yeinzy

more zombies?

is it more zombies now? i realy like it! but i dont like the respawn time on them and the aggro, will they fix this? :)

• Like 1

Well I'm sure they'll be working on them ... at no point during DayZ SA (when I've been playing at least) have the zombies been working well, so I'm pretty damn sure they'll be putting more effort into them.

And yeah, the increased zombie number is cool.

I would love to see more Zeds but not until they have ironed out the current issues with them.

• Like 1

current zombies are beasts

- you can´t shoot them(you will attract more of them)

- you can´t melee them

- they have too powerfull hits - can eliminate you out with 1 hit

- see you in 1 km instance

MORE of them will be more unplayable - OR WE GET A GATTLING GUN/ incl. 500.000 bullets :D (as starting gear)

Edited by TiMEDANCE

yes you can melee them... it's not kiddie easy like it was before. you can't just casually side step and swing your axe as they run past you and continue on your way anymore.

it takes a little effort to get the hang of it.. but once you do it is almost as easy as before.

• Like 1

I found the best way to deal with zombies now never fails. When they jump or grab at you side step them then line up and hit them while standing still As soon as they attack they give you a 3 second window before they can do anything else and are left vulnerable. If you go in swinging like a loon you will have a harder time. Always counter attack them never attack before they make their first move

Yesterday I took a big chance on a high pop server and tried looting the Balota tents. Had to shoot a z. Then three turned up. OK. Shot them. Then six (or was it seven?) started chasing me around like a Keystone Cops scene and I just had to run.

I do like the emphasis on stealth, but not always possible to do that, and current z mechanics are making life very hard for lone wolves. Perhaps that's as it should be though...

I don't seem to have the probs others are having with the z's.

Yes, it is a little bit harder to melee the zs but overall going in right direction.

I used a silenced pistol. One shot to the head. Then I moved away. No z respawn chasing me, great.

I like it, that when you shoot a loud weapon you are basically ringing the dinnerbell. On a thread I started it's all about dilemmas. You shouldn't get away with stupid play.

• Like 1

I don't seem to have the probs others are having with the z's.

Yes, it is a little bit harder to melee the zs but overall going in right direction.

I used a silenced pistol. One shot to the head. Then I moved away. No z respawn chasing me, great.

I like it, that when you shoot a loud weapon you are basically ringing the dinnerbell. On a thread I started it's all about dilemmas. You shouldn't get away with stupid play.

You do know that the suppressors don't work, right?

OT:

I don't actually mind the buggy hit detection that much now, got used to it but I don't think they should keep the aggro once they respawn.

At first, I hated the new melee issue. However, after getting the hang of it, it isn't that bad. When I think about it too, it kind of makes more sense: Being able to swing once and kill a zombie easily isn't realistic. Now, I imagine that your axe gets stuck in a zombie or you really have to get the axe deep before it goes down. For the first time, I'm running from 5 zombies instead of trying to fight them, which makes sense.

I will admit thought, they do aggro from pretty far. It seems that when I look at them in a distance they immediately make eye contact with me and start the chase.

Edited by yocheco619

What I do is have them chase me in a house or building then run back out quickly closing the door behind me. They can't open doors so they are locked in...This works in some cases. 

Zombies are so fucking annoying lol Honestly I think the current count of zombies is fine and really don't want to see more of them, unless it is in was once was a populated area for realism sake. Quite frankly I view them as more of an pain in the ass currently then anything, and at times really fucking annoy me. Serous zombies really annoy the shit out of me in DayZ....something about those noises they make! They remind me of retarded inbred meth heads! I quite frankly get nothing out of killing them, no thrill, no challenge, no items....nothing. They can also ruin you gear, by being attacked by them....vary annoying. I try to avoid them I prefer to save my ammo for animals and other players that I get can something from. 

I know I know its a Zombie game...LOL But it seems with the .47 stable build we got some new cool add on's, buggy malee and more annoying zombies. So DayZ to took one step foward 2 steps back. Its Alpha! I know!

Edited by CJFlint

Nope. Not more zombies until they are working as intended, thank you very much...

About melee in 0.47: Just try this. Take an axe, or, you know, just a big stick, go outside and look for a tree. Stand about half a meter away from it. Now swing at the tree. Can you miss the tree?

