HeroAtDay BanditAtNight

[Be nice] How do you torture people in days?

i dont torture people, cause that shit is just plain retarded and a giant waste of time. i either kill people or stay hidden and let them pass by.

Edited by hellcat420

hmmm.  Should really go start collecting books, blue chemlights and whatever i can find to smear on my back.

This is the only way to torture people

hint: NSFW:

This is also the way I interact with most people, especially around prison blocks and high-risk loot locations in game.  Every time they still decide to try their luck despite my flagrant and persuasive dialogue.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

One time i was trying to force feed someone disinfectant.

I ended up drinking it myself and i just shot the guy cause he was laughing so hard.

This is why we cant have nice things

ahahaha you dun goofed

About a year or two ago in Florida there was a Haitian immigrant mother and her son that experienced a home invasion from a gang of thugs.  They raped the mom repeatedly, tortured both her and her son by pouring household chemicals in their eyes among beatings and whatnot, and crowned their "fun" by making the son sleep with his mom.  I believe the thugs were armed and were probably prepared to kill both of their victims based on the level of violence they had visited on them all during the invasion.  

Now I get that many of you are taking the stance that torturing victims in DayZ is just role play.  In your opinion, it is no different than Heath Ledger, a likely pacifist who wouldn't know a carbine from a long rifle in real life, playing the Joker, a mass murdering sociopath who delighted in torture and every other violent form of anti-social behavior.  I get that, and I can see that line of thinking winning out in people who think they are 100% role playing.  But the role itself does glorify the act, particularly when so many of you seem to defend it with the word "fun."  I dunno how you can see it from that angle.  The story above (real life, go google it up) and many many others doesn't hold any version of "fun" I find in this world, even if you filtered out the sexual assault angle.  Somehow it does in yours?  And if you boil it simply down to "just role playing bro, it ain't nothing" I would ask what are the odds you would role play the lead in Midnight Express, but in this game?  Or play the part of Warren Beatty in Deliverance, but in this game? (squeel boy, squeel!)  It would after all just be role playing.  The answer is probably none of you because it would not be "fun."  I know I wouldn't find it "fun," but I also don't find the idea of torturing someone digitally or otherwise "fun" either.  Please explain what is so "fun" about torture.

Torturing people in DayZ makes you a Haitian rapist.  It also glorifies torture and will lead to an increase of rape in Haiti.
I Haiti rapists.

I enjoy shooting people in computer games. I also run people over in cars.  I use objects designed for sex to kill.  I find creative ways to turn otherwise innocuous objects into blunt-force-trauma.  I am a pain alchemist.  Occasionally while in my million dollar aircraft I fly it into the ground or bomb friendly targets in green on green.  I build entire fortresses after collecting tiberium and pump out air/land/sea units, amass them in the centre of the field and then launch a biblical scale of nuclear weapons sure to decimate the world and leave it barren for eons.  I load up training maps and shoot the instructor.

I spent 3 hours in the basement of black mesa chasing scientists with a crow-bar through a maze of laser-trip claymores.

I strangle children for Adam.

I find it difficult to separate reality from fictional environments, even reading crime-drama pulp novels can send me into a bloodthirsty rampage. 

Every time a horror movie is on, I try to jump through my TV but for some reason i can never get through it.  How can they fit in there i wonder?  How I would like to run with Rambo through vietnam.  This must be what they mean when they talk about "hollywood magic" because my flat-screen is thinner than I am, there's no way they could fit all that stuff in there.  I have yet to find the singularity.

I also listen to Marolyn Manson music and watch South Park.  I also eat red meat on good Friday.

This makes me a sociopath and i must be stopped. Someone SWAT my house please, I can only get worse from here.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

I enjoy shooting people in computer games. I also run people over in cars.  I use objects designed for sex to kill.  I find creative ways to turn otherwise innocuous objects into blunt-force-trauma.  I am a pain alchemist.  Occasionally while in my million dollar aircraft I fly it into the ground or bomb friendly targets in green on green.  I build entire fortresses after collecting tiberium and pump out air/land/sea units, amass them in the centre of the field and then launch a biblical scale of nuclear weapons sure to decimate the world and leave it barren for eons.  I load up training maps and shoot the instructor.

I spent 3 hours in the basement of black mesa chasing scientists with a crow-bar through a maze of laser-trip claymores.

I strangle children for Adam.

I find it difficult to separate reality from fictional environments, even reading crime-drama pulp novels can send me into a bloodthirsty rampage. 

Every time a horror movie is on, I try to jump through my TV but for some reason i can never get through it.  How can they fit in there i wonder?  How I would like to run with Rambo through vietnam.  This must be what they mean when they talk about "hollywood magic" because my flat-screen is thinner than I am, there's no way they could fit all that stuff in there.  I have yet to find the singularity.

