Sign in to follow this  
NagsterTheGangster

Saving animals using medic supplies?

So my gf plays this game with me on occasion but theres a lot of game aspects that don't really appeal to her.  However, I know if she could save animals in the game that would be something she would rather go out and do then PvP...

So, do you think it would be fun to be able to use bandages, splints, blood transfusions (which could go both ways from pigs perhaps?) and lastly, defib units.

Give me your thoughts on it and if you think you would ever partake in the animal rescue team.

• Like 5

Sure,when livestock gets into play,i believe keeping animals healthy/fed and facilitated to protect them from harsh weather conditions and temperatures will play a significant role.

So, do you think it would be fun to be able to use bandages, splints, blood transfusions (which could go both ways from pigs perhaps?) a

The pig moved and the Blood Bag Kit fell off.

• Like 2

I'm very sure that later, when also companion-animals like Dogs, Horses (and maybe scouting birds) are implemented, we'll be able to patch them up with rags, etc.

Edited by irishroy

The pig moved and the Blood Bag Kit fell off.

Good point....But when you're grayscale, alone and desperate... it might be your only option..

Other than killing the pig and eating him to regen health possibly lol

• Like 1

Lol^^

Im all for it, imagine a kicking in a door, and being held and cuffed at gunpoint... Tortured for hours... And as the bandit loads the gun to finish you off, your German Shepard plows through the window, and kills the bandit. Was that a shot you heard, or a crash? You look and your beloved pet is lying in his own blood, so you bandage him and carry him to your house, where you nurse him back to health.

Shrub Rocketeer would be overjoyed.

Remember: any "animals" kept by you will be shot by me purely out of spite should they ever make it into the game.

• Like 2

"I was walking down the stairs and broke every bone in my body, got any morphine?"

"Sorry bro, the pig comes first."

• Like 5

My dog takes the same pain medication as my mother (for my mom's back problems she takes percaset and my dog has a double ear infection and she was prescribed what literally is percaset under a different name), so at some point I'd like to share my pills with my dog.

But of course we'd have to wrap it up in ham so the damn critter will even look at it.

But of course we'd have to wrap it up in ham so the damn critter will even look at it.

Put the pill in the back of its mouth and rub its throat.

so true ;)

but some dogs notice the pills and somehow manage to eat only the ham and spit out the pill 

cute idea...

I can't imagine ever using it, but maybe some time in the future this could be cool.

You're still talking about the dog, right?

Did you honestly just suggest animal rescue in order to get your girlfriend to play????

LSHIFOTFADMT!!!! (Laughing so hard I fell on the floor and dropped my taco!)

• Like 1

Honestly, unless it is a simple task, this is simply a waste of resources to implement this.

If (once?) we get animal companions I'm sure they can get injured and need bandages or splints, but for wild animals? Seems pretty pointless. They would just run away.

They would just run away.

How, its injured lol

But its an idea for later, much later prolly.

Did you honestly just suggest animal rescue in order to get your girlfriend to play????

She plays with me anyways?

Theres just a lack of activities to do in the game atm and I thought that to be fun later on once fundamentals are polished.

Correct me if I wrong but I don't think wildlife has fracture mechanics or lulls into unconsciousness. Perhaps this will change, but it stands that DayZ is a survival sandbox, not a pet hospital

• Like 1

Personally, I'd help the animals if I could take them and use them for future purposes. Then of course after their purpose was fulfilled..... Old Yeller style. On another note to make this account it asked what color an orange is. I SOOOOOOOOO wanted to put green if its rotten.

It would be an awesome idea , after all even people in the apocalypse are looking after other animals , I for one would love to find a wounded hog , I would bandage him up or fix his leg and let him run off hog wild (pun intended ) even if I was starving only because it's a unique experience that's only experienced in real life , dayz thrives to be super realistic and this would only make it more realistic ( imagine being able to knock animals unconcious and use them as bait , or to find a group of veterinary survivors trying to get a cow back on its feet from a bacterial infection , either helping or killing them all and taking the cow ) . Definitely worth adding at the end of alpha .

• Like 1