Sign in to follow this  
ronfolkersma

When does the cars come?

a motorbike would fit the bill pretty well. Perhaps a quad, so that they don't have to worry so much about falling-off physics.

My guess would be one of the smaller cars... the little blue miracle bus perhaps... It's really the most generic vehicle.

To people saying vehicles don't mean much, I think it's like having a car in real life. Cars will be good because it's something you've earned and it's yours to do whatever you want with. When cars are in, I'll fuck about with them no end, no doubt ending in multiple fiery deaths and unfortunate road 'accidents'

Edited by falcon1439

Soon™. Well not really, but I hear bicycles are on their way.

Really about bikes? I was hoping they would give us that.

I hope cars will be added rather later than sooner as I want them to be a reasonably complex and challenging end game feature you have to work towards (proabably with others helping) instead of them being just big and ready-to-go pieces of loot found everywhere (alá GTA).

Good English is out of Fashion  :P

Your own fault for dominating communication worldwide. Now most English speakers might be non-native speakers with their mastery being "good enough" instead of "good". :P

Edited by Evil Minion

I don't know if any of you are adrift of general current world events, so let me elucidate for you all to the fact that the super-totalitarian elite are quite interested in energy, and they have spent countless trillions of tax payer money in defending it for themselves.

Now, given this fact, how likely do you think it is that fuel for cars or other automotive technology available  for the forgotten minions in a zombie apocalypse?

How would cars function without petrol?

Have the Chernarussians developed atomic-core cars under the radar? Them wiley old foxes!

Edited by conan the librarian

First this game need optimization even now game usuallly laggy and buggy like helll. I dont want to think what wıll happen when cars implmented in to game.

Now, given this fact, how likely do you think it is that fuel for cars or other automotive technology available  for the forgotten minions in a zombie apocalypse?

Very likely in fact. Because there are no "hidden world leaders" who planned the whole thing. The apocalypse would hit suddenly and without former warning leaving barely enough time for the "elite" to safe themselves (and probably not even this). So there wouldn't be enough time to secure any belongings let alone greater amounts of valueable resources. This basically leaves a lot of fuel scattered in a world ruled by zombies.

Now you would still need to find and secure it (DayZ probably isn't set that far after the apocalypse so there should be usable reserves) - not easy but possible given you are resourceful enough to prevail. Surely nothing for a single freshspawn on the coast but for a highly geared cooperating group of skilled survivors. However, like any bigger goal the implementation would need to see the basics first - most of which most players won't associate with vehicles and cars at all.

Very likely in fact. Because there are no "hidden world leaders" who planned the whole thing. The apocalypse would hit suddenly and without former warning leaving barely enough time for the "elite" to safe themselves (and probably not even this). So there wouldn't be enough time to secure any belongings let alone greater amounts of valueable resources. This basically leaves a lot of fuel scattered in a world ruled by zombies.

:D

Naivety is a wonderful and precious thing,

Good luck with that when the SHTF.

Edited by conan the librarian

Please stick to the topic and don't spread your propaganda here. :P

Now, now.

I'm not spreading propaganda - I have no belief system to convert anyone towards, just being realistic in terms of worldwide tragedy.

I want to buy Dayz. but its already confirmed that cars are coming but when?

any ideas? thanks.

Cars are delayed once a week for every topic asking when they are coming, the ETA on cars now is in the year 2020

• Like 1

I want to buy Dayz. but its already confirmed that cars are coming but when?

any ideas? thanks.

next week most likely. You can buy already.

Cars are delayed once a week for every topic asking when they are coming, the ETA on cars now is in the year 2020

Yep.

And also, every time a car request comes in on the forums, Dean sacrifices a baby kitten.