imaboss193

WHATS WRONG!

So, yestarday i purchased a Lenovo Flex 2 15. I downloaded day z alpha and i started it up.  When it opened it was all blurry. The words were unreadable and the cursor was messed up.  I had to click where i wanted it to go and i couldnt see where i was clicking.  SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! I NEED  TO FIX THIS!!!!

Really isn't much to go on there sport. Got the specs on that thing you're trying to play on? Sounds like a laptop? Might not meet spec...

Hmm... What has happened to me is in my DayZ.cfg file (Found in Documents > DayZ) loaded up in the wrong resolution.  Everything looked wrong and blurry, but I'm not sure if this is the same problem.  Anywho, I had to edit the file to match my specs.  I don't have the text from when it did that, but this is how mine looks currently..

Resolution_W=1366;
Resolution_H=768;
winX=0;
winY=0;

When before, I checked the file and it was set to something like :

Resolution_W=60;
Resolution_H=120;

Now those numbers are made up, but you get the idea that it isn't right.  Confirm that your config file matches that of your screen/monitor.  If you are unsure what the resolution is, on a Windows rightclick your desktop and choose the option "Screen Resolution"

Hope you resolve it!

Edited by doctajones

Hmm... What has happened to me is in my DayZ.cfg file (Found in Documents > DayZ) loaded up in the wrong resolution.  Everything looked wrong and blurry, but I'm not sure if this is the same problem.  Anywho, I had to edit the file to match my specs.  I don't have the text from when it did that, but this is how mine looks currently..

Resolution_W=1366;
Resolution_H=768;
winX=0;
winY=0;

When before, I checked the file and it was set to something like :

Resolution_W=60;
Resolution_H=120;

Now those numbers are made up, but you get the idea that it isn't right.  Confirm that your config file matches that of your screen/monitor.  If you are unsure what the resolution is, on a Windows rightclick your desktop and choose the option "Screen Resolution"

Hope you resolve it!

are you on windows 7 or 8

are you on windows 7 or 8

Windows 7.  Everything of my post should be true for windows 8 as well, besides maybe finding your resolution.  If that right click method doesn't work, just go to your control panel and look for display settings or something similar.  You should be able to find it.

Edited by doctajones

Windows 7.  Everything of my post should be true for windows 8 as well, besides maybe finding your resolution.  If that right click method doesn't work, just go to your control panel and look for display settings or something similar.  You should be able to find it.

ok is the resolutionit for the whole computer or dayz 

ok is the resolutionit for the whole computer or dayz 

Ok so, my screen (computer) resolution is 1366x768, found in my resolution/display settings.  In the DayZ config,

Resolution_W=1366;

Resolution_H=768;

Should match that of your computers resolution for full screen.

• Like 1

It is the resolution of your screen.

It is not coming up like that its coming up like there is the resolution then you click on it and it brings down defualt resolutions

It is not coming up like that its coming up like there is the resolution then you click on it and it brings down defualt resolutions

One of them should say "native" next to it. That is your screens resolution. edit- It might say "recommended"

Edited by gr8mghtyp00

According to a brief search, your screen resolution should be 1366 x 768.This model can have different screen resolutions, but have the same designation. Also, the model I found after typing " Lenovo Flex 2 15" into google shows that it only has an intel integrated gpu. If that's the case, then I don't think you will be able to run this very well, if at all.

Edited by gr8mghtyp00

• Go to C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DayZ\
  • Open DayZ.cfg with notepad (or any text editor)
  • Replace everything with the below (make back-ups):
language="English";adapter=-1;3D_Performance=1500000;Resolution_Bpp=32;Windowed=1;Resolution_W=1280;Resolution_H=720;winX=50;winY=50;winW=1280;winH=720;winDefW=1280;winDefH=720;Render_W=1280;Render_H=720;FSAA=0;postFX=0;GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;HDRPrecision=8;lastDeviceId="";localVRAM=2087387136;nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;vsync=0;AToC=0;SWLayersCount=0;PipQuality=3;PPAA=0;ssaoEnabled=0;

This will disable everything or set it as low as possible, and makes the game run in a 1280x720 window. After the game loads, go to Configure > Video > User Interface... and choose your resolution or simply resize the window before adjusting any other settings.

Alternatively, change the resolution in-game. (Instructions below if text is unreadable.)

1. In the main menu, click Configure (4th button.)

2. Click Video (Top-left, below the sliders.)

3. Click User Interface (Top-left, below the sliders.)

4. Change Resolution (First drop-down menu.)

5. The resolution should improve enough to set it to the one you want.

• Like 1

So, yestarday i purchased a Lenovo Flex 2 15. I downloaded day z alpha and i started it up.  When it opened it was all blurry. The words were unreadable and the cursor was messed up.  I had to click where i wanted it to go and i couldnt see where i was clicking.  SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! I NEED  TO FIX THIS!!!!

This happened to me. you need to go to configure, video, resolution, and change it to your screens maximum settings.

According to a brief search, your screen resolution should be 1366 x 768.This model can have different screen resolutions, but have the same designation. Also, the model I found after typing " Lenovo Flex 2 15" into google shows that it only has an intel integrated gpu. If that's the case, then I don't think you will be able to run this very well, if at all.

I'm running the game on a Lenovo laptop with intel integrated gpu.

STILL HAVIN A BLAST BRO :)

I'm running the game on a Lenovo laptop with intel integrated gpu.

STILL HAVIN A BLAST BRO :)

Maybe I underestimated intel....or overestimated the requirements of DayZ.

• Go to C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DayZ\
  • Open DayZ.cfg with notepad (or any text editor)
  • Replace everything with the below (make back-ups):
language="English";adapter=-1;3D_Performance=1500000;Resolution_Bpp=32;Windowed=1;Resolution_W=1280;Resolution_H=720;winX=50;winY=50;winW=1280;winH=720;winDefW=1280;winDefH=720;Render_W=1280;Render_H=720;FSAA=0;postFX=0;GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;HDRPrecision=8;lastDeviceId="";localVRAM=2087387136;nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;vsync=0;AToC=0;SWLayersCount=0;PipQuality=3;PPAA=0;ssaoEnabled=0;

This will disable everything or set it as low as possible, and makes the game run in a 1280x720 window. After the game loads, go to Configure > Video > User Interface... and choose your resolution or simply resize the window before adjusting any other settings.

Alternatively, change the resolution in-game. (Instructions below if text is unreadable.)

1. In the main menu, click Configure (4th button.)

2. Click Video (Top-left, below the sliders.)

3. Click User Interface (Top-left, below the sliders.)

4. Change Resolution (First drop-down menu.)

5. The resolution should improve enough to set it to the one you want.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Maybe I underestimated intel....or overestimated the requirements of DayZ.

I mean visually its nothing to write home about, but graphics aren't what make a game fun.  Just gotta know the tricks to get respectable FPS so its playable.