This is what happens with zombies currently. I'm not sure how that's physically possible.

• Like 1

The issue I have with them is they no longer give up pursuit.  We fought off a ton of respawning Z's, and then ran away for about 2 km.  We had one on tail we could see right when we left.  After we got to our next location, about 6 minutes later, that same zombie had made its way all the way to us.  We shot him, and of course, this spawned in every zombie in the game right on us.  FML.

The big issue came later when we decided to log out.  We ran deep into the woods.  Ate some food and organized some gear. My buddy logged out first, I was about too when I saw a zombie coming from, I dont know how far back.  Because the game takes about 30 seconds for your character to disappear, the zombie was running right for my friend who had logged out.  I shot the z to protect him so he would lose his guy.  But then more zombies came from outta nowhere.  I fought them off and ran.  I checked everywhere, it looked clear, I logged off. 

I have yet to log back in yet and see if I still have my character, but Im nervous. 

Yesterday I took a big chance on a high pop server and tried looting the Balota tents. Had to shoot a z. Then three turned up. OK. Shot them. Then six (or was it seven?) started chasing me around like a Keystone Cops scene and I just had to run.

I do like the emphasis on stealth, but not always possible to do that, and current z mechanics are making life very hard for lone wolves. Perhaps that's as it should be though...

That's as it should be to me...played (and still do) a lot of the mod. There they don't stop until you stop shooting...or run to the trees and loose them in the pines.

Once we can stealth past em like in the mod it will need more by quite a bit imo :)

The zombies are abit harder to deal with then before .47. For starters it seems there is some issue were with melee combat were sometimes even if you aim in were you want to hit, no damage happens and no strike. This a known bug that needs to be fixed. I'm sure the devs are aware of it, it will more then likely get fixed....I hope....

The Zombies are smarter and there is no more running up stairs to hide from them or get away from them. They will just come up and attack you there. But they can't run through walls or closed doors. So I'm finding my self having to adjust my methods of dealing with zombies pests. Locking them in rooms is something that is a realistic option, if you don't feel like a pointless zombie brawl, which they really are if you play to survive. Cause each time you fight one it takes a little out of your avatar, they slowly bleed you to death. There is ways of avoiding being hit by them, but its dosn't always work. 

The reason I say they bleed you to death slowly over time if you don't watch your self. Cause you my think your ok after fighting them. You can get infections from bleeding, you can have you gear slowly wrecked over time, you can suffer the grey screen trauma which means your vary close to death even if you have the green bars. Then when you do go pvp, you die much faster, because your CHR was already on the brink. I'm finding as a long duration survival player zombie attacks can take there toll over time. You have to really watch you CHR health and weather your seeing color or grey, + your gear condition.   

Real pests!

Edited by CJFlint

What I do is have them chase me in a house or building then run back out quickly closing the door behind me. They can't open doors so they are locked in...This works in some cases. 

Zombies are so fucking annoying lol Honestly I think the current count of zombies is fine and really don't want to see more of them, unless it is in was once was a populated area for realism sake. Quite frankly I view them as more of an pain in the ass currently then anything, and at times really fucking annoy me. Serous zombies really annoy the shit out of me in DayZ....something about those noises they make! They remind me of retarded inbred meth heads! I quite frankly get nothing out of killing them, no thrill, no challenge, no items....nothing. They can also ruin you gear, by being attacked by them....vary annoying. I try to avoid them I prefer to save my ammo for animals and other players that I get can something from. 

I know I know its a Zombie game...LOL But it seems with the .47 stable build we got some new cool add on's, buggy malee and more annoying zombies. So DayZ to took one step foward 2 steps back. Its Alpha! I know!

you make it sound like you want them removed all together. the fact that they are annoying is a good thing because they are now a real threat, remember this is supposed to be a zombie survival game as much as people want it to be call of duty it isnt

They still run through walls, I dont know what non-magic zombies youve been playing with. 

And they still run through floors and stairs. 

And they still see you through walls.

Have you played sense .47 stable? They path find now. You can lock them in rooms and I have not seen any run through walls. They shouldn't anyways. Also I have locked them in rooms you can do this now.

