arvinzd

zombies should have attracted to player's voice

If only the zombies can hear and respond to human's voice and sound they made too

It would be freaking cool.i gonna like yelling while running to all the zombies in an area, just for distraction, so my injured friends can get outta the area,and go somewhere else safe.

What i mean human's voice is, when we talk through the mic, in certain distance, zombie should have respond it, and chasing us. But till now, the zombies Can't

I have try and do an experiment to test this first before posting.

And it's confirmed zombie didn't respond to my voice and the bag noise and the step i made.

1st try :

I was yelling through my mic,behind all the zombies like 3-10 metres distance from The zombie i encountered, they didn't respond and didn't go aggroing

2nd try:

I crouching while going upstair outside , a barn/construction building, i'm not sure.

That stair is made by steel, i can hear

clearly that the steel step i made, and behind the corner, (4-7 metres) distance. There's a zombie.

The zombie didn't respond too

In some case,not always

Zombie didn't react to gunshot too,

Zombies which is the main thing in dayz, they should have been had consistent and realistic behaviour reaction

I think zombie should hear this,

And hunt down the sound sources ,

They must have been react slow first but gradually gaining speed as the zombies getting nearby the sound sources till they finally sure it's a living human/animals then go aggro.

Please vote and comment if you like

Edited by arvinzd

Agreed.

I would also like zombies to be attracted to gunshots and vehicle noises over long distances, perhaps they will start walking towards it?

Imagine being in electro, and shooting a guy or whatever, only to find out the entire towns "population" is slowly heading towards your location, because of this.

Same as worn out except make sure when the farther away it is then the slower they are!

Agreed.

I would also like zombies to be attracted to gunshots and vehicle noises over long distances, perhaps they will start walking towards it?

Imagine being in electro, and shooting a guy or whatever, only to find out the entire towns "population" is slowly heading towards your location, because of this.

1+ adding it to op

Same as worn out except make sure when the farther away it is then the slower they are!

1+ I'm adding this too to op

Edited by arvinzd

They already do. But it doesn't matter because 99% of the players in this game are assholes using TeamCheat or Skype anyway.

They already do. But it doesn't matter because 99% of the players in this game are assholes using TeamCheat or Skype anyway.

Well, we've used Teamspeak for years. If Bohemia wanted for people to have added realism they should integrate the client into the game. Give everyone a walkie-talkie, make it take up a permanent inventory slot if you tell the game you've got teamspeak running. Or auto-detect teamspeak for all I care.

We don't care that you can hear what we say, we just don't think the built-in VOIP is any good but for short bouts of communication with random players.

Anyhow, the whole Teamspeak hatred is kind of 1998. Mebbe step into the future a little? A witty-bitty? Leab teh ponies?

Well, we've *cheated for years.

Fixed that for you

Fixed that for you

LOL exactly,

I don't use teamspeak or skype

Or anything like it

All guys i've ever played with,never,even one, chat using any other, program beside the dayz it self,

I used my mic and conversation skill to communicate with people, tactically and intelligently.

This makes little things like walkie talkie is so,so,so exclusive,and binoculars too, make life and death difference.

i played alone and litteraly have 2 walkie-talkie and 2 compass,just in case i met someone friendly/play with real friends in my backpack ,

for guidance ( i even barely have space for food and drinks now)

I wonder why they still using teamspeak/or whatever it is, it breaks immersion.

But i do support him for walkie-talkie being our starting items each spawn,it could reduce "cheater" teamspeak a lot.

However,only if walkie-talkie at 1 time at the future updates can be put on panta.and shirt/vest,so we can still do everything and still communicating through walkie-talkie

With the tense of being heard by zombies

I JUST REALIZED AGAIN THAT DAYZ IS SIMPLY,

SIMPLY THE BEST ENDLESS GAME EVER

• Like 1

I agree - voices should attract zombies as well. I think the distance should be above footsteps and far below gunshot range.

