Sign in to follow this  
jazzNdrumNbass

First human contact.

So, today I decided to play on a more populated server than I normally play on.

I'd been camped out in the Police station type building in Kamyshovo, which had been very kind to me; I walked out with two different types of pistols, a Mosin and a few handfuls of ammo, and some food and drink. Sorted. I would recommend for any new starter to head there, check the backs of the police cars, check the sheds, check all the rooms. I also had some sort of assault rifle with three full clips, but left that behind to travel light.

Headed north; found Msta. Not much in the way of loot, but I'd let my guard drop whilst searching the small village, and before I knew it... Heard that sound. Glanced behind... 3 walkers closing in.

SPRINT.

TURN.

FIRE. FIRE. FIRE. 

Phew.

Turns out there were another two walkers following; dispatched those too. I'm no expert gunman. Amateurish at best, but thankfully didn't waste a single shot. All one hit kills. Love this Mosin.

I was out in the rain at this point, and the walkers didn't have anything on them (don't know if that's been put in the Standalone...). So I headed to a barn. Was fooling around with the function key expressions. Sat down, chilled out, waited for the rain to pass, just watching the barn door.

Saw someone run past. Didn't look like a zombie.

Instantly typed "Hello survivor! I am friendly". Headed out and followed the person; they were heading through the houses. After watching for a couple of minutes and ascertaining that she was unarmed, headed down to say hello.

Lost visual on my way down. Next thing I knew... Punched in the side of the head!

I ran into the forest immediately south of Msta, with the assailant in tow. Opened up a bit of distance and let her have it. Dead.

Didn't get the name... But if that player was you... White t-shirt, ponytail, punching a heavily armed guy in a bandana and aviators in the woods south of Msta... Congratulations. I wanted to help you; you made me kill you. 

• Like 6

So, today I decided to play on a more populated server than I normally play on.

The first people I came across tried to kill me

FIFY

Far too often this is what happens, try to be friendly and get punched in the head for it. Beans to you for attempting to be friendly. Some peeps don't care about being friendly only kill you and take your gear so they can get back to playing death match. Such is life in Dayz, no hello or kiss my ass just kill kill kill.

Didn't get the name... But if that player was you... White t-shirt, ponytail, punching a heavily armed guy in a bandana and aviators in the woods south of Msta... Congratulations. I wanted to help you; you made me kill you. 

Still so many idiots around who don't get the core of the game...gj dispatching one of them. :thumbsup:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

Still so many idiots around who don't get the core of the game...gj dispatching one of them. :thumbsup:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

I thought you were going to try say that that's the way it's meant to be played there...thank god.

I have honestly only found about 4 people who didn't instantly try to kill me and NONE of them had guns. One guy I was partnered up with for a while, he didn't speak at all...

I was just using chat but I told him to not if he understood and stuff and he did...why does nobody ever use chat? Only experienced like one person using it beyond myself.

It leaves you open to attack sure but there's no need to be that paranoid, unless you're a slow typer or try it in the middle of an airfield.

I don't get why MOST players will try to punch you in the face rather then interact and ask for help.  The interaction is what makes this game fun to me.  There are MANY more games that are MUCH more fun to play in the 'shoot em up' category B)

New spawn hoping to knock you out and take your gear. Good job defending yourself.

• Like 2

TL;DR:

I killed a bambi.

Thats all?

I robbed his ass and did some prone humping action on the corpse too.

When you're geared and have a weapon visible be very weary of completely unarmed fresh spawns (akal bambis). They'll try to punch you and knock you unconscious, then they'll steal your gear and kill you. When I started playing bambis were more likely to talk and be interesting, but as of the past 2 months at least every one just bolts for me as if I'm a loot pinata ready to be smacked. You played it the right way - attempt to interact then defend yourself.

I don't get why MOST players will try to punch you in the face rather then interact and ask for help.  The interaction is what makes this game fun to me.  There are MANY more games that are MUCH more fun to play in the 'shoot em up' category B)

Because they want to get armed as fast as possible, so they can go park their arse on a hill and wait to kill. Im just waiting for this forum to be filled with "please remove hunger and thirst, its so annoying having to look for food".

Turns out there were another two walkers following; dispatched those too. I'm no expert gunman. Amateurish at best, but thankfully didn't waste a single shot. All one hit kills. Love this Mosin.

I have noticed if you use firearms to kill zombies, you usually get couple of respawns right next to you, this doesnt happen if you use mellee weapons

Here is an ongoing problem for the game right now. There just isn't ANYTHING else to do than PVP. You might call yourself a hero, but all you are doing is enabling someone to go and PVP. Everyone says that in the mod, all the extras like vehicles and persistent storage help prevent the KOS attitude. I wonder how it will be when they add those items to SA in late 2015. Will people still want to go through the effort to get a vehicle up and running, or will they have forgotten about them and just continue to KOS. Old habits are hard to break, and right now, the only habit we have is PVP.

Similar issue yesterday on Exp. server after latest update.  All players were wiped, not a big deal imho, others will disagree.  Spawned in a small town, name unknown, probably 4 minutes ahead of this other bambi/punk.  I had already found an axe and some better clothing, etc.  This bambi immediately puts up fists and runs towards me.  I side step him and then make some distance between us then hit the mic and suggest that he chill out.  He then flips me off, and up come the fists again.  I again side step him as he runs by, my arms are still at there sides showing no agression and hit the mic again.  Finally he gets the hint and moves on. Damn newb's.

Well I'm no game theory expert, but if the possibilities upon meeting someone new are that they'll either be friendly or kill you, and the odds are heavily stacked that they'll kill you (as I believe they are right now) doesn't it make sense to try to kill the other person? 

I'm sure many solutions have been talked about, but for me, there is a simple solution - make walkers more of a threat. Make them something you NEED assistance with occasionally. Imagine walker bosses, a la Nemesis from Resident Evil. Threats that can't be easily handled by one person will cause people to pull together.

Well I'm no game theory expert, but if the possibilities upon meeting someone new are that they'll either be friendly or kill you, and the odds are heavily stacked that they'll kill you (as I believe they are right now) doesn't it make sense to try to kill the other person? 

I'm sure many solutions have been talked about, but for me, there is a simple solution - make walkers more of a threat. Make them something you NEED assistance with occasionally. Imagine walker bosses, a la Nemesis from Resident Evil. Threats that can't be easily handled by one person will cause people to pull together.

There was a time with AS when zombies were actually sort of dangerous and that already made it feel like a different game because you would be constantly occupied with zombies.

You'd have to hardcode chat or VON to LMB if you want to make these players communicate before firing. It's just another shooter to them..see somebody? Left click, left click....