Sign in to follow this  
ronfolkersma

When does the cars come?

Well they did say Q2 so check back around April next year.

• Like 3

I'd be very surprised and just as disappointed if it was this year...

Terror1, you really don't need vehicles at the moment. It doesn't take very long to get around the map on foot.

I'm hoping they don't put helicopters and such in. Off topic I'm good with bikes, motorcycles, cars and some trucks but don't want anything else if I'm honest.

• Like 2

Terror1, you really don't need vehicles at the moment. It doesn't take very long to get around the map on foot.

I'm hoping they don't put helicopters and such in. Off topic I'm good with bikes, motorcycles, cars and some trucks but don't want anything else if I'm honest.

Helicopters, tanks, planes and bull shit like that in general will kill DayZ.. I'm not even happy with cars and trucks, as for is hard to imagine how it will possible to maintain them in an Apocalyptic world... Horses, push bikes, bikes, things like that will be more logical.  

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 1

Will be the nicest troll if after months we are waiting for them, they gonna add vehicles, but ruined and non functioning like others already existing in game....and then:

"Yes, we added new vehicles"!

xD

Helicopters, tanks, planes and bull shit like that in general will kill DayZ.. I'm not even happy with cars and trucks, as for is hard to imagine how it will possible to maintain them in an Apocalyptic word... Horses, push bikes, bikes, things like that will be more logical.  

Dayz need vehicles.Gathering parts to fix them will be new mission,and we really need something to do beside gearing. Helicopters, planes and armoured vehicles are too much in my opinion, but civilian cars and some army trucks are ok.

• Like 1

Soon™. Well not really, but I hear bicycles are on their way.

Yeah, I too heard that.. months ago..

I want to buy Dayz. but its already confirmed that cars are coming but when?

any ideas? thanks.

If that's what's stopping you from buying it, if I were you, I wouldn't buy it at all.

• Like 2

IDK about cars, and i can not claim to have the slightest idea how hard it would be to work them in, but i think that horses would be an amazing feature to the game.

Soon™. Well not really, but I hear bicycles are on their way.

Hicks stated in one of his recent streams that the first vehicle will NOT be a bicycle. Maybe an ATV or Scooter perhaps?

Regardless of what it is, vehicles will not be instant transport across the map as some think they'll be.

Edited by R.Neville

Hicks stated in one of his recent streams that the first vehicle will NOT be a bicycle. Maybe an ATV or Scooter perhaps?

Regardless of what it is, vehicles will not be instant transport across the map as some think they'll be.

I agree... The speed increase from mod -> standalone is  noticeable when you swap back and forth. I'd say it's around 1.5x faster to travel in SA than in the mod (on foot).. When vehicles are in, hopefully the run speed gets nerfed a bit.

Also, the mod had stuff blocking roads... there's none of that in SA currently, but I'm assuming once vehicles get added back in they will throw the junk back on the roads to make transport more difficult. 

I think Heli's (if they will be in) are still a ways off.

Also, vehicles, while fast, attract attention and cost a lot of time/resources to procure, and only a few groups per server may even have access to them..

Good luck driving from Balota to NWAF without having your tires shot out on a full server.

Even better luck procuring a vehicle, keeping it in running condition, and hiding it for more than 24 hours on a relatively populated server.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 3

Also, the mod had stuff blocking roads... there's none of that in SA currently, but I'm assuming once vehicles get added back in they will throw the junk back on the roads to make transport more difficult.

I hope not! It was always pretty immersion ruining for me ... who the hell build all those barricades when the zombies showed up? Were the zombies driving Volvos? Also, I still kinda carry a grudge against road blocks. Every since the ghastly end to my first bike ride in the mod ...

I'd love player-build road blocks though. You drive around and come upon a barricade - could be an ambush, could be something from days ago. You might wanna just drive past it at the side of the road, take a different route or send a few guys in on foot to check it out. Could be really cool.

Edit: n00bglish.

Edited by LeeVanSpliff

Unicycle.

Or... space shuttle?

• Like 1

Unicycle.

Or... space shuttle?

Or roller skates ? ... that will be so funny.  :lol:

Unicycle.

Or... space shuttle?

I'm just thinking it will be something that is easy to implement, uses fuel, needs parts and is something they can test those features with. A bicycle won't do that, nor a unicycle.

A space shuttle could be end game material, when they allow space stations and colonizing other Zed infested planets.

I'm just thinking it will be something that is easy to implement, uses fuel, needs parts and is something they can test those features with. A bicycle won't do that, nor a unicycle.

A space shuttle could be end game material, when they allow space stations and colonizing other Zed infested planets.

Roller skates with attached rockets.. that will use fuel .. and parts..... :P

I hope not! It was always pretty immersion ruining for me ... who the hell build all those barricades when the zombies showed up? Were the zombies driving Volvos? Also, I still kinda carry a grudge against road blocks. Every since the ghastly end to my first bike ride in the mod ...

I'd love player-build road blocks though. You drive around and come upon a barricade - could be an ambush, could be something from days ago. You might wanna just drive past it at the side of the road, take a different route or send a few guys in on foot to check it out. Could be really cool.

Edit: n00bglish.

The only problem I had with barricades/road blocks was when they would randomly appear right under you right after you slammed into them, blowing out your front 2 tires and damaging your engine... Hate desync. :\

• Like 1

English is dead. DEAD!!!111

When do the cars come*

And Cpanther your sig..There is only one road to success; there are not short-cuts, there are no better roads.*

Anyway. -adjusts shirt collar-...>.> Sorry....with that bit of OCD out of the way...

Cars. Right. Eventually? ....

I'm calling it now though! We've all met the runners who blast music through their mic. We'll be seeing naked people on bikes blasting Queen's Bicycle Race along the coast till they get shot somewhere near Berezino!

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 2

English is dead. DEAD!!!111

When do the cars come*

And Cpanther your sig..There is only one road to success; there are not short-cuts, there are no better roads.*

Anyway. -adjusts shirt collar-...>.> Sorry....with that bit of OCD out of the way...

Cars. Right. Eventually? ....

I'm calling it now though! We've all met the runners who blast music through their mic. We'll be seeing naked people on bikes blasting Queen's Bicycle Race along the coast till they get shot!

Good English is out of Fashion  :P

• Like 1

-Pops a vein in one of my eyes, the white promptly runs red-

I'm just teasing. Mostly. -twitch-

Edited by Rudette

Some of you will be so disappointed when cars are added, you will find they add very little to the game unless other elements like stamina and weight get fleshed out.

a motorbike would fit the bill pretty well. Perhaps a quad, so that they don't have to worry so much about falling-off physics.