Chelseygunn

we need more distinctive characters!

but im sure it could bring more Ladies to the game ;) haha

I'm sold, get to work Hicks, Rocket or whoever does that stuff.

v5LsJOs.jpg

• Like 2

You realize that tanker helmets and the new body Armour server a purpose in the game, right?

You realize that more clothing options and hairstyles serve a purpose in the game, right? Namely the identification of individual survivors? Sure its not a priority thing because is basically just "adding more" but same goes for new weapons and body armor. Being recognisable can save your life just as much as protective clothing.

Thats what this topic is about - sadly you can't see it because you are busy taunting people with your nonsense posts.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 2

Lol.

You realize that tanker helmets and the new body Armour server a purpose in the game, right?

They reduce damage, and give you more space to hold items.

How the hell is that the same as changing your hair style?

It's the same because those things aren't bug fixes, we have plenty of items that add slots etc. they have teams working on big fixes and Separate teams working on items and little stuff ( based on what I've read) and it's the programmers that they need to implement them into the game that's the problem.

This isn't the first thread I've seen where the OP had a legitimate point and suggestion and you specifically feel the need to comment and basically tell them it's alpha yadaadayada, while at the same time being rude and unreasonable in your responses.

The devs have time and the ability to implement this eventually, and I definitely think it should be somewhat important. Specifically more important then paramedic uniforms in two different colors, and other vanity items. ( again not complaining, just making a point)

Please stop trying to suppress the community because you've dealt with one too many people complaining about the state of the game. Save the alpha defence for people who need to hear it and not people who just want to see things added for whatever reason.

Now MODS!!! We need this thread back on topic!!!!

You realize that more clothing options and hairstyles serve a purpose in the game, right? Namely the identification of individual survivors? Sure its not a priority thing because is basically just "adding more" but same goes for new weapons and body armor. Being recognisable can save your life just as much as protective clothing.

Thats what this topic is about - sadly you can't see it because you are busy taunting people with your nonsense posts.

There is 60 pieces of clothing. This includes glasses, hats, shirts, vests, pants...

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Clothing

You do the math on the number of possible combinations you can have, and subtract the number of max people in a server from that. Not to mention weapons. If you like to team up, you better get good at memorizing what people have on.

And i say again.

/thread

It's the same because those things aren't bug fixes, we have plenty of items that add slots etc. they have teams working on big fixes and Separate teams working on items and little stuff ( based on what I've read) and it's the programmers that they need to implement them into the game that's the problem.

This isn't the first thread I've seen where the OP had a legitimate point and suggestion and you specifically feel the need to comment and basically tell them it's alpha yadaadayada, while at the same time being rude and unreasonable in your responses.

The devs have time and the ability to implement this eventually, and I definitely think it should be somewhat important. Specifically more important then paramedic uniforms in two different colors, and other vanity items. ( again not complaining, just making a point)

Please stop trying to suppress the community because you've dealt with one too many people complaining about the state of the game. Save the alpha defence for people who need to hear it and not people who just want to see things added for whatever reason.

Now MODS!!! We need this thread back on topic!!!!

Lol

Suppress the community.

What community? Do you think the Devs are going to read a post saying. "PUT HAIRS IN GAME PLZ"

Like i said from the beginning. There will come a time when this is an actual issue with the game. We are still in Alpha stage, this is obviously not the time this is going to happen.

/thread

Lol

Suppress the community.

What community? Do you think the Devs are going to read a post saying. "PUT HAIRS IN GAME PLZ"

Like i said from the beginning. There will come a time when this is an actual issue with the game. We are still in Alpha stage, this is obviously not the time this is going to happen.

/thread

So your essentially saying 'no because this isn't as important as paramedic clothes, police hats, and other vanity items that are being added every patch'

Riiiiiiiiight....

If not now then when? Maybe they are already working on it, maybe they aren't, and just aren't aware that there are many people who want this done. Either way it's a legitimate suggestion and your not supplying any constructive input.

Me and my group roll very distinctive gear and skins in order to prevent team killing, we Almost never run into people who look like us. BUT it has happened and will continue to happen until changes are made to help prevent it. It happened as early as last night where me and a person I thought was my friend ran around with each other on the 3rd floor of a building until my friend came in and shot the other player. Turns out she had a buddy on the same floor who looked just like me aswell, and I killed him shortly after to prevent further confusion.

So your essentially saying 'no because this isn't as important as paramedic clothes, police hats, and other vanity items that are being added every patch'

Riiiiiiiiight....

If not now then when? Maybe they are already working on it, maybe they aren't, and just aren't aware that there are many people who want this done. Either way it's a legitimate suggestion and your not supplying any constructive input.

Me and my group roll very distinctive gear and skins in order to prevent team killing, we Almost never run into people who look like us. BUT it has happened and will continue to happen until changes are made to help prevent it. It happened as early as last night where me and a person I thought was my friend ran around with each other on the 3rd floor of a building until my friend came in and shot the other player. Turns out she had a buddy on the same floor who looked just like me aswell, and I killed him shortly after to prevent further confusion.

