Evaris

To the "friendly" guy who killed me and took my MP5

Nice going with claiming friendly, (with a panicked tone behind it no less!) chatting with me for five minutes, then when things seemed like everything was alright, and you said you were having trouble hearing me, and I took a step forward like you asked?  Yeah nice job spraying me down with your SKS.  Doesn't matter now I suppose, that you found two medical bags in my backpack, and I explained that I play as a neutral medic, and was friendly.  Even after I was knocked unconscious by you, I was still nice, and said you were free to take what you want, all I asked is if you wouldn't mind using some of the medical supplies I had to patch me up, you didn't even have to do anything to make me wake up again.

But nope you decide it's more fun to just put a couple bullets in my head.  And right before you did you said to me "You can't trust strangers."  Yeah, well usually strangers who don't shoot you on sight aren't interested in shooting the moment I start going on my way peacefully.

Nice going murderer.  You are, in my opinion, the lowest of the low for players.  Hope you enjoy my MP5K.  I would have given it to you anyhow, had you asked.  You probably wouldn't have ruined my extra magazines you would have gotten otherwise if you did just ask.   

Edited by Evaris
  • Like 13

*picks topic up and moves it to KoS thread*

Lol no one's fault but your own. 

"Come closer my pretty, so I may hear you better....yeeees come closer....that's it" 

Sounds legit. xD

Be more careful next time

• Like 6

*picks topic up and moves it to KoS thread*

Lol no one's fault but your own. 

"Come closer my pretty, so I may hear you better....yeeees come closer....that's it" 

Sounds legit. xD

Be more careful next time

by "closer" the distance I moved was less than a foot before he opened up fire.  We were both in the open so.. yeah.  And we were fairly far apart - and he did sound quiet on the mic, so.. yeah I figured the request was legit.

by "closer" the distance I moved was less than a foot before he opened up fire.  We were both in the open so.. yeah.  And we were fairly far apart - and he did sound quiet on the mic, so.. yeah I figured the request was legit.

Well I guess you'll think twice about moving closer to someone with their weapon drawn next time lol

Just keep playing your game as neutral medic, and try to help ppl, dont listen to anyone, tend to be friendly always when you are not in danger, all those kill on sight players out there never tryed roleplay game,or any other type of playing then just killing everything that walks. Its easy to kill, its hard not to kill and survive! I know how you feel. Take care

• Like 6

Was this at NWAF in the southern barracks?

Edited by xAtrocity

Just keep playing your game as neutral medic, and try to help ppl, dont listen to anyone, tend to be friendly always when you are not in danger, all those kill on sight players out there never tryed roleplay game,or any other type of playing then just killing everything that walks. Its easy to kill, its hard not to kill and survive! I know how you feel. Take care

Oh look, another "neutrality" elitist :P 

Was this at NWAF in the southern barracks?

No, it was on the road from Berezino to Svetlojarsk. 

Many players wouldn't have even pretended to be friendly if they wanted your MP5. All I can say is, this is a common trick that the so-called 'friendlies' pull.

Edited by Forrelist

Many players wouldn't have even pretended to be friendly if they wanted your MP5. All I can say is, this is a common trick that the so-called 'friendlies' pull.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded to have been KoS'd.

I wouldn't have minded if he had left me for dead.

What annoys me are two things:  lying about being friendly, then laughing and shooting in my head after I was already no longer a threat and therefore killing me simply for the sake of killing me. 

• Like 3

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded to have been KoS'd.

I wouldn't have minded if he had left me for dead.

What annoys me are two things: lying about being friendly, then laughing and shooting in my head after I was already no longer a threat and therefore killing me simply for the sake of killing me.

Its dumbasses with the IQ of a brick, the maturity of a 12 year old, and the social skills they really have, nerdy losers in the corner at Prom. I hope they enjoy the game, cause in real life if shit hits the fan, Im killing every damn body I dont know.
  • Like 4

1. This is dayz it happens

2. please don't say "Right thats it i'm never trusting anyone again and from now on im only going to play as a bandit & kill on sight."

