JT111

The new guns kinda suck

I wish they would add some better guns...these four new ones kinda suck.

AK101 = same as M4 but mostly useless since ammo is hard to find

CR 527 = a slow shooting SKS

Makarov = another less powerful P1 that no one will use (like the P1)

PM 73 RAK = Same as the MP5 but less powerfull, whats the point?

Where are the real guns, the FN FAL, HK G3, SVD Dragunov, Saiga 12 shotgun, Russian PKM or Pecheneg?

The ammo that the real FN and HK shoot are already in the game (7.62x51)...funny thing is there is no ammo in the game that the real Mosin shoots (7.62x54R).

Edited by JT111
  • Like 4

I think you are not playing the game that you want to play, this is not first person shooter, this is Post apocalyptic survival game, if you expect to see RPG's in game you are on the wrong place! Everyone talking about bugs, movement controls, persistant items, tents, and you want high end military weapons. :P

Edit: Maybe AS50?

Edited by serb8
  • Like 10

I agree you on the makarov part, dont think it will see much play. But other than that 

I think you are not playing the game that you want to play

• Like 1

This game has been first and foremost since day one a game of PVP, other players are your #1 biggest threat. Survival elements including eating/drinking and zombies have been secondary due to their low levels of threat. At no point did I ever request an RPG. All of these weapons are no different in performance and firepower than the AKM and the Mosin's already implemented in the game.

• Like 1

The new weapons are really only useless because zombies aren't even a threat. The whole point in having a gun in this game right now is to defend yourself from other human players, which are usually toting the most powerful weapons when you encounter them. So i can understand where you're coming from on the uselessness of the new guns. 

Hopefully in the future each gun will have a unique trait added to it that allows it to have some sort of practicality, such as the 9mm weapons having an abundance of ammo even though they're weak, etc.

• Like 1

Where are the real guns, the FN FAL, HK G3, SVD Dragunov, Saiga 12 shotgun, Russian PKM or Pecheneg?

The ammo that the real FN and HK shoot are already in the game (7.62x51)...funny thing is there is no ammo in the game that the real Mosin shoots (7.62x54R).

I've never really understood why people who want stuff like that added don't just go and play Arma.

• Like 2

I think you are not playing the game that you want to play, this is not first person shooter, this is Post apocalyptic survival game, if you expect to see RPG's in game you are on the wrong place! Everyone talking about bugs, movement controls, persistant items, tents, and you want high end military weapons. :P

Edit: Maybe AS50?

i love you

• Like 1

This game has been first and foremost since day one a game of PVP, other players are your #1 biggest threat. Survival elements including eating/drinking and zombies have been secondary due to their low levels of threat. At no point did I ever request an RPG. All of these weapons are no different in performance and firepower than the AKM and the Mosin's already implemented in the game.

than why do you want them if there the same as the as the akm and mosian when you say the ak 101 is the same as an m4 and is pointless? Just so im not wrong or viewing it wrong you say you want more guns bc the ones they added are to close to what we all rdy have, than you say and i "Quote" all of these weapons are no different in performance and firepower than the AKM and the Mosian already in the game"

• Like 2

Get used to it and start using them because at some point, that's all you're going to find

• Like 3

I've never really understood why people who want stuff like that added don't just go and play Arma.

Because DayZ is a different game than ArmA and I like the playstyle of DayZ better. The fact that my clan and the clans we battle are using DayZ differently than it was intended is the fault of the developers and their design decisions...they might as well accept the fact that their game has turned into a PVP MMO environment and embrace it.

• Like 2

Because DayZ is a different game than ArmA and I like the playstyle of DayZ better. The fact that my clan and the clans we battle are using DayZ differently than it was intended is the fault of the developers and their design decisions...they might as well accept the fact that their game has turned into a PVP MMO environment and embrace it.

You mean this incomplete ALPHA which is missing the actual features that make this a survival game?  

• Like 4

than why do you want them if there the same as the as the akm and mosian when you say the ak 101 is the same as an m4 and is pointless? Just so im not wrong or viewing it wrong you say you want more guns bc the ones they added are to close to what we all rdy have, than you say and i "Quote" all of these weapons are no different in performance and firepower than the AKM and the Mosian already in the game"

This

I wish they would add some better guns...these four new ones kinda suck.

AK101 = same as M4 but mostly useless since ammo is hard to find

CR 527 = a slow shooting SKS

Makarov = another less powerful P1 that no one will use (like the P1)

PM 73 RAK = Same as the MP5 but less powerfull, whats the point?

Just hop back to the mod m8. DayZ SA will be more to the survival aspect, not to make it the new battlefield or call of duty. It makes you to use mostly civilian weapons to fight for food and necessary supplies, not only to hunt people for funzies

I agree you on the makarov part, dont think it will see much play. But other than that

Won't see much use!? It's one of the most, if not the most, iconic weapon in dayz. I for one will be ditching my kitted FNX for the first empty makarov I find.

• Like 1

You mean this incomplete ALPHA which is missing the actual features that make this a survival game?  

ALPHER!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

than why do you want them if there the same...

Because I have an FN FAL at home and i like it...it would be very simple to model it and implement in the game....what is the purpose of adding less powerful weapons to the game...why do we need the .380 added at all? the majority of the players wont even bother picking that junk up. The game has limited amounts of spawn points and for the performance of the servers has limited amounts of items the game world can hold....why spawn more useless garbage.

Edited by JT111
  • Like 1

Oh...and while your at it include these weapons as well please......Russian AVS-36 or SVT-40 or the Czeck made CZ 805 BREN

Just hop back to the mod m8...

I will never go back to ArmA II or the old DayZ mod based on it....it was too craptastic. The inventory system was the worst of any game I've ever played.

I will never go back to ArmA II or the old DayZ mod based on it....it was too craptastic. The inventory system was the worst of any game I've ever played.

ARMA 3 seems to be more your fit.

I liked the inventory :o

• Like 3

...And you realize this incomplete Alpha will be an incomplete Alpha for the rest of it's existance, right?

• Like 1

ARMA 3 seems to be more your fit.

I have tried ArmA III and all of it's mods...sorry, im staying with DayZ SA and so is my clan.

...And you realize this incomplete Alpha will be an incomplete Alpha for the rest of it's existance, right?

I think that technically, you might be correct. When the game is no longer in alpha, the alpha will no longer exist, so yes, the incomplete alpha will always be an incomplete alpha, until it becomes a beta-because then the alpha doesn't exist.

• Like 2

I have tried ArmA III and all of it's mods...sorry, im staying with DayZ SA and so is my clan.

So what is your purpose here?  What brought you to DayZ?  Was it because it looks like the coolest army game ever?

• Like 2

I don't like this guy at all, poor first impressions sir. Second of all it is a survival game, back to what Caboose said on the previous page at some point it will be all you will find. I'm sure in a zombie apocalypse I would be thankful to just find a gun, not oh this gun is shit for killing other people why was it even made. Eventually if you start playing on a server with more than 5 players weapons will be harder to come by. But the jist of this thread was what? Stop making worse weapons because if you make stronger ones I can kill more people? That's what I got out of this.

• Like 3