HeroAtDay BanditAtNight

[Be nice] How do you torture people in days?

The two times I'd been cuffed and 'tortured' I made a game out of it.

I can be pretty chatty over direct communication. So when some pimple faced mouth-breathing nerd decided to handcuff me, I tend to act like I enjoy it. Ridiculing them the whole time. The second time, my captor got super pissed. hehe. The first time, guy didn't want to deal and just shot me right away. Both victories in my eyes.

No amount of gear is ever worth putting up with torture nonsense.

• Like 1

every now and then they come pretty close. CoD MW2 had that airport level where you could choose to shoot into massive crowds of people with a belt fed. and i gotta say, i went 'til i ran out of ammo.

Way different in my eyes.  The movie industry (closest industry to video gaming that I can think of) draws a line in the sand over violence to kids, yet Bio got in trouble for it.  IDK, some behavior shouldn't be encouraged on any level. IMO of course.

Morality and video games is a tricky one.. but the more "realistic" video games are becoming, the more people are noticing the morality complications.. years ago the word "feminist" didn't even existed in the internet... this days make a game will half of a boob showing, and you will hear "Sexist pig" every 5 minutes.

I love feminists.  They are dirtier than average in bed. :lol:

That is pretty sad, but also different. You were shooting at a random computer created façade. When you are torturing or raping or whatever in DayZ you are doing it to basically the avatar/character/whatever of another living person another player who is then the helpless target.  Yeah, I do not need that level of "realism" in my game thank you.

+1.  I wonder if Bohemia had this whole torture thing pop up as an unintended sideshow or not, but allowing it to persist seems like a poor legal choice... and possible marketing decision?