Spidey (DayZ)

Why no 24h-cycle servers with nighttime ?

Personally, I love role-playing in this game, or at least semi-role-playing. The nighttime in Standalone is purely awesome, so why do we get scared and just have this crazy amount of day-only servers ? 

Yes, the game is in alpha blah blah .. why would we only play daytime, anyway ? It get's kinda boring over time and the night has such an awesome atmospheric feeling to it .. 

• Like 4

It isn't '24hourdaylight' by design, it's because most of the server hosters don't want nighttime on their servers. It will probably change when more night-oriented items get introduced and when the nighttime lighting gets improved.

• Like 1

just be thankful that you have daylight, unlike when it was first publicly released =) 

you can still find some servers that set they're times to be a cycle, but people don't bother playing on them. 

Day/night cycle is the same as hardcore servers
Just like the mod, when they first came out everyone loved them, now you barley find any, and players congregate on daytime only servers, mainly caused by the PvP element since there is a lack of PvE in the game in its current state 

Edited by Star Thornberry

I think "24/7 DAYTIME Scared of the dark" servers should be disabled.

• Like 1

It isn't '24hourdaylight' by design, it's because most of the server hosters don't want nighttime on their servers. It will probably change when more night-oriented items get introduced and when the nighttime lighting gets improved.

I really do want to make a chem light runway like i did in the mod, or running through a forest with flare in hand so anyone who was wearing night vision would be blinded. (but please bring chem lights back, I need to go raving in Elektro)

It's a good time to be playing experiemental if this is what you are looking for.

• Like 1

Yes, this....it is always sunny in CHernarus! Dammit I found a nighttime-only server, on which I play more than on daytime servbers. mostly only 5-15 peopüle on, though. sad!!

It's a good time to be playing experiemental if this is what you are looking for.

Hmm. Won't I get frustrated by bugs ? 

Since when the devs care about what this bunch of entitled children want?

Night time is improved, it looks great atm, also, as an owner of a Gameserver DayZ server the only options I have is what time it restarts, I can't change the length, it is set at four hours, for now anyway.  In Experimental servers are set for 10 hour restarts, which I will gladly do when that becomes an option. 

Over this weekend past the experimental servers didn't reset until Monday morning, over 48 hours.  You should have seen the wailing and gnashing of teeth this caused.  There was much sack cloth wearing.  People weren't getting the Super Military Surplus Store they were used to and got positively apoplectic.

Edited by Barnabus

I run a  12hr Cycle server, Off the Grid/Man vs Wild runs from noon to midnight. Drop by some time..  192.3.16.194   2502

As much as I'd like the night in dayz to be embraced, I don't get all the hype around pvp. I mean, PVP isn't even fun in dayz.. especially not considering that it is meant to be simulator of reality. Oh well seems like i should just get Nether..

Since when the devs care about what this bunch of entitled children want?

Yeah, I doubt Bohemia is going to care about that at this point. Or any point for that matter. Once the game is released they'll probably give people the option of having private hives and they can have their 24/7 daylight servers ...

Once the loot spawning is fixed people will extend the restarts, I think the improvements to night time might see more people playing it although personally I think they've overshot the mark a little with how light it is but it's not far off being perfect imo.

I played night until the latest exp patch, now it sucks, I can see everything even in bad weather, also turning down gamma to minimum doesn't help. No need for the flashlight anymore. Guess they did it so the 'night is to dark' crowd would be pleased, but that didn't help, night servers is just as empty as before the patch. Make it dark again, please

I played night until the latest exp patch, now it sucks, I can see everything even in bad weather, also turning down gamma to minimum doesn't help. No need for the flashlight anymore. Guess they did it so the 'night is to dark' crowd would be pleased, but that didn't help, night servers is just as empty as before the patch. Make it dark again, please

That sucks.  So instead of being "actual night" where in the absence of any light source everything is pitch black, it's "TV night" where it looks like day, but with a dark tint?