Edit: TS/Skype-Cheating will never get fixed. If they would add some restrictions there would always be players who will find a way around it so it just increases their advantage. So we should just deal with the fact that some survivors are psychic - maybe its how the zombie-virus changed them?

Edited by Evil Minion

Second part of this post by Rocket on Reddit.

They will be attracted to sound, VON, clothing colour etc. Some of this may be already in game but Zeds are still a bit broken and I can't wait until the Zed AI is actually working correctly.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2c6b1t/cr527_another_useless_weapon/cjchd6d

Fixed that for you

Thanks!

LOL exactly,

I don't use teamspeak or skype

Or anything like it

All guys i've ever played with,never,even one, chat using any other, program beside the dayz it self,

I used my mic and conversation skill to communicate with people, tactically and intelligently.

dit: TS/Skype-Cheating will never get fixed. If they would add some restrictions there would always be players who will find a way around it so it just increases their advantage. So we should just deal with the fact that some survivors are psychic - maybe its how the zombie-virus changed them?

lol.

You guys! I are amused.

Oh well, guess you can do nothing but rage when we flank you and you go all like "BUT WE COULDNT LISTEN IN ON THE HUR-DUR CONVERSATIONS CHEATUUUURRZZZ!!" 'cause in real-life, the enemy can ALWAYS listen in on conversations. No one ever heard of signals, non-verbal communication, encryption, whispering ... THAT IS ALL MAKE BELIEVE UNLIKE MLP!

-snip-

3rd party applications are the cancer of survival games like DayZ. It has radios/walkie-talkies, you just don't start with them. If that's too difficulty, you're playing the wrong game.

So all these TS purists ... how do you play with friends? Just join the same server, yelling "ARE YOU BOB? BOB IS THAT YOU?" whenever you run into someone?

I sure hope you don't send a steam message saying "I'm in Elektro" or such, or you'll be big bad cheaters yourself!

Anyhow, be as purist as you will - if the voice quality in-game got all the way up to half as good as team speaks, I'd still not use it exclusively.

Shit, if we had broadcast everything that goes on in our TS channel, we'd all have been banned years ago. From this and a whole lot of other games.

So all these TS purists ... how do you play with friends? Just join the same server, yelling "ARE YOU BOB? BOB IS THAT YOU?"whenever you see a person?

Lol

that's exactly what we did

I sure hope you don't send a steam message saying "I'm in Elektro" or such, or you'll be big bad cheaters yourself!

We only use the steam message, only and only to meet up,

After that we communicate by talking in-game through mic not 3rd party application

With the current player and loot spawning system not so reliable and convenient yet , and with walkie-talkie not being a starting items,we purist need to message too ONLY JUST TO MEET UP

We will keep doing this till

Spawning systems refined,we will be able to spawn with friends directly in the same area.

(it was mentioned in dean hall roadmap

U no believe??? See this photo link)

http://i.imgur.com/THSkuKfh.jpg

And till walkie-talkie become Starting item like flashlight

COME ON YOU PSYCHIC "CHEATER"

This is real life simulator

Plus zombie

Minus telephone

Minus internet

Minus electricity

But the real problem is

IN REAL LIFE THERE ARE PSYCHIC

I will make another thread for all things. That can be improved in walkie-talkie gameplay

And of course,the "psychic" things

And psychic too in dayz

Didn't get it?

We only use the steam message, only and only to meet up,

After that we communicate by talking in-game through mic not 3rd party application

With the current player and loot spawning system not so reliable and convenient yet , and with walkie-talkie not being a starting items,we purist need to message too ONLY JUST TO MEET UP

So you use third party communication to convey information that the game would not have allowed you to convey. Information that gives you an advantage. We use third party communication to convey information that the game would not have allowed us to convey. Information that gives us and advantage. Cut to the bone and it's exactly the same concept.

I'd sort of respect it if you ONLY used the info you got through steam friends to join the same server. The way you describe is akin to what we do however - you use third party communication to communicate until you're within voice range and the game can take over and give you the same options of communicating as team speakers. Not arguing it's the same, I'm just arguing that your self-conception as a purist might be slightly flawed.

