Sign in to follow this  
Acher0n

So the game is pretty pointless (LMB Bug)

Seeing as every time I join the game, I get the lmb bug and spend 5-10 minutes running away from zombies until i can combat log out.

Any fix for this at all?

What? Is there a way to avoid it? Please explain as it is my #1 annoyance right now

dont press LMB too fast, wait for the animation to completely finish

Not always true. LMB bug occurs randomly. Half the time for me, I'll be engaging an enemy (player or zombie) with a weapon, and it will just stop firing. Then my life ends. It's not strictly related to melee. 

• Like 1

dont press LMB too fast, wait for the animation to completely finish

This helped the issue a LOT for me, but didn't solve it 100%. 

What? Is there a way to avoid it? Please explain as it is my #1 annoyance right now

There are theories, but every time I play this game, it happens to me. It always happens about an hour into the game, so it may be something related to poor optimization of RAM or something along those lines. You'll notice, while reading through these forums, that some players think this bug is an "extremely rare" bug, but for players like me, it's the MOST COMMON bug that I encounter. Some players report random broken bones which they claim happens to them all the time, yet I've not experienced that a single time.

It could be based on play style, it could be based on the hardware in you computer, it could be a server-related issue...no one really knows anything more than speculative theories. Until the dev's tackle this game-breaking bug, the game is quite unplayable for folks like you and I. 

I have never had this problem. What do you people do with the LMB? Just press it gently when the zombie passes you by, like a balerina.

Nothing is random in the world of 1s and 0s.  Even computer based random number generators.

• Like 1

It has nothing to do with how often you press it.  I thought that was true too at first, and initially seemed to notice a difference between clicking lmb and just holding it.  But now I routinely get this bug even when only pressing and holding it, rather than clicking.

It's a pain in the ass, especially when you get in a fight and need to shoot only to find you can't.

I seem to get it more with firearms than melee weapons too.

Hello there

Dont forget to report it and upvote the issue in the bugtracker.

Rgds

LoK