aurora420

How do i find the server i was just on?

I was heading back to get my gear after i died, about a half hour into the trip the server crashed or restarted.  Ive been trying to find the one i was in but theres too many with the same title.  The history category does not seem to be correct to me unless im using it wrong,  are the most recent at the top or the bottom of the list?  Are there any programs or easier ways to find the server i was on?

Wasnt sure if this should go in new players or the servers section, my bad if its in the wrong place.

Any help is appreciated.

Ughh i just thought of something, i suppose when the server restarts or crashes(whatever it is it does) all my gear goes down the toilet?  Damn!

You have a choice of how to find out.

1 open the file labelled C:\Users\{YourName}\Documents\DayZ\{yourname}.DayZProfile and find the line > lastMPServerName=" the name will be here "

2 create a simple DOS batch file ( this has been mentioned before ) I dont recall where I got this from so I cannot give credit.

Copy this to a new text file and rename it DayZHistory.bat - dont forget to save the file before renaming it.

@echo offsetlocalset FileName=%HOMEDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DayZ\%USERNAME%.DayZProfileset FileTime="-":loopfor %%X in (%FileName%) do (    if %FileTime% NEQ "%%~tX" (        type %FileName% | find "lastMPServer"    )    set FileTime="%%~tX")rem wait 5 seconds before checking againTIMEOUT /T 5 >nul 2>nulgoto :loop

Run this after you get off the server will show where you were ( it looks in the file mentioned in option 1 )

Just double click the file DayZHistory.bat - i have it on my desktop so i can find it quickly

You can leave it running but for peace of mind close the DOS box after you find what you need.

One last thing - clicking PLAY in the start menu for DAYZ should put you back on the same server you were on if the server is running.

Edited by JohnDMarshall
  • Like 3

The history category does not seem to be correct to me unless im using it wrong,  are the most recent at the top or the bottom of the list? 

I think it is a little finicky, last time I looked it was at the bottom of the list.

Ughh i just thought of something, i suppose when the server restarts or crashes(whatever it is it does) all my gear goes down the toilet?  Damn!

No, you keep your gear after restarts. You're in luck.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread you, didn't see you had died. Gear doesn't survive restarts when not on a character yet.

Edited by Max Planck

1 open the file labelled C:\Users\{YourName}\Documents\DayZ\{yourname}.DayZProfile and find the line > lastMPServerName=" the name will be here "

2 create a simple DOS batch file ( this has been mentioned before ) I dont recall where I got this from so I cannot give credit.

Copy this to a new text file and rename it DayZHistory.bat - dont forget to save the file before renaming it.

@echo offsetlocalset FileName=%HOMEDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DayZ\%USERNAME%.DayZProfileset FileTime="-":loopfor %%X in (%FileName%) do (    if %FileTime% NEQ "%%~tX" (        type %FileName% | find "lastMPServer"    )    set FileTime="%%~tX")rem wait 5 seconds before checking againTIMEOUT /T 5 >nul 2>nulgoto :loop

Run this after you get off the server will show where you were ( it looks in the file mentioned in option 1 )

Just double click the file DayZHistory.bat - i have it on my desktop so i can find it quickly

You can leave it running but for peace of mind close the DOS box after you find what you need.

Thanks man, i appreciate that and for the quick reply.   Do you know if the gear will be there anymore? Im guessing not?

I just leave the file open in notepad++ and it automatically changes any time it updates. Another good thing is notepad++ remembers what files you had open last time you used it and will automatically reopen them on start.

It's actually the only thing I use notepad++ for.

Got back there and no gear :(  I guess the guy who killed me either took it all or it went bye bye when the server went down.  I was literally only 5 minutes away from the location when it went down to smh.  

Thanks for the help tho, that is much needed info i can use in the future.

Got back there and no gear :(  I guess the guy who killed me either took it all or it went bye bye when the server went down.  I was literally only 5 minutes away from the location when it went down to smh.  

Thanks for the help tho, that is much needed info i can use in the future.

Just for future reference, bodies only stay around for 10 mins or so unless they've changed it since I last played.

• Like 1

Your body would have only been there 10 minutes. Plus when the server restarts/resets everything is wiped. All bodies, all loot, etc. except for what you had on your person.

• Like 1

Unless you happen to spawn right next to your body, you'll never get your gear back.

That's kind of like one of the highlights of this game.