Tupoun

No more Towns

I think new towns are good and all that, but what I would like to see is more unique building assets rather than just copy / paste the same ones from town to town. I know unique assets are memory hungry and the fact we are going console now probably reduces the chance of a mass of new extra map assets, but one can dream.

In post apocalypse fiction, characters will often be forced into conflict with various antagonists because people tend to follow well worn paths, old roads, railways, trails. They do this not because of bad strategy, as it would be considered in DayZ, but because nature can often times be largely impassible, dangerous or inhospitable.

You're not taking into account one really large thing in nature that you'd notice if you're been hunting or walking in the bush: Game trails.

Animals are very lazy. Moose, elk and other animals like to take paths that don't give them an issue. This will lead you to find paths that aren't human made at all that will travel from interesting points, like from an unmaintained road heading straight into the bush to a pond a hundred meters away they drink at.

No more cities!! I enjoy pvping in the open field with all of my FPS. Going to Svet is a lagfest! Too many cities for this horrible engine.

Since base building is something I imagine the majority of players look forward to (including vehicles and a vast set of weapons) I think the map shouldn't be flooded with cities, however a good balance is also good to do.

Since there are a lot of new locations perhaps creating bases within houses too.

You're not taking into account one really large thing in nature that you'd notice if you're been hunting or walking in the bush: Game trails.

Animals are very lazy. Moose, elk and other animals like to take paths that don't give them an issue. This will lead you to find paths that aren't human made at all that will travel from interesting points, like from an unmaintained road heading straight into the bush to a pond a hundred meters away they drink at.

Yup, and Cherno doesn't have any those either.

My concern right now after seeing that the north of Govzdno is being field with buildings and houses, is that the north part of the map will be turn into a big town. Like some said, add something special instead a preserve the wilderness.

I really hope the devs will have a solution for the fps issue in Town/Cities.

It would have been fun if Bis was able to create caves and stream with their engine :(

Edited by Papanowel

Not sure what the issue is,  I've just spent the past three hours trying to get back to civilization running through the forest and prairies in the north.  I am completely lost and slowly running out of food and drinks.

LOL what? - Were you running in circles?