same (pvp) it extends the journey.  Most of the time you get a vehicle going you end up asking "now what?" but at least it's an extra step, because right now you ask that question as soon as you get a gun.

It also creates incentive to travel the map, not just because they allow you to move faster, but because in order to get one to begin with you may have to go check the out of the way towns and go find parts etc.  The mod had me going to shitty little towns like Shakhovka or Pulkovo that I would have no reason to visit otherwise, because they had vehicle spawns or gas tanks etc.  I have no reason at all to go to those sort of places right now.

Limited land vehicles will not ruin the game .

Helicopters certainly can ruin the game. They ruined the mod.

Limited land vehicles will not ruin the game .

Helicopters certainly can ruin the game. They ruined the mod for me.

Clarified that for you, so no one gets mislead.

• Like 3

Clarified that for you, so no one gets mislead.

I wouldn't say it's misleading.  It ruined the mod for those who didn't get into for an army game but because it was based off of ARMA it was extremely difficult to do that.

I wouldn't say it's misleading.  It ruined the mod for those who didn't get into for an army game but because it was based off of ARMA it was extremely difficult to do that.

Saying helicopters ruined the mod is untrue as long as anyone found the game still enjoyable with them, which many people did.

If you don't like helicopters and the gameplay that came from them then that's a valid opinion to have.  Stating as fact that they ruined the mod is not, because many people enjoyed them.

So it ruined the mod for him, and others.  It did not ruin the mod.

Just like some people will claim KOS ruins DayZ.  I think we can all agree that is not true objectively.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1