Sure other people can hear you - great disadvantage of your system. Great disadvantage of our system is that some asshat will be singing the french national anthem on TS while I'm trying to figure out if those were really footsteps. You won't believe the unrelated shit that comes out of the mouth of these people. And ... well ... me as well.

Anyhow, just a small clarification: I'm not arguing everyone should do what we do or what you do or whatever. But I've played MP games primarily to socialize since the 90es. No amount of purists and people calling team speak a 'cheat' will make me travel 15 years back in time to Dark Age of Camelot and typingreallyfcukingfast. It was fun, but it was then.

Blabla brainfart blabla

This was also in the link you gave!

7RhNqvY.jpg

HOW IS THAT NOTE CUTE? Seriously. The picture you showed us wasn't even related to voice communication so I figured this totally unrelated picture would be totally suitable for the nonsuitable purpose which you suited it for.

COME ON YOU PSYCHIC "CHEATER"

This is real life simulator

Plus zombie

Minus telephone

Minus internet

Minus electricity

But the real problem is

IN REAL LIFE THERE ARE PSYCHIC

'cause in real-life, the enemy can ALWAYS listen in on conversations. No one ever heard of signals, non-verbal communication, encryption, whispering

That is exactly why i want to make new thread troller -_-

So you use third party communication to convey information that the game would not have allowed you to convey. Information that gives you an advantage. We use third party communication to convey information that the game would not have allowed us to convey. Information that gives us and advantage. Cut to the bone and it's exactly the same concept.

I'd sort of respect it if you ONLY used the info you got through steam friends to join the same server. The way you describe is akin to what we do however - you use third party communication to communicate until you're within voice range and the game can take over and give you the same options of communicating as team speakers. Not arguing it's the same, I'm just arguing that your self-conception as a purist might be slightly flawed.

Sure other people can hear you - great disadvantage of your system. Great disadvantage of our system is that some asshat will be singing the french national anthem on TS while I'm trying to figure out if those were really footsteps. You won't believe the unrelated shit that comes out of the mouth of these people. And ... well ... me as well.

Anyhow, just a small clarification: I'm not arguing everyone should do what we do or what you do or whatever. But I've played MP games primarily to socialize since the 90es. No amount of purists and people calling team speak a 'cheat' will make me travel 15 years back in time to Dark Age of Camelot and typingreallyfcukingfast. It was fun, but it was then.

Firstly,i apologize i used the 3rd application right now, i just want to met up friends. Cause there's no fucking way, i gonna met up my "first time ever played dayz" friend without it,it's still even hard to do with it

, i'm not an antisocial geek who got erection by exploring dayz, im not that purist man,i want to enjoy too with my friends

But i want to keep dayz as immersive as possible, cause that dayz is all about,immersion.

What is even point to have walkie-talkie in this game then?? If you don't like it, then be dayzdev guest to debate with

We do steam messaging, just for temporarily solution man,EMERGENCY

(note that we didn't even use the voice chat on steam chat,only said "where r u?", "im in cherno" DONE, if we met,then we have to temporarily split, no matter how long we split, we won't use the steam message again, cause i already setting up meeting point, when talking, before we split(me And my friends)

We won't need 3rd application anymore

If the the new spawning system, based on dean roadmap which is the link i gave earlier

And

If only there's a walkie-talkie as starting item,or make walkie-talkie more lootable in terms of quantity in dayz.

This is based on idea, I UNDERSTAND.

I Will definitely make new thread about this, cause this has been too much out of context

We all do aggree zombies needs to be more sounds responsive, aren't we?

This was also in the link you gave!

7RhNqvY.jpg

HOW IS THAT NOTE CUTE? Seriously. The picture you showed us wasn't even related to voice communication so I figured this totally unrelated picture would be totally suitable for the nonsuitable purpose which you suited it for.

It's totally unrelated???!!

You can't see the logic, can you troller?

You did't read good, did you???

