Will there be vehicles soon because iam getting very tired of walking to the other end of the map to get better gear !

Q3

... because iam getting very tired of walking to the other end of the map to get better gear !

Ugh. Really?

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 3

another one of these guys,you see them on twitter too when rocket says new exp is coming first comment is "vehicles?"

• Like 2

Its cool to gang up on anyone who simply asks when SA will have something the mod implemented 2 years ago. Real constructive guys. Hell lets make it even better, lets start ganging up on people that ask for less desync and hit detection problems too. Why stop at just hating on vehicles?

I got first dibs on making fun of the next DayZ customer who complains about hackers too. Is that towing the line enough for us here?

Lets have honest and open discussions without fanatical one sidedness. We are all DayZ supporters afterall.

Edited by Zed's Dead

Lets have honest and open discussions without fanatical one sidedness. We are all DayZ supporters afterall.

Not that i don't agree with what you're trying to say.. But there really isn't anything to discuss. 

It's been repeated a thousand times that vehicles won't be in until it's at the point where Dean wants them to be(needing parts and are customizable) and that's been estimated to be near Q3 which isn't too far off.

Which leads me to believe that they're nowhere near getting to how they want them, so im holding on to late Q4 earlie Q1 at best to expect vehicles.

• Like 2

I expect first vehicles to come to experimental towards the end of next month, I guess that's pretty realistic

EDIT: Nevermind, I remember seeing a post of Rocket where he says that vehicles may come in early 2015...

Edited by Ultimoose

Will there be vehicles soon because iam getting very tired of walking to the other end of the map to get better gear !

Sorry but I guess you will hate vehicles as well when you'll figure out that you must walk from an end to another of the map to find the componant you need for make them work.

• Like 5

If I were a moderator...

I'd enforce a "search before you post" policy.

Not that i don't agree with what you're trying to say.. But there really isn't anything to discuss.

It's been repeated a thousand times that vehicles won't be in until it's at the point where Dean wants them to be(needing parts and are customizable) and that's been estimated to be near Q3 which isn't too far off.

Which leads me to believe that they're nowhere near getting to how they want them, so im holding on to late Q4 earlie Q1 at best to expect vehicles.

Good point. I agree. Yes there are good reasons why no vehicles yet, but I feel many people are quick to defend the developer for any shortfalls without good discussions. But in the caseof vehicles, since the game core is still so bad, vehicles cant work yet. So we Should discuss why is the core still so bad.

after 500h played im still running like a mad cow and im still not tired... survive man

• Like 1

Lol, do people still not get it?  Vehicles aren't going to be all over the map for people to hop in and ride, they are going to need to be fixed and maintained.  I honestly can't wait for the day they announce that vehicles are in just so I can read all the raging disappointed posts about how they have to walk for miles just to get parts to get the damn things working.

• Like 8

Lol, do people still not get it?  Vehicles aren't going to be all over the map for people to hop in and ride, they are going to need to be fixed and maintained.  I honestly can't wait for the day they announce that vehicles are in just so I can read all the raging disappointed posts about how they have to walk for miles just to get parts to get the damn things working.

It will be the toppest of keks.

I can't wait for the subsequent flood of requests for sidechat, purely so people can express their entitlement to rides in the form of blue spam grafted to my eyeballs.

"Why won't anyone give me a ride to NWAF?"

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 4

If I were a moderator...

I'd enforce a "search before you post" policy.

Links ?

Sorry, to bust your bubble of how vehicles will be imagined...but vehicles will be incredibly rare, require a crap ton of parts to fix, fuel replenishment and not to forget...vehicle stealers. There not gonna be like those stupid 1000 fully fixed vehicles servers you see nowadays on the DayZ Mod.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Not one of those links explain why the game creators refuse to spawn simple bicycles that would realistically exist on the real world, be ready to use and easy to maintain, and be very useful and appreciated by the dayz player. Why have they not given us bikes while they work on the harder stuff?

Not one of those links explain why the game creators refuse to spawn simple bicycles that would realistically exist on the real world, be ready to use and easy to maintain, and be very useful and appreciated by the dayz player. Why have they not given us bikes while they work on the harder stuff?

Because the bicycles aren't done?

• Like 3

Because your (the Day Z player) enjoyment during alpha development isn't what drives their priority list. 

Because the bicycles aren't done?

LOL.

Then what are they doing with 50 million dollars in sales?

Because your (the Day Z player) enjoyment during alpha development isn't what drives their priority list. 

Then why have they put hundreds and hundreds of man hours into drawing new gun, after gun, after gun and threw them in all the last patches of the last 7 months?

Then why have they put hundreds and hundreds of man hours into drawing new gun, after gun, after gun and threw them in all the last patches of the last 7 months?

Art assets are completely different from functionality. Vehicles represent new functionality. Most weapons are dependent only on the Art team with some input/approval from design. Nothing to do with programmers.
  • Like 1

Fair enough guys.     Over the next 8 months, we hopefully will see some improvements in the core.   I'm excited about the possible zombie collision fix.   That brings good news.     We can definitely wait for vehicles if the zombies are fixed and increased in the meantime.  

• Like 1

Art assets are completely different from functionality. Vehicles represent new functionality. Most weapons are dependent only on the Art team with some input/approval from design. Nothing to do with programmers.

Answers like this deserve a stickied thread... because the questions aren't going away.