Sign in to follow this  
MG9207

Char' restart & campers....

A combat logger complains about a camper.... LOL!!!!

Thank you for restoring my faith in Karma.

Faith in karma ?, lol. Karma has nothing to do with faith my friend.

Karma(sanskrit) or kamma (Pali) means action or deed of which the intention of the action/deed determines wether it's good or bad.

Vipaka is the result also called the fruit you will sow from the the specific karma you have performed.

So please can i ask you to research these terms before using again.

I have no interests in a conflict but the way you used the ancient term of Buddhism and Hinduism teachings

shows you contain a false knowledge about it. 

If we had a real apocalypse I suspect we'd break into groups, initially with whomever was close by but eventually into types who get along.  We'd put up with certain things like violent people to defend the group, louder opinionated types who would fight to lead, maternal types who'd help with food and nursing and so on.  Like real life, we'd still be part of groups with people we like and dislike. It would just be smaller groups and our priorities would be pretty much: eat, drink, sleep, stay alive.

Interesting conversation.  :thumbsup:

For the record, people are also combat logging in .47 stable because of the left mouse button problem.  Some people have no issues at all while others are plagued with it, it seems.

Look... a new player didn't understand the mechanics. Instead of reveling in his loss we should probably explain to him what happened and the history behind it. 

In the old Mod and even in SA people would do what we call "Combat Logging". When firefights would break out there are a group of people that would panic and log out of the server. Because of he hive system they can then log into a different server and run away. Thus they don't really ever risk anything. This is seen as shady and unfair to those who would actually stick on the server and use tactics to maneuver. Combat loggers would often kill people they had the jump on, but then log off when it wasn't in their favor or they got surprised in turn. 

Because this is considered poor sportsmanship the developers built a control for it into the game. When you log off the game your character is actually still in the game for 30 seconds. If you die within that time frame the game will consider you dead and the next time you log in it is as if you died and respawned. This also happens if you log out while handcuffed or unconscious. This prevents people from logging out, logging into a "safe" server and unbinding or waiting to wake up. 

Otherwise it was far too easy to preserve your character with a quick disconnect and the game couldn't tell the difference between an honest one and someone just pulling out the network plug or Alt-F4'ing. So if you have power issues or lightning in your location might be a good idea to log off or not go into any dangerous areas during that time.

Had to login to give you beans. Good Post man.

Yea the OP is new like he said so he doesn't understand the ediquette or code of conduct for the game, cut him some slack.

• Like 1

Faith in karma ?, lol. Karma has nothing to do with faith my friend.

Karma(sanskrit) or kamma (Pali) means action or deed of which the intention of the action/deed determines wether it's good or bad.

Vipaka is the result also called the fruit you will sow from the the specific karma you have performed.

So please can i ask you to research these terms before using again.

I have no interests in a conflict but the way you used the ancient term of Buddhism and Hinduism teachings

shows you contain a false knowledge about it. 

28 posts and you've appointed yourself captain of the grammar police. How about, "Combat logging is morally wrong and displays poor sportsmanship in the field of virtual warfare." 

You never explained Karma Chameleon. Pfffttt.... thought you knew everything...  <_<

• Like 1

Yea the OP is new like he said so he doesn't understand the ediquette or code of conduct for the game, cut him some slack.

So the whole idea of logging out because someone is shooting at you is suddenly O.k because he is new?

Imagine playing Counterstrike and then logging out someone is shooting at you

Imagine playing Mount & Blade and then logging out because someone is shooting [arrows] at you

Imagine playing Battlefield and then logging out because someone is throwing artillery at you

Why would it be O.K in DayZ? At what point does him being new to the game excuse him from doing something which is frowned upon in every single multiplayer game in existence?

Let me answer that question for you: it doesn't. He never should have logged out to get away from his attacker.

So yeah, that's like karma right, MG80085?

• Like 1

Calm it right down, guys.

Now.

If I have to come back, there's going to be some suspensions.

Discuss dont insult.

L

Yeah the forum needs some cleaning ASAP it seems. 

Also it would be ideal if there whas a possability for a thread started to block out

certain individuals from responding to your thread.

Just a matter of preventing what's going on in this thread.

So the whole idea of logging out because someone is shooting at you is suddenly O.k because he is new?

Imagine playing Counterstrike and then logging out someone is shooting at you

Imagine playing Mount & Blade and then logging out because someone is shooting [arrows] at you

Imagine playing Battlefield and then logging out because someone is throwing artillery at you

Why would it be O.K in DayZ? At what point does him being new to the game excuse him from doing something which is frowned upon in every single multiplayer game in existence?

Let me answer that question for you: it doesn't. He never should have logged out to get away from his attacker.

So yeah, that's like karma right, MG80085?

Really? You can't give slack to someone who just started playing a game?

"At what point does him being new to the game excuse him from doing something which is frowned upon in every single multiplayer game in existence?"

The answer to that is when he comes onto a forum and people like us let him know it's frowned upon and he shouldn't do it. So the matter is settled for him. If he comes on here 2 weeks from now saying "aw bullshit I died after I logged out in a gunfight, wtf gives," Thats where you come in and I nod in approval of your blasting.