Seriously number 2, trust me its important. This shit happens, and alough you met a liar, next time you may not. Whenever i see a post about someone who got shot and they take it personally and become bitter (and yes i see a lot)  it just tilts the game further towards being a bandit dominated game only. You need an equal amount of both bandits and friendlies otherwise we all may just play call of duty deathmatches and be done with it.

Edited by archamedes
  • Like 3

1. This is dayz it happens

2. please don't say "Right thats it i'm never trusting anyone again and from now on im only going to play as a bandit & kill on sight."

Seriously number 2, trust me its important. This shit happens, and alough you met a liar, next time you may not. Whenever i see a post about someone who got shot and they take it personally and become bitter (and yes i see a lot)  it just tilts the game further towards being a bandit dominated game only. You need an equal amount of both bandits and friendlies otherwise we all may just play call of duty deathmatches and be done with it.

Yeah this was the second person who has shot to kill me.  But nah, I'll still be me, i.e. friendly and helpful.  Just have issue with people lying.

• Like 1

When I hear the word "friendly" I switch off the safety on my FNX.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Oh look, another "neutrality" elitist :P

You play your game as you like right? So am i :)

• Like 2

This game is all about getting heavily armed and collecting pristine parts for those weapons. Take a look at dayz videos, 99% are all about armed pvp combats, sniping and force feeding.

Good on you for playing the way you have so far, but if you dont have complete control of the situation, do not interract with those players.

• Like 1

Another dayz newbie got rekt. Lesson learned, I guess. This game isn't about trusting strangers. It is about paranoia and surviving when someone tries to act friendly, you blow his head off.

• Like 1

Hey, at least this wasn't real life. You'd be smelling like rape for the next 2 weeks.

But, srs. DayZ has a fucked up playerbase. I usually don't KOS, but if anyone runs into me in a building, I fuck their shit up because I know panic would cause them to do the same to me. Then, I bandage their corpse, give them a can of beans or something and run away.

:lol: The title cracked me up! Classic DayZ, just fucking wonderful.

Edited by Vex_Vehix

Joining the "This game isn't..." band-wagon. 

This game isn't what you think it is, it's about everything you didn't think it would be...

On a side note, don't stop being who you are and how you play. If it's how you like to play, just keep doing it. It still feels much better when you help someone and he's grateful, than just going around shooting everyone and everything that moves, on the motive that you can't trust anyone...

To each his own. Respect.

• Like 1

I feel your pain man, but in the end if everyone on this thing was friendly why come back?  The zombies?  You could kill the entire server load of zombies with an axe...  The PvP thing is the only reason to be here.

I have not killed a single player yet, been killed though.  I think half the reason I am doing it is to see what my breaking point is before I just start capping anyone not naked.

An open letter to the snotty barista at the Coffee Bean on San Vicente Boulevard:

I know there were 20 people behind me in line, but I was on a cell phone call with my mother.
Didn't you see me hold up my index finger?
That means I'll order my soy decaf hazelnut latte in just a couple minutes.
So what's with the attitude, lady?
No tip for you.

• Like 1

This is why, if I encounter someone who claims to be friendly, I tell them to put their weapon away, and that, if they take it out at all in my presence, I'll shoot them on the spot. If they truly are friendly, they (usually) comply; if not, they (usually) try to kill me. When they ask me why I don't put my gun away, I tell them it's because I don't trust them, and if I were going to kill them, they'd be dead already. Of course, when playing as a neutral medic, the whole idea is to be objective and help everyone, even those who don't really deserve it (such as the asshat the OP mentioned), and there will always be those who take advantage of that kindness to torally fuck you in the ass.

• Like 4

I like how everyone acts as if this behavior is somehow something unique to DayZ players. Welcome to the human race. You learned an important lesson about what happens when you encounter other humans unconstrained by laws or societal prohibitions on certain behavior.

• Like 1