I also listen to Marolyn Manson music and watch South Park.  I also eat red meat on good Friday.

This makes me a sociopath and i must be stopped. Someone SWAT my house please, I can only get worse from here.

In most games you are nasty because you character is nasty... you pretend that you are that person, even if you not... in DayZ YOU choose to be a prick.. YOU personally...you don't pretending to be a different person... you being yourself. So... yeah... anyone that acts like an asshole in DayZ, is probably also an asshole in real life.

I do not torture and everybody who says he does it, just because it is possible, has some serious mental problems in my opinion. It is obvious that the torture in DayZ doesn't have or shouldn't have any impact on the other players psyche, but what we do defines our personality. And it is more obvious that such a thread would start a hot discussion.

the mirth in my post must have been overlooked. But we endeavour:

Do you shoot people in DayZ?  if you do, you are role-playing a person shooting people, and that means that YOU want to shoot people.  Even if you're a hardcore survivor, i really doubt that anyone here came to the game expecting a campfire simulator where everyone holds hands singing "koombayah my lord" while refrying beans in a pot.

/mirth

i think i broke the picture behind my window because i face palmed too hard.

They should use DayZ for criminal profiling tests it seems.  LOL social experiment game is socially experimental

Anyone else find it ironic that Zombie Milkman's avatar is a sadistic asshole torturer?  Voyeurs are cool! 

This shit is sinking dangerously off topic, like the rest of the threads :S

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

Do you shoot people in DayZ?  if you do, you are role-playing a person shooting people, and that means that YOU want to shoot people.  Even if you're a hardcore survivor, i really doubt that anyone here came to the game expecting a campfire simulator where everyone holds hands singing "koombayah my lord" while refrying beans in a pot.

/mirth

They should use DayZ for criminal profiling tests it seems.  LOL social experiment game is socially experimental

Anyone else find it ironic that Zombie Milkman's avatar is a sadistic asshole torturer?  Voyeurs are cool! 

I see DayZ as putting a mask on and going to party...with the Mask you can "act" differently and be whatever you want, but beneath the mask still is YOU.

who then are you in this world where you can do anything within the scope of the program?

Personally i move around shooting just about anything on two legs.

Occasionally i torture people if i can get them, because i feel i should be rewarded for succeeding in such a difficult challenge as taking someone alive without me having to kill them because they don't obey.

But I'm probably just an asshole at heart.

:3

If it makes you feel any better i didn't enjoy the airport scene in CoD:MW2, but i made sure i got each and every one of them!

Edited by q.S Sachiel

who then are you in this world where you can do anything within the scope of the program?

I guess the point is...DayZ isn't a social experiment, is a "fancy dress party" experiment.

Where you are what you dress. ;)

But in the end of the day, you still are what "you" choose to be....Maybe the internet is just the place where you "true colors" shows more.

Edited by Cpanther

HeroAtDay BanditAtNight, on 01 Aug 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

How do you guys do it aside from feeding disinfect and rotten food?

For me if there was a guy trying to kill me, I would shoot his legs and break it. After breaking it i would steal his stuffs, and do to the nearest tree and craft a splint. After that I would tell him to go to where I've place the splint. This gives me enough time to run away and give him a chance to move again.

So how do you guys torture people?

I make them read stupid topics like this one on the forum.

I make them read stupid topics like this one on the forum.

you should be locked up ya filthy animal

Do you shoot people in DayZ? if you do, you are role-playing a person shooting people, and that means that YOU want to shoot people. Even if you're a hardcore survivor, i really doubt that anyone here came to the game expecting a campfire simulator where everyone holds hands singing "koombayah my lord" while refrying beans in a pot.

/mirth

They should use DayZ for criminal profiling tests it seems. LOL social experiment game is socially experimental

Anyone else find it ironic that Zombie Milkman's avatar is a sadistic asshole torturer? Voyeurs are cool!

You get the ring for finding the irony. I thought was obvious, but apparently not to many. There is a much broader spectrum of acceptance for the other joys from the game that involve what would be anti social behavior, but many draw a line they won't cross on this particular topic. As I asked before, where is the fun in torturing someone in a game? I see much deflection in response to my question, and it looks like some posts got whacked between then and now likely with much indignation involved, which is ironic in itself. But my question remains and it is an honest question.

Where is this fun I keep reading about in this topic?

"fun" is pretty subjective..

i think it would be hilarious to either witness, orchestrate or be part of any of the situations mentioned in this thread. you don't? cool beans

it's OK to not like certain aspects.  Just the same as how certain members of the forums are heavy anti-kos and others look down on pure-survivalists.