HAHAHAH that's your fault completely!

A good group always uses team tactics so shit like that doesnt happen.

If you want to be easily see who your "Team" is, i suggest you go back to paying call of duty.

And im saying that game mechanics are WAY more important than how your characters hair looks.

Lone-wolfs.. like myself, don't have issues like this :)

wouldn't care if they didn't add more clothes. I will shoot naked people.

Edited by NuckFuts
  • Like 2

HAHAHAH that's your fault completely!

A good group always uses team tactics so shit like that doesnt happen.

If you want to be easily see who your "Team" is, i suggest you go back to paying call of duty.

And im saying that game mechanics are WAY more important than how your characters hair looks.

What are you 14? I just picture my nephew pointing his prepubescent finger at me when i read that, jeeze some people...

I didn't say it wasn't my fault. I'm simply supplying a reason why this should be important.

Your right, they are, but i literally don't know how to say this in a way it will drill through your thick skull. So ill try one more time, please listen carefully, ill space it out real nice for you.

Game mechanics are important, and justifiably being worked on.

the development team is also working on vanity items, such as clothes ( you know those things your mom puts on you every morning )

so as long as they are working on vanity items, there is literally no reason they shouldn't be working on some type of character customization as well.

I'm done repeating myself here, and I'm sorry to the mod who's gonna have to warn me for this post, I couldn't hold it any longer. Every man has his limit.

What are you 14? I just picture my nephew pointing his prepubescent finger at me when i read that, jeeze some people...

I didn't say it wasn't my fault. I'm simply supplying a reason why this should be important.

Your right, they are, but i literally don't know how to say this in a way it will drill through your thick skull. So ill try one more time, please listen carefully, ill space it out real nice for you.

Game mechanics are important, and justifiably being worked on.

the development team is also working on vanity items, such as clothes ( you know those things your mom puts on you every morning )

so as long as they are working on vanity items, there is literally no reason they shouldn't be working on some type of character customization as well.

I'm done repeating myself here, and I'm sorry to the mod who's gonna have to warn me for this post, I couldn't hold it any longer. Every man has his limit.

Hahaha chill out dude, you're not going to get a warning post for calling me a "Prepubescent" teen.

The reason they shouldnt be working on hair and clothes, is the fact that the game engine needs a ton of work, there is still desync issues, zombies can walk through walls, loot spawns need work, rag doll physics need work...

Shall i go on?

Shall i go on?

Go on. Start with the different kinds of developers like artists and programmers and their respective jobs. Then continue on how a constructive discussion about desirable but not high priority features prevents game optimization from happening.
  • Like 1

Hahaha chill out dude, you're not going to get a warning post for calling me a "Prepubescent" teen.

The reason they shouldnt be working on hair and clothes, is the fact that the game engine needs a ton of work, there is still desync issues, zombies can walk through walls, loot spawns need work, rag doll physics need work...

Shall i go on?

Man... you realize they don't just drop everything they are doing to fix the game breaking bugs right? Like i already said and you can research for yourself if you don't believe me, they have separate teams working on separate things. Vanity items are a bit easier for them to do so when the modelling team creates them, and the programmers have time, they implement them. Almost every patch has some sort of useless clothing/item add on to spruce the game up a bit. So as long as they are doing that, why doesn't it make sense to you that they should work on character customization aswell? Your logic here is making my head hurt. Yeah it may take time and money better spent on another couple of nifty outfits i can wear, but id much rather have a different looking character compared to the hundreds of very light males running around. This is my logic, and if you cant understand it then were gonna have to agree to disagree.

The devs are making new clothes and your okay with that, but when it comes to adding another form of character customization you think they should fix the bugs... completely unaware how monumental of tasks zed path finding, 64 bit servers, clipping items, exploits, and optimization are, and that they likely have completely separate groups working on all of these things as we speak. but the design/modeling team doesn't have time to add a customization option, but they literally have all the time in the world to add new outfits...

maybe I'm wrong and the modelling/design team is super busy working with the other teams on fixing bugs, but if not, they should do something about the character skin situation. they had time to add Matt and Dean, and a new type of zombie after all!

Go on. Start with the different kinds of developers like artists and programmers and their respective jobs. Then continue on how a constructive discussion about desirable but not high priority features prevents game optimization from happening.

Start off by saying game optimization doesn't happen till late beta...

Wait, what? Oh.

You guys know that the devs have stated on multiple occasions that they have no interest in fixing most issues during the alpha, right?  The devs said they want to add a ton of _content_ and then go back and fix problems with their content because there's no point in fixing one thing perfectly, then adding a bunch of junk that might just break it again.

+1 to hair styles and character customization

• Like 2

Start off by saying game optimization doesn't happen till late beta...

Wait, what? Oh.

Thats a pretty sad little post you got there. And it actually bites your former argument - right in the a... Good job and now back to topic.

So customization is actually a thing. Both temporary stuff like clothing and badges and permanent stuff like your face, build and hair. Hair might be the most tricky because of the animation. Anyways there are plenty of hairstyles that are just like the two ingame - they don't need much, if any, animations to look immersive. Allowing short hair for women and a bun for man is a start. Then there are different kinds of short hair and different kinds of buns. Now add different hair colors and you got a small collection without even touch the animation part.

