Death By Crowbar

Things I immediately noticed about today's release...

Oh wow... and if you thought you could run up stairs and avoid zeds you're wrong. I'm assuming it's the navmesh kicking in, but every time I try to avoid zeds upstairs or on the roof of a hospital they find their way up. They don't do ladders though...

I also managed to get a bug where I couldn't swing meelee, happened right after I killed someone. That was a problem because I was dealing with a zed as well and I tried to flee the zed up some stairs (2 floors worth) in a hospital and it came up both flights after me. I ended up on the roof with a problem on my hands.

Since we started talking about gear, anyone knows where to find long range scopes?

Since we started talking about gear, anyone knows where to find long range scopes?

Some of the normal houses now carry them just gotta look. Its totally random though on luck.

• Like 1

Some of the normal houses now carry them just gotta look. Its totally random though on luck.

Meh I'll just stick to getting mine off dead guys ;D

garages were spawning them, well i searched 100 of them all around the map, maybe they changed spawns?

Edit: just found one, garage!

Edited by serb8

2. Meelee has changed a lot - you need to be a lot more accurate, you can't just swing wildly in the direction of your target.

3. Zeds seem to swarm a bit more and I'm noticing more hoppers now.

Noticed this as well. And while it feels a little bugged (zombies hitting you from 3m away and you sometimes can't hit them from 1m distance) I like it. Adds a little challenge that was lost on 0.45. Though they still die easily if you can hit them.

Zombie pathfinding seems a little sneaky though - once I was turning around seeing a zombie running right through a fence. Then it seemed to notice me watching so it started pretending not to have this power and walked around it.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 1

In 0.46 I mostly found them in these restaurant type houses. 

Those little wooden pub buildings with the veranda out the back and the "shed" room that's only accessible from the outside: I found an LRS and a 9mm pistol (can't remember the name) in one of them.

I just found one here

EZaZJVi.jpg

and i found a PSO-1 scope and a PU scope here

04toxgg.jpg

I'd love to see someone running with a knife in their boots...  ^_^

soldiers do it all the time its called a boot knife.

boot-knives.jpg

I just found one here

EZaZJVi.jpg

and i found a PSO-1 scope and a PU scope here

04toxgg.jpg

Man, is there any lower settings that the one you have? :)

Oh you can go waaaay lower, believe me.

• Like 1

I really didnt wanted to sound like an a*s, but damnnnnn....

Lol, wait, the added more hoppers? So they fix walking zombie collision, but not hoppers, and they added more hoppers. Ok, I give up.

• Like 1

I really didnt wanted to sound like an a*s, but damnnnnn....

didnt mean to but some how you managed it aye lol.

Lol, wait, the added more hoppers? So they fix walking zombie collision, but not hoppers, and they added more hoppers. Ok, I give up.

Good come back in  6 months for your good gaming experience and stop making polls on useless crap that would slow development even more because you want to play it NOW.

haha doing everything to get those frames up on my laptop  B) 

military boots take combat knives. I believe this isn't new.

relatively new, they've been on exp. for ages, but on stable is only recent

I was pleasantly surprised by the better zombie movements and hits. Yes you have to be more accurate but pleasantly, the zombies also have to be more accurate.

Unfortunately, i was excited about zombie collision and paths but the very first zed fell through the stairs when he tried to walk up the 2nd floor.

So maybe only first floor objects like walls stop them? Guess there is still a ton more work for that.

Edited by Zed's Dead

Don't forget that zombies spawn around you constantly and the whole game lags now (server lag, not FPS).

More sway on Mosin LRS than before - or maybe it's just me.

I decided it's really not worth using. At 400m your crosshair swings around in loops about 8 feet diameter on target (about half the side of a shed, or a bit more). This is when you are rested and crouched/sitting.

Anyone confirm .. maybe I'm having a bad day?

Yeah, I experienced the Mosin sway increase. But thought i'd Injected myself with mophene just to see if it made a difference. I think it did.

• Like 1

I decided it's really not worth using. At 400m your crosshair swings around in loops about 8 feet diameter on target (about half the side of a shed, or a bit more). This is when you are rested and crouched/sitting.

Yeah the new scope sway is ridiculously obscene. Even with a bipod laying prone, with the AKM at 500+ yards it's almost impossible to hit a STATIONARY ZOMBIE because your character seems to need to do this stupid figure-8 with his gun.

Needs to be addressed IMO

• Like 1

Military boots can't hold normal kitchen knives - boo.

Noticed this as well. And while it feels a little bugged (zombies hitting you from 3m away and you sometimes can't hit them from 1m distance) I like it. Adds a little challenge that was lost on 0.45. Though they still die easily if you can hit them.

Zombie pathfinding seems a little sneaky though - once I was turning around seeing a zombie running right through a fence. Then it seemed to notice me watching so it started pretending not to have this power and walked around it.

Don't forget that zombies spawn around you constantly and the whole game lags now (server lag, not FPS).

These! It went from seeing one or two zombies per town on anything but the big three to suddenly seeing twenty in one town last night. Half of them were hoppers and even when you weren't moving around they would show up out of nowhere. Lone wolfing in a town cost me way more gear than I wanted to give up and now I am concerned that I may not be able to enter towns without a lot of backup at all. With that said, I actually do like the feel of 'hordes' that you have to deal with. I wish they didn't randomly spawn and attack while you were stationary, but that is it's own issue. What I noticed last night was a town with multiple people in it and none of them wanted to shoot each other. Everyone was too busy taking out zombies and the idea that anyone might be there helping was too valuable to lose.

Some zombies still pass through things, but thankfully the ones who do usually do so because you closed a door and then can't come up through the floor anyway. I've had zombies stuck outside of walls that I could shoot through windows. I have had zombies stopped dead (pardon the pun) by doors and when I have forgotten to close a door, I have had them follow me up multiple flights of stairs. They don't seem to ever lose line of sight any more though and hound you relentlessly until shot no matter how much you weave through objects or how much distance is between you.

Yeah the new scope sway is ridiculously obscene. Even with a bipod laying prone, with the AKM at 500+ yards it's almost impossible to hit a STATIONARY ZOMBIE because your character seems to need to do this stupid figure-8 with his gun.

Needs to be addressed IMO

The scope sway has made sniping of anything other than a few motionless zombies all but impossible.It takes the patience of a saint to hit an unmoving target anywhere further than 200m and if you manage to hit a target on the move at 500 or more I am going to be convinced you have sold your soul just to improve your video game skill and luck. Still, works as a nice binocular at least.

• Like 1

I don't think its that bad, this is at a smidgeon over 400m:

And from my spotter:

Maybe try the morphene/splint thing see if it goes away. Solved the issue for me.