Edited by CJFlint

you make it sound like you want them removed all together. the fact that they are annoying is a good thing because they are now a real threat, remember this is supposed to be a zombie survival game as much as people want it to be call of duty it isnt

Honestly 90 % the reason I am complaining Is because I exp the melee bug were you aim and swing your axe, and nothing happens. If they could just fix that, I will consider the zombies less annoying and not worth complaining about. Because right now I don't even want to encounter them because I can't always rely on my fire axe. It has zero to do with player skill, its a bug. In the .47 stable patch melee has been really sketchy. It is so bad that I decided to put them game down until I see it fixed it a quick fix or patch. 

Edited by CJFlint

Have you played sense .47 stable? They path find now. You can lock them in rooms and I have not seen any run through walls. They shouldn't anyways. Also I have locked them in rooms you can do this now.

Dude, what? Ummm, you are wrong. Monkey crawler zombies fly through walls all the time still, as well as hit you through walls. The very first walking zombie I enountered still fell through the stairs when he tried to follow me. The zeds are still horribly, laughably broken.

Whatever they did for the lat 8 months on zombies is embarrassing. They should never have admitted that they have been working on it. Im really worried about the game now.

• Like 4

Dude, what? Ummm, you are wrong. Monkey crawler zombies fly through walls all the time still, as well as hit you through walls. The very first walking zombie I enountered still fell through the stairs when he tried to follow me. The zeds are still horribly, laughably broken.

Whatever they did for the lat 8 months on zombies is embarrassing. They should never have admitted that they have been working on it. Im really worried about the game now.

I found that out last night. I was able to lock a couple of zombies in a room, a crawler seemed to be able to still go through the walls. I sadly I agree they really need to get them working correctly, they are pretty bad. Which means not going through walls or closed door. 

I think the biggest problem I have with dayZ is not experimental per say, its what they put out on stable. Experimental I expect to be buggy. Stable I expect to have minor bugs but be functional. This time around for the .47 I really had my hopes up, ,46 stable I played and enjoyed. I was expecting more features, items and cool new tents. But so far .47 I'm not to fond of. I pretty much to the point were I'm thinking of putting the game down and waiting, saving my avatar for a future patch. 90% has to due with the melee bug and the whole broken oped zombie weirdness. I find it really un fun to travel all over the map collecting items, to then be attacked by zombies and have stuff ruined. Not because I did not know deal with them, or play. But because I cant hit them like I normally can. I aim then swing and nothing. Then they hit back, followed by bleeding and gear ruined..Not fun....sorry 

Im the type of player that prefers game developers get it right the 1st time in regards to stable. If I have to wait wait a while fine. See DayZ SA nature is to be a really unforgiving perma death game. I expect that. But when there's bugs that cause you to die or or screw up your avatar, they are far more notice able then say a game that it more forgiving game. So they have to get that stuff ironed out before its put on stable. This melee crap reminds me of the whole ladder death bug issue dayz sa had a few months back. I am optimistic and know that there are many patches to come....we will see. 

Edited by CJFlint

is it more zombies now? i realy like it! but i dont like the respawn time on them and the aggro, will they fix this? :)

At night the aggro is tolerable due to there poor vision with eye sight. Its the daytime stuff that needs to be tweaked more. But if your using loud weapons especially a shotgun i would expect them to come running out of every part of the town to get to you. They get even more numerous in .48, I can only hope they start increasing the numbers more.

I really don't think stable is functional right now in terms of zeds. I killed four or five at Balota, tried shutting another two out while I quietly bandaged in the upstairs room, all working fine. Two minutes later, I have healthy bar again, etc, no zombie near me. Then my leg is broken, I am bleeding, I am dead. Instantaneous.

Probably hit through the floor. Or 'just Alpha'. Either way, 'functional' it ain't.

Even with the hit boxes shrunk and possibly off on zombies, they're still easy. Super easy. You can take on 6+ at a time and come out completely unscratched, you'll likely only get hit if there's a desync. If you disagree with what I'm saying here you've got bigger problems, either be sure to choose servers with lower ping or ask someone to demonstrate how to fight zombies via meelee properly. Shooting them is a waste of perfectly good ammo.