Similar for skin and eye colors: You could allow the skin to be a little lighter or a little darker without breaking immersion at all. Eye colors are only a little thing but might make the difference if you are close to someone.

Then different faces: I do not really like the current way because it requires a lot of face models and makes picking one either very random or very elaborate. Maybe sorting them into a treelike structure might help. The other way (which I prefer) is a character generator where you select your features instead of the whole face - allows for more combinations with less data but might take more effort to implement in a way that the faces look "right".

Now we got build - something overlooked by many games and used to great extend by others (see TF2). Its not about making your silhouette bigger or smaller. Its about making it different. Some might have longer legs, some might have broader hips or shoulders in relation to others. Thats actually something that can be used to have distinctive survivors over intermediate distances independent of clothing.

Finally there is animated/growing hair and body modification. If its ever to come thats nice but its not a requirement. All the things mentioned above would do a great deal and this would just be the icing on the cake.

Lets have a Mr Burns type and maybe a Fat Albert. Oh and what about Putin were you spawn in a bunker. Also im very dismayed that the little horror himself Justin Bieber hasnt been added to the zombie roster.

I really don't get it...

People scream realism and point their finger at every little thing,but suddenly it's ok to have a bandit team of 20 all with Rocket's face.

And here comes the "Buuut the clothes are different" argument.

Clothes-smothes,If you are indeed in favor of realism,customization in my book is an important to have feature.

Among camo wearing players there is little to none distinciton.

That,has to change.

• Like 2

We need alot of faces to choose from like the mod.. I would say giving some more options to the female characters would be better also, if that would make girls happy

• Like 1

I think there should be at least 1000 combinations overall - this would reduce the possibility of two players on a 100 slot server having exactly the same character (excluding clothes etc.) below 1% (given players get/select random combinations).

Sounds much? Not really if you use a character generator:

• 2 genders
  • 5 skin tones
  • 5 faces
  • 5 hair styles/colors
  • 4 eye colors

If you could also customize things like the shape of your mouth, body, eyes or nose you would quickly reach a very high number of possible combinations.

Edited by Evil Minion

We need something like

Tallahassee ;)

Tallahassee-zombieland-20358689-1280-102

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

Eh. I don't think hairstyles and face customisation needs to be at the top of the todo list right now. You'll have to get pretty close to someone to tell them apart from another player. More face types would be nice, but at this stage it's unnecessary. As for hair, same thing. Most people wear a hat of some kind anyway. If a girl decides that she'd rather have a ponytail than, I dunno, a bun, then oh well. I don't complain because my character can't have Leon Kennedy hair. Regardless it'd be nice but, again, shouldn't be (and isn't) a focus at this stage of development. 

EH.. I  dont think i said it needs to be top of the to do list did i? this is for suggestions, i merely suggested that they should put more stuff on there so its easier to tell each other apart.. you have  brought nothing to this discussion. look for another one :)

Eh. I don't think hairstyles and face customisation needs to be at the top of the todo list right now. You'll have to get pretty close to someone to tell them apart from another player. More face types would be nice, but at this stage it's unnecessary. As for hair, same thing. Most people wear a hat of some kind anyway. If a girl decides that she'd rather have a ponytail than, I dunno, a bun, then oh well. I don't complain because my character can't have Leon Kennedy hair. Regardless it'd be nice but, again, shouldn't be (and isn't) a focus at this stage of development. 

EH.. I  dont think i said it needs to be top of the to do list did i? this is for suggestions, i merely suggested that they should put more stuff on there so its easier to tell each other apart.. you have  brought nothing to this discussion. look for another one :)

But I'm agreeing with you. I said more customisation options would be nice, but they're not a priority at the moment - and rightly so... or was I wrong to assess that? Besides, one could argue that this entire suggestion is a pointless one. It's not as if the dev team has gone "right, we've got Dean's face in now. That's a wrap". Luckily for you I'm not rude enough to judge the merit of a post based on whether I agree with it or not.

this post is most probably entirely pointless, youre right. but as i just joined i thought a would post one, now im bored of it... my other suggestion would of been to ditch the zombies. but im sure that people would have more to say about that. 

But I'm agreeing with you. I said more customisation options would be nice, but they're not a priority at the moment - and rightly so... or was I wrong to assess that? Besides, one could argue that this entire suggestion is a pointless one. It's not as if the dev team has gone "right, we've got Dean's face in now. That's a wrap". Luckily for you I'm not rude enough to judge the merit of a post based on whether I agree with it or not.

this post is most probably entirely pointless, youre right. but as i just joined i thought a would post one, now im bored of it... my other suggestion would of been to ditch the zombies. but im sure that people would have more to say about that. 

We would propablly turn cannibal and devour you whole if you were to suggest something like that.

A developer (Hicks) made a misunderstanded statement on his twitter about zombies never beign the main threat (he meant players).

People thought,that he said,zombies would never be a threat.After that,things turned ugly.

• Like 1