Raoul9753

Log Horizon basicly nailed it on the problem of the current Alpha version of DayZ SA

THIS IS JUST A LITTLE GAG, STOP GOING CRAZY ABOUT "ITS ONLY ALPHA SHUT UP!!!!"

823651_6cbzdg4z3f.jpg

Edited by Raoul9753
  • Like 2

And here we have another person complaining about content. I suggest you wait until full release.

• Like 1

And here we have another person complaining about content. I suggest you wait until full release.

Keep cool.

I was just watching, listening to this conversation and the first thing that shot through my head was "DayZ SA!", so I though "Why not post it, its a laugh..."

Keep cool.

I was just watching, listening to this conversation and the first thing that shot through my head was "DayZ SA!", so I though "Why not post it, its a laugh..."

Still not a valid thread. You posting this in the DayZ Gen. Discussion is asking for hate comments.

Blame the other 1000+ threads that complain about the same thing.

Edited by SFRGaming

Still not a valid thread. You posting this in the DayZ Gen. Discussion is asking for hate comments.

Blame the other 1000+ threads that complain about the same thing.

I cant blame them...

Charging 20 Bucks for a game thats basicly a walking simulator is kinda rough^^

I am sure alot of people expected more.

I mean, I bought it because I belive the game has great potential, but alot of people have bought it, expecting the DayZ they heard so much about. And I can understand that they have been really disapointed.

I cant blame them...

I mean, I bought it because I belive the game has great potential, but alot of people have bought it, expecting the DayZ they heard so much about. And I can understand that they have been really disapointed.

But everyone who expeceted more is simply stupid. Lets not forget the disclaimers telling us NOT to buy the Alpha please.

• Like 1

WE NEED A PERSISTENT STOCK MARKET

I will buy out Chernarus and make everyone my bitch if we're going this route.

• Like 1

While boredom is a major problem in early access, the biggest problem is the devaluation of playing the game. I'm talking about hacking and duping.

Dupers, in particular, are ruining this game because there is very little (and most likely, nothing) happening to solve the problem. If you dupe, you never have to find gear again. You never have the sense of fear of losing equipment, because if you die, you simply dupe again and start over. Duping is a minor inconvenience, and takes 10 minutes to outfit 2-3 players with full duped gear. Dupers play the game like it's Call of Duty, running around and wildly shooting at anything and everything without fear of death. Death to them, after all, is simply a way to refill your ammo supply. Duping goes against everything this game once stood for, and there isn't a single mechanic in-game to stop it. AFAIK, there hasn't even been a response from the devs about the issue and what they're doing to stop it, but correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

While content is good, there are other, bigger issues to worry about. Removing dupers once and for all is actually a content adjustment, because the players are a content resource. It ruins the game when cheaters run around with full gear, unafraid to die, and simply want to ruin the day of people who play the game as intended.

• Like 2

Ah, anime. How boring. I liked Trigun, though.

And yeah, expect a lack of content in an early access game. Amusing, though. Definitely accurate.

• Like 1

While boredom is a major problem in early access, the biggest problem is the devaluation of playing the game. I'm talking about hacking and duping.

Dupers, in particular, are ruining this game because there is very little (and most likely, nothing) happening to solve the problem. If you dupe, you never have to find gear again. You never have the sense of fear of losing equipment, because if you die, you simply dupe again and start over. Duping is a minor inconvenience, and takes 10 minutes to outfit 2-3 players with full duped gear. Dupers play the game like it's Call of Duty, running around and wildly shooting at anything and everything without fear of death. Death to them, after all, is simply a way to refill your ammo supply. Duping goes against everything this game once stood for, and there isn't a single mechanic in-game to stop it. AFAIK, there hasn't even been a response from the devs about the issue and what they're doing to stop it, but correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

While content is good, there are other, bigger issues to worry about. Removing dupers once and for all is actually a content adjustment, because the players are a content resource. It ruins the game when cheaters run around with full gear, unafraid to die, and simply want to ruin the day of people who play the game as intended.

While i agree with you,imo it would be better if devs focus the weight of loss more on the charachter rather than gear.

What i mean is losing the ingame knowlede you charachter has gained while trying to survive.

For example i have a charachter that i trained him spenting a lot of valuable time how to fix a car,a helicopter and is to be an excellent chef.

If i were to lose that charachter i would have to start over again building his skills from scratch,which imo has way more impact loss. :)

While i agree with you,imo it would be better if devs focus the weight of loss more on the charachter rather than gear.

What i mean is losing the ingame knowlede you charachter has gained while trying to survive.

For example i have a charachter that i trained him spenting a lot of valuable time how to fix a car,a helicopter and is to be an excellent chef.

If i were to lose that charachter i would have to start over again building his skills from scratch,which imo has way more impact loss. :)

I agree that there should be more incentive to stay alive longer. However, dupers will always dupe because they have nothing to lose. If your entire purpose in the game is to kill people, you don't care about skills and perks. You simply dupe gear, find someone, shoot them, and move on. If you die, it means you get to dupe again and get more ammo. While an incentive to live longer and learn more skills would benefit the regular player, it has no effect on the KOS'ing, duping, CoD-style bandit.

Hey, another endgame thread complaining about the lack of things to do in a game where the entire goal is to not die. It's not like there's another one of these or these or these or these or these or these or these

EDIT: Or these or these or these

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 3

OMGSH@! You're on the Day-Z cheer squad aren't you?! 

I'm so glad I finally got to see you post! 

• Like 3

This. The main problem about the nagging is simply this. Wrong expectations.

You can expect something from the final product ( which you actually payed for, the participation in Alpha was your descision! )

But the ammount of people who seem to know best how and where the development has to go is simply tyring. Neither do they get what an alpha stage is ( content adding, not bug fixing, because new content WILL bring new bugs AND will break earlier bugfixes, making the whole process a waste of time. ), nor do they know what the devs are working on to what extend and how much work for feature X is required.

Imagine what would happen if Apple would start an Early Access Alpha sale of their ofc brand new iPhone24.9S. 17 Million people would buy it, 10 Million are going to complain that the camera doesnt work properly, and the remaining 7 Million will start "Never Apple again!!!! zomfg" shitstorms on the web.

It's all about expectations, really.

This touched me on a very deap level....

Thank you!

I don't get the hate, it's pretty relevant.  It's even relevant to games with more content.

This basically sums up my feelings on UO as well, and I love UO.  It had a ton more to do than DayZ does currently, but at the end of the day pking is still the funnest thing you can do.

No matter what content they add to DayZ, and I'm legitimately looking forward to it all, at the end of the day killing other players is still going to be the funnest thing to do for a lot of players as well.

There's nothing wrong with that, and it's a funny picture/quote.

Edited by Bororm

I found this thread amusing, and quite accurate

Seriously, some of you need to lighten up. Who cares if you think there are threads like this one everywhere. Obviously if repost threads were as huge of a deal as you think they are the admins would be locking them or closing them more frequently

Get on with your lives. Learn to laugh and have some fun