If you don't 'get it' then it's probably much like trying to explain colour to a blind person.

That said, there is a degree of challenge in taking a person alive, particularly if they're not frenchy legs up in the air at first sign of trouble type.

As it's essentially a type of griefing though i guess you'd probably have more people doing it purely for the sake of irking the other player.  That said KoS is a similar tactic, and again, people rarely allow themselves to be put into a situation where they've lost control.  Most run or fight you for the sake of it.

Only once did I lay down for a man.  He handcuffed me and checked out my stuff.  Not sure if he took anything, but he actually gave me ammunition, told me to piss off out of Berry and that it was his (ak pointed at my face) and let me go.  I could argue that it was torture as i didn't know if he was going to off me or otherwise, but i enjoyed the experience as a whole, it being new, even from the perspective of the 'victim'.

"fun" is pretty subjective..

i think it would be hilarious to either witness, orchestrate or be part of any of the situations mentioned in this thread. you don't? cool beans

Very true about "fun."  It is a subjective term.   I just don't get the torture thing which is why I asked.  I threw the real life story up there (there are an insane number of these which is a sad fact) to try and juxtapose some of the fun talk, or the role play suggestions, and to breath some reality into the discussion.  It is easy to discuss say bombing a few thousand people from 5 miles up over a coffee, but an entirely different thing if you do so with an actual survivor in the room, if you know what I mean.

it's OK to not like certain aspects.  Just the same as how certain members of the forums are heavy anti-kos and others look down on pure-survivalists.

If you don't 'get it' then it's probably much like trying to explain colour to a blind person.

That said, there is a degree of challenge in taking a person alive, particularly if they're not frenchy legs up in the air at first sign of trouble type.

As it's essentially a type of griefing though i guess you'd probably have more people doing it purely for the sake of irking the other player.  That said KoS is a similar tactic, and again, people rarely allow themselves to be put into a situation where they've lost control.  Most run or fight you for the sake of it.

Only once did I lay down for a man.  He handcuffed me and checked out my stuff.  Not sure if he took anything, but he actually gave me ammunition, told me to piss off out of Berry and that it was his (ak pointed at my face) and let me go.  I could argue that it was torture as i didn't know if he was going to off me or otherwise, but i enjoyed the experience as a whole, it being new, even from the perspective of the 'victim'.

I only gave up once myself. but that was in the beginning when I found it interesting to see what would happen.  It turned out to be relatively nice demi-bandits who let me go with more gear than I had in the beginning.  After reading these forums I know I was lucky though, so just like in real life I would fight till the end now.

The one thing that bugs me is the concept of a 15 year old torturing a 10 year old who gets his hand on the game and we both know it happens.  10 Year olds may have a harder time separating out game vs. reality.  Mommy & Daddy's fault for sure, but still, it sucks as a situation when it is foreseeable.

Edited by Zombie Milkman

yeah i get what people are saying for the most part, but in just about every mature game out there you chew through people like bubblegum.

Also one of the great advantages of this being a game is that if you don't like how it's going you can always just log out at any time (sacrificing your gear but like they're gonna let you go in that situation).

• Like 1

sab0t, on 11 Sept 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

you should be locked up ya filthy animal

I know. I am a cruel and horrible person and no quarter should be given.

That being said topics like this annoy me. The whole "it is just a video game" argument doesn't do it for me. Torture is torture. Should DayZ add a way to commit rape too since it is just a game? Should someone create a MMO set in WW2 and you can chose to be a German guard at a Extermination Camp? It is just a game you know.

That being said topics like this annoy me. The whole "it is just a video game" argument doesn't do it for me. Torture is torture. Should DayZ add a way to commit rape too since it is just a game? Should someone create a MMO set in WW2 and you can chose to be a German guard at a Extermination Camp? It is just a game you know.

every now and then they come pretty close. CoD MW2 had that airport level where you could choose to shoot into massive crowds of people with a belt fed. and i gotta say, i went 'til i ran out of ammo.

Morality and video games is a tricky one.. but the more "realistic" video games are becoming, the more people are noticing the morality complications.. years ago the word "feminist" didn't even existed in the internet... this days make a game will half of a boob showing, and you will hear "Sexist pig" every 5 minutes.

Edited by Cpanther

sab0t, on 12 Sept 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

every now and then they come pretty close. CoD MW2 had that airport level where you could choose to shoot into massive crowds of people with a belt fed. and i gotta say, i went 'til i ran out of ammo.

That is pretty sad, but also different. You were shooting at a random computer created façade. When you are torturing or raping or whatever in DayZ you are doing it to basically the avatar/character/whatever of another living person another player who is then the helpless target.

Yeah, I do not need that level of "realism" in my game thank you.