Oh my god,can you understand?, in one day

after this spawning system introduced along with the update, this year(based on dean roadmap which is the f***ing link i gave earlier, )

, i won't using steam message to meet up person anymore,cause because the information that slideshow gave,and after my idea of improved walkie-talkie gameplay implemented (walkie-talkie become Starting items,introducing radio,ability to put walkie-talkie on shirt, so we can communicate while still in the game, realistically.

(this is why,i already said, i gonna make new suggestion thread about this walkie-talkie thing, and other things, troller)

This topic has been too much derailed because of you asshole

With the link i gave,i gave you the idea, that, we will be able to spawn together without needing 3rd apps to message each other to meet up

GET IT?????

Please think and read carefully before posting

PEACE

Edited by arvinzd

You did't read it all aren't you???

You didn't see the logic aren't you troller?

Sir, I can assure that I'm not a troller!

No, I did not see the logic! That is exactly why I posted, actually. I see how what you do is harder, but I think I argue fairly concisely and comprehensibly that there are undeniable similarities between what you do and what we do.

Firstly,i apologize i used the 3rd application right now j,ust to met up friends. Cause there's no fucking way, i gonna met up my "first time ever played dayz" friend without it,it's still even hard to do

1) I never asked for your apology. Personally I don't think you have anything to apologize for in terms of game play.

2) I realize it's hard to do. Been there, done that. But it ties into the whole "DayZ psychic" argument? Psychics exist when things are hard enough? On a quasi-related note I'll go watch Starship Troopers now.

, i'm not an antisocial geek who got erection by exploring dayz, im not that purist man,i want to enjoy too with my friends

Never called you an anti-social geek. I said that "I play multiplayer games to be social". I can assure you that it's correct!

Team Speak has a hell of a lot better sound quality. And I would rather spend two hours talking to the guys over that than I'd spend 1 hour reading steam messages and 1 hour listening to chat in worse sound quality. And fortunately that's my choice.

But i want to keep dayz as immersive as possible

We do steam messaging is just for temporarily solution man,EMERGENCY

Again, emergencies make people psychic?

If only there's a walkie-talkie as starting item.

Don't you understand the words "till"???!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

It appears twice in your initial post (which, I assume, is why 'words' is plural) and I do believe I understand it in both contexts, Sir!

Oh my god,can you understand?, in one day

after this spawning system introduced along with the update, this year(based on dean roadmap,the f***ing link i gave earlier, )

, i won't using steam message to meet up person anymore and with the improved walkie-talkie gameplay(becoming starting items and able to put walkie-talkie inclothes,so we can communicate on the fly)

(this is why,i already said, i gonna make new suggestion thread about this walkie-talkie thing, and other things. troller)

That is great for you. I do understand: You won't use steam chat when the walkies and so forth. You plan to save 25 condors each week next year, so you can enjoy your condor omelet now. Me, I argue that they're chicken eggs, so there's really nothing wrong with eating them.

With the link i gave,i gave you the idea, that, we will be able to spawn together without needing 3rd apps to message each other to meet up

Pleaae think and read carefully before posting

PEACE

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I have no idea why you got so angry that I said you were not a purist. You might want to consider think and WRITE before posting.

Edit: Failglish-

Edited by LeeVanSpliff

I love these pointless threads about things that are already in the works and containing huge "you're a troll" sections.  Really entertaining to read :D

On topic:  love the idea, but I have to say that it's so incredibly obvious that I assume the devs are going to implement it without the suggestion.

• Like 1

Sir, I can assure that I'm not a troller!

No, I did not see the logic! That is exactly why I posted, actually. I see how what you do is harder, but I think I argue fairly concisely and comprehensibly that there are undeniable similarities between what you do and what we do.

1) I never asked for your apology. Personally I don't think you have anything to apologize for in terms of game play.

2) I realize it's hard to do. Been there, done that. But it ties into the whole "DayZ psychic" argument? Psychics exist when things are hard enough? On a quasi-related note I'll go watch Starship Troopers now.

Never called you an anti-social geek. I said that "I play multiplayer games to be social". I can assure you that it's correct!

