JT111

The new guns kinda suck

This isn't you're average shooter. They aren't looking for balance, some guns will just be better. It was like that in the mod, and it will probably stay that way. Once server loot quantity is implemented, you'll be finding a lot less AKM's and a lot more hunting rifles. So, get used to fighting clan wars with a hundred year old bolt action rifle, as you'll be hard pressed to find an assault rifle. Also, setting; you can't just add every gun you want to the game. There is lore, and it is following a backstory (it's a spinoff of ArmA 2, much like Joey is to Friends). Some guns don't fit the setting.

And the developers are planning on making survival aspects play a much larger role. Soon, you'll have to manage your health, hunger, thirst, and find medical supplies whilst avoiding contracting deadly diseases. And zombies will definitely be buffed at some point. So, you'll need to manage more than just your ammo.

I suggest you find a game better suited to your needs.

• Like 3

Where did you idiots get this idea from, that DayZ is supposed to be this survival game of your wet dreams? It always was first of all a PvP game and It always will be, cry me a fucking river, LOL. You are the ones who play the wrong game, not the OP or me.

The guns are realistic but when a well known bug is known like not being able to shoot someone and requires a relog, it shouldn't be put on stable branch, it should be looked at first being gonig to stable branch, there is a "stable" and "Expermnetal" servers for a reason.

Yes its Alpha but that is why servers have different type of server versons.

This isn't you're average shooter. They aren't looking for balance, some guns will just be better. It was like that in the mod, and it will probably stay that way. Once server loot quantity is implemented, you'll be finding a lot less AKM's and a lot more hunting rifles. So, get used to fighting clan wars with a hundred year old bolt action rifle, as you'll be hard pressed to find an assault rifle. Also, setting; you can't just add every gun you want to the game. There is lore, and it is following a backstory (it's a spinoff of ArmA 2, much like Joey is to Friends). Some guns don't fit the setting.

And the developers are planning on making survival aspects play a much larger role. Soon, you'll have to manage your health, hunger, thirst, and find medical supplies whilst avoiding contracting deadly diseases. And zombies will definitely be buffed at some point. So, you'll need to manage more than just your ammo.

I suggest you find a game better suited to your needs.

I don't mind using low and mid tier weapons i think there all pretty fun to an extent. But i WOULD like to see some kind of good sniper gun besides an SVD. Not M101 maybe but something decent none the less. That and i would like to see more AR brands TARs and crap like that you know.

Edited by Deathlove

Well the trolls have arrived....free entertainment. Who is the OP?....

Edited by CJFlint

This game has been first and foremost since day one a game of PVP, other players are your #1 biggest threat. Survival elements including eating/drinking and zombies have been secondary due to their low levels of threat. At no point did I ever request an RPG. All of these weapons are no different in performance and firepower than the AKM and the Mosin's already implemented in the game.

Just wait till game is closer to being finished and loot spawns adjusted.

Then, maybe, you will have hard time to find AKM or even SKS and you will consider yourself lucky finding CZ527 or such.

If you dislike civilian weapons then maybe Arma 3 might be your cup of tea.

Wonder how that thought that this is a "pvp game" will be when guns and ammo become really hard to acquire and every other aspect of the games difficulty is increased.

Theres a reason it seems that they constantly use the term "player interaction" when describing this game. When this game becomes difficult enough that shooting someone isnt the best option, possibly not even a option at all or one that would put you at a much bigger disadvantage since ammo wont be in surpluses like it is now. That it will likely lead you to quite a bit of infested chasing you. (I hope you dont miss your shot..) Having to interact with other players supposedly will become much more a need to actually survive in this game because of environment changes and the infested. Its in that time you have to come to deciding if that random person you will either trust or stab in the back, and hope they dont do it to you as well.

Im sure you will have clans and groups who go out specifically just to hunt people down still and will make survival easier.. It just wont be as easy as it is now. They also seem to be bad at hiding their stash most of the time :)

Personally im going to make a prediction here on future posts you will see when this game gets closer to full release from those who look just to pvp. You will see alot of post coming up along the lines of "why make so many guns in this game if its impossible to find them?"

Im a KoSer/bandit myself and im looking forward to when it actually becomes challenging to play that way.

Wonder how that thought that this is a "pvp game" will be when guns and ammo become really hard to acquire and every other aspect of the games difficulty is increased.

Theres a reason it seems that they constantly use the term "player interaction" when describing this game. When this game becomes difficult enough that shooting someone isnt the best option, possibly not even a option at all or one that would put you at a much bigger disadvantage since ammo wont be in surpluses like it is now. That it will likely lead you to quite a bit of infested chasing you. (I hope you dont miss your shot..) Having to interact with other players supposedly will become much more a need to actually survive in this game because of environment changes and the infested. Its in that time you have to come to deciding if that random person you will either trust or stab in the back, and hope they dont do it to you as well.

Im sure you will have clans and groups who go out specifically just to hunt people down still and will make survival easier.. It just wont be as easy as it is now. They also seem to be bad at hiding their stash most of the time :)

Personally im going to make a prediction here on future posts you will see when this game gets closer to full release from those who look just to pvp. You will see alot of post coming up along the lines of "why make so many guns in this game if its impossible to find them?"

Im a KoSer/bandit myself and im looking forward to when it actually becomes challenging to play that way.

You should start playing the new patch if you haven't already. Certain items are already becoming hard to find and zombies do start chasing more in groups now sometimes if your not careful.

You should start playing the new patch if you haven't already. Certain items are already becoming hard to find and zombies do start chasing more in groups now sometimes if your not careful.

Yeah I do sometimes. Mostly when new areas are put in to see what LoS is like in different spots and vantage points and what not. Havent messed as much with looking for gear but I did notices the zombies being upped some. Havent let them take a crack at me yet :P But they still planning the ones that will knock you down?

Trolly topic with trolly replies get trololololo-locked.

• Like 5