HeroAtDay BanditAtNight

How many ammo do you carry?

Whatever I find, usually a handful of bullets for guns I don't even have.

40 - 60 rounds of SKS ammo, along with maybe 20 shotgun shells. Why anybody would need to carry half a dozen full ammo crates is beyond me.

• Like 1

I carry 3 stripper clips +1 in sks, and an ammo box with 200 (10x20) 7.62x39.

If use use an AKM mag can I get 30 stacks of 7.62?

Edited by escobert

I am basically turning this game into a ammo collecting simulator. I got a new larger jacket last night, I think it was 12 slots rather than 8, guess what I then did? Filled it with more ammo. I have ammo for every kind of gun I think, I just never want to throw any away. I have loads of rifle lead, lots of 9mm, loads of another handgun (ACM?), and ive recently picked up 3 drums of 75 AKM and last night I got two 30 clip AKM mags too. I recently dumped the M4 that I was carrying as I could never find any ammo for it, I also dumped the shotgun and a massive pile of shells because it just wasn't as effective as it should be as a weapon.

I see what you wanna do.....

Hot_Shots_Part_Deux_36761_Medium.jpg

Basically. Though I wish I could get coupled akm mags. Could carry more that way for the eventual 1v3+ I will find.

Had 10 coupled m4 mags from way back until my char got wiped a few days ago because of the server BS

Edited by hellcane

Basically. Though I wish I could get coupled akm mags. Could carry more that way for the eventual 1v3+ I will find.

Had 10 coupled m4 mags from way back until my char got wiped a few days ago because of the server BS

I've found some servers still have my character, others I respawn with a new guy every time I log in.

I've found some servers still have my character, others I respawn with a new guy every time I log in.

I tried, but he was gone for good.

I believe US East-58 I am able to use my chatacter

I usually carry 1 mag in my main and sidearm gun plus two extras for each in my pack. Then I usually have an ammo can filled with mostly primary ammo, sometimes more secondary if I'm shooting zeds. Sometimes I'll carry a bit of extra 7.62x51 if one of my group is using a Mosin.

As of now I have 220 5.56 rounds for my M4 (120 of that in mags), about 120 7.62 for the AKM that I'm running around with in my hands (and which I'm bound to lose pretty soon). I have about 100 rounds of 0.45 for my FNX (inc three mags), and about 60 for Amphibia (inc two mags).

I do maintain a 300 round box, as it just saves inventory space for this lot, plus I have some 7.62 x 51 if I want to trade with someone who has a Mosin. Not sure I'd bother with a second 300 box though. Willing to bet a substantial sum that I will die loooong before I run out of ammo... :huh:

I got an ak101, with like 7-magazines in inventory, and 1 magazine in the gun itself, and got about 180 AK101 ammo in my AMMO box.

Sounds like Call of Duty style, eh?

You people need to realize that there gets to a certain point where you're no long carrying ammunition for yourself...

...you're kindly collecting it for the next person that kills you.

When I have an ammo box, I carry one full stack of every caliber. I roll with a squad, I want to be able to help any of them out if needed.

With the remaining 3 slots, I keep an extra stack for my rifle, pistol and shotgun shells. Outside the case I keep a 12gauge speedloader and a backup stack for all 3.

Edited by Spartacus Rex

As previously mentioned, Clan KoSa tends to carry ALL the ammo. All Dayz Ammo Belong to Them apparently. Check out them mags. 

Skip to 7:40 to see us match the inventory to the name. Previous two kills logged before we could check the name and match it to inventory. 

Edited by Survive_the_Apoc

So I have 2 ammo boxes and one is filled with 22 lr and 762 39, the other is other pistol ammo and shotgun ammo. I was wondering should I throw away all my shotgun ammo for some more 22 lr as now I must kill zeds with the 22 lr silent pistol because melee doesn't work. So should I do it asi need ONE mag (10 rds) to kill a zed...

Wayyyyyyy too much ammo.

I've been carrying an AKM with a 75rd drum mag for weeks and so far I've only fired 5 rounds.  One round for each of the 5 animals I killed for food. 

Other than that, I use my axe.  Never shoot zombies.