Team Speak has a hell of a lot better sound quality. And I would rather spend two hours talking to the guys over that than I'd spend 1 hour reading steam messages and 1 hour listening to chat in worse sound quality. And fortunately that's my choice.

Again, emergencies make people psychic?

It appears twice in your initial post (which, I assume, is why 'words' is plural) and I do believe I understand it in both contexts, Sir!

That is great for you. I do understand: You won't use steam chat when the walkies and so forth. You plan to save 25 condors each week next year, so you can enjoy your condor omelet now. Me, I argue that they're chicken eggs, so there's really nothing wrong with eating them.

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I have no idea why you got so angry that I said you were not a purist. You might want to consider think and WRITE before posting.

Edit: Failglish-

A

I was talking to

other guy king raptor on the second part, you stupid f***,stubborn as fuck

No understanding, can't read situation,

,zero symphaty and emphaty,

You Just can't understand it

Stubborn Brick-head

Brick-head

That's why i double mentioned things, 2 quotes from 2 guys,for different personm oh my god,i wasn't angry too you

i was angry too the other guy,now you're officially the most dick-headed person i've ever know in this forum

I don't understand this.

the paragraph after 2nd quote even doesn't mean from him, BUT RESPOND

Keep talking about nonsense psychic,omelets,condors,Starship trooperr?!!?!?

Out of context?? You are the one who talking nonsense

If you only use teamspeak only to meet up friends,it's perfectly fine for me and other people who played it immersive.

What i don't like from teamspeak user is

-No sense of equality(to all teamspeak user)

If you use it, you will

- communicate too easily and

, and the range of talking sound won't be a matter to you anymore, flanking people like bandits.while others who play it alone,got a major disadvantage.

It's how some people use it on youtube.

I do understand because

Walkie-talkie now isn't practical enough for the majority of dayz player

,cause currently the system in dayz doesn't promote to easily play with friends.

Maybe i'm a geek maybe i'm not a puristand thats completely okay but definitely not an antisocial and prefer 100% play with friend(immersively communicate)

it's boring a lot just doing things by yourself.

I used the "apologize" word just to ease up,just trying to be good to people

Just because i used all the curse word

,doesn't mean, i mean it a lot.

nope,you just misunderstood it

I didn't say you're a f***ing troller.

Till now.

Moderator,please

locked and merge this to already existing suggestion. I had enough with this guy

This has been too much derailed

Sometimes, you will met ignorant asshole like the guy above

Edited by arvinzd

you stupid f***,stubborn as fuck

Stubborn Brick-head

Brick-head

[...]

Keep talking about nonsense psychic,omelets,condors,Starship trooperr?!!?!?

Out of context?? You are the one who talking nonsense

[...]

Till now.

Hahahahaha! You do realize that you write "Please vote and comment if you like" in your original post?

And yes. Yes you did actually call me a troller. You did some creative editing of your own post half an hour after you posted it at 05:15 PM yesterday. I, however, had posted my reply about ten minutes before the editing. If you want to see what your post looked like before, please do read the text I quote.

And yes, I knew the "condor omelet" deal would be totally lost on you. You're not the only person on this forum though. You can't really demand that I dumb EVERYTHING down to where you get it.

If you can't handle contradiction, don't argue your point. And don't put "Please vote and comment" in your post if any comment makes you fly off the handle like that. For your own sake too, it can't be pleasant to be that angry about something that insignificant.

I'd advice you cut down on the swear words. It does nothing to offend me, and it makes you appear like a fool. Any actual point that you might have had is completely lost.

Anyhow, maybe you should have just kept your cool or something. No need to start calling names  arvinzd.

A
I was talking to
other guy king raptor on the second part, you stupid f***,stubborn as fuck

Stubborn Brick-head
Brick-head

That's why i double mentioned things, 2 quotes from 2 guys,for different personm oh my god,i wasn't angry too you
i was angry too the other guy,now you're officially the most dick-headed person i've ever know in this forum

Till now.