Edited by yocheco619

Yeah the forum needs some cleaning ASAP it seems. 

Also it would be ideal if there whas a possability for a thread started to block out

certain individuals from responding to your thread.

Just a matter of preventing what's going on in this thread.

No, it doesn't. Part of communicating on a forum is receiving opposing views. Yes, some people will be rude but don't let it get to you and see if their post has any merit beyond the rudeness. 

What we can take from this is that the Anti-Combat Logging they put into place works. Bet you will never do that again. ;)

Really? You can't give slack to someone who just started playing a game?

Nope, it was just too much of an open door to kick in. The attitude of the OP was also taken into consideration, btw.

I also do not see how the op can assume he was "kos'd"

How does he know this person or people didn't scope him out for 20 minutes before deciding to take him out?

Waiting to see his lackluster carefree running around a military base by himself, and decided hey, this guy clearly needs a lesson on the do's and don'ts of dayz.

I don't know, unless you're a new spawn there's no reason to be upset you were shot at.

In general anyone at a military base that's not being careful deserves to have his loot put to better use.

If you know "everyone camps vybor" then why did you go in alone?

And combat logging on top of it all....

Tsk tsk is my choice of words here.

• Like 2

The infected should be the man threat. There should never be talk of they are not.

That is utter bollocks. There isnt a single PVP enabled game where the NPCS are a bigger threat then actual players and you know it. 

Zombies don't shoot back, don't hide, don't sneak up on you, don't snipe you, don't want your loot, don't use vehicles, don't team up, don't use tactics and the list goes on.

Zombies are a annoyance and a possible threat when caught offguard nothing more, nothing less. The real danger is and will always be fellow survivors. You can argue all you want but it's a simple fact. 

Game AI will never be as resourcefull as a human nor does it have the ability to adapt. Current game mechanics simply do not provide for or allow an advanced enough AI to make zombies the threat you make them out to be.

Edited by Massacre

That is utter bollocks. There isnt a single PVP enabled game where the NPCS are a bigger threat then actual players and you know it. 

Zombies don't shoot back, don't hide, don't sneak up on you, don't snipe you, don't want your loot, don't use vehicles, don't team up, don't use tactics and the list goes on.

Zombies are a annoyance and a possible threat when caught offguard nothing more, nothing less. The real danger is and will always be fellow survivors. You can argue all you want but it's a simple fact. 

Game AI will never be as resourcefull as a human nor does it have the ability to adapt. Current game mechanics simply do not provide for or allow an advanced enough AI to make zombies the threat you make them out to be.

Well you clearly enjoy your pvp but thats not really what half of the other ppl signed up for. So lets hope that changes.

Although not the dirtiest thing you can do on dayz (that's hacking) Combat logging is still heavily frowned upon. I don't see how someone can compare the kos system to combat logging. One is a legitimate and safe method of survival, if a bit lame at times. Another is exploiting the fact your character can warp to different dimensions to escape threats in previous ones which of course is in no way realistic. Would you not argue shooting people on sight would be a foreseeable outcome in a survival world? I'm sure many people wouldn't take chances with others, especially if things were desperate. ofc combat logging is by no means realistic, hence why people hate it so much and view it as a cheap way to escape. I also fail to see how KOS ruins the game, its always been part of it and until more survival content and overall loot balance is added it will always take precedence over survival interaction. Currently I find the most interaction is why people have just spawned or have looted basic gear, when you get people with better gear they tend to shoot first to not risk loosing the gear which in my book is fair enough.

In the case of this chap its clear he was caught and killed, as people have mentioned you character sticks about for 30 seconds before it disappears, ill wager they chased you and noticed you disconnecting or assumed you would and caught you before your character disappeared. In future you shouldn't combat log, its a cheap way to avoid death. Dont know how many times we have encircled some guy in a building and he simply logs out, requiring us to monitor player counts and try to keep a visual. Often it forces us to storm a building because we have to assume they will try and combat log. Some do, some don't. The ones who don't give us more entertainment.

At least thing are far better than they used to be, before the 30 second timer was added you could log out of a server instantly. Every other guy would log out soon as he was shot at. Also think of it this way, if you combat log you run the risk of your character being caught and the people shooting at you can simply pop your guy in the head and take all your pristine loot. If you go out fighting chances are they will riddle you with bullets and ruin your stuff, meaning they earned nothing from killing you (especially if you can shoot them as well and ruin some of their stuff too)

Edited by OmpaLompa

Well you clearly enjoy your pvp but thats not really what half of the other ppl signed up for. So lets hope that changes.

Out of curiosity, what did you sign up for? I'm honestly curious what you expect from this game once it's finished.

Just because it's a factual statement that PVE has and never will be a bigger threat than PVP doesnt mean hes saying that's what he enjoys.  And unfortunately no it wont change.  For all the facts stated.  Humans will always be a bigger threat than a computer generated threat no matter what you do.