Insane Ruffles

2 things NEEDED to be fixed in next update.

1. Random leg breaking in buildings.

2. Dayz crash.

2nd one is more of an annoyance, all though I have died one time when my Dayz crashed in the middle of a firefight. 

1st one makes the game nearly unplayable. I count a total of 9 times I have broken my legs in the past week trying to run upstairs for cover or away from zombies. 

One time, my entire group had their legs break when we went into a building in Berezino. We hopped on to a 20/30 populated server to get some action. We decided to head to the pub on the corner by the police station. There were 7 of us, and after a couple of minutes of being in the pub, someones legs broke. Then the guy who went to patch him up had his legs break too, then all of the sudden, one by one, peoples legs began breaking everywhere. Before you know it all 7 of us are lying on the ground, 3 dead 2 unconscious, and 2 conscious.

I was a conscious one and we were trying to crawl out of the building when two men came in and unloaded onto the survivors, killing the unconscious ones and knocking me and the other survivor out. A a couple of seconds after that and I hear over direct chat. "Johnny! My legs just broke for no reason!" from the guy who was looting us. I didn't hear anything else until I woke up a minute later, and saw the 2 guys who killed us dead also. Sure enough, their pants were ruined. 

This is really ridiculous, especially since this isn't the first time it has happened. You WILL break your legs 90% of the time when going upstairs on a semi populated or populated server. I haven't encountered one person who has not had this problem.

• Like 1

The broken legs thing is def a gamebreaker.  Crashes are always going to happen, no matter what, its just a thing that happens sometimes.

• Like 1

1. Random leg breaking in buildings.

I've literally never randomly broken my legs in buildings. I've fallen through the walls to my death or gotten stuck in them several months ago.

I've literally never randomly broken my legs in buildings. I've fallen through the walls to my death or gotten stuck in them several months ago.

Its unlikely on server that are under 20 people, but with servers that have 20 or more, it happens all the time. Walking through Berezino as a fresh spawn on a full server, I saw 5 dead bodies in building with their pants ruined. It has gotten pretty ridiculous. You can sort of combat it by not stopping when going upstairs but even that only works 40% of the time.

Nothing needs to be fixed.

I say let them ignore bugs for a while and just keep pushing content updates no need to senselessly slow other parts of development just because people want a few bugs squashed now that will get squashed later anyway.

• Like 1

I say let them ignore bugs for a while and just keep pushing content updates no need to senselessly slow other parts of development just because people want a few bugs squashed now that will get squashed later anyway.

No, this is completely different, like seriously this a game breaking bug. Tons of people are unable to play the game for a bit without having their legs broken, and most groups I have talked to have had at least 2 or 3 members break their legs. It even happens on unsteady terrain such as rocks. Idc about the other bugs like damage absorption and Zombies but this one is a game killer. I'm terrified to loot any upper story buildings now.

Also,random leg braking is very simple to fix,only carring sticks and bandage,and thanks to the lumberjack mode,obtaining sticks is trivial :D

• Like 2

Also,random leg braking is very simple to fix,only carring sticks and bandage,and thanks to the lumberjack mode,obtaining sticks is trivial :D

Really? Cuz I fixed my legs 3 times in a row and they kept breaking after I got up. Same thing for other people, not to mention the fact that it ruins everything below the belt. I lose a good 6 spaces that I could be using for my team.

Better to fix bugs then fill the game with tons more content and create more and more bugs.

Stablize existing contents bugs and then add addtional stuff and fix bugs caused by new stuff.

Sure ignore minor bugs like clothing clipping but bugs which make the game crash or cause servers to lag and kill people when more than 20 people are on ?

Look at the latest expietmental you freeze every 5 mins due to the navmesh bottleneck on the 64 bit servers and I was breaking my legs on servers with less than 10 people in them.

If they keep going people will be dying on servers with less than 5 people just for entering a building.

The above situation will result in no one to test their new content..

• Like 1

I was a Fresh spawn legs broke on a 5 man expietmental server on the coast...took me 15 min to crawl to an area where I could search for sticks and then another 10 min of tim to search for more...it was a painful 25 mins...only to then break my legs 15 min later after entering a one story building again....

Edited by trev186
  • Like 1

Better to fix bugs then fill the game with tons more content and create more and more bugs.

Stablize existing contents bugs and then add addtional stuff and fix bugs caused by new stuff.

Sure ignore minor bugs like clothing clipping but bugs which make the game crash or cause servers to lag and kill people when more than 20 people are on ?

Look at the latest expietmental you freeze every 5 mins due to the navmesh bottleneck on the 64 bit servers and I was breaking my legs on servers with less than 10 people in them.

If they keep going people will be dying on servers with less than 5 people just for entering a building.

I mean really. Leg breaking is a serious issue and so far we have had 2 fan boys write it off as if it were nothing. When I run all the way down to Balota and back I dont want my legs breaking because of some stupid glitch that people dont care about because they are 100% fanboys and nothing can be wrong with their precious game. I understand its Alpha. I understand bug fixing is for Beta, but this bug dwarfs all others because it ends all immersion and testing completely. I dont have enough room to carry enough supplies to fix my leg dozens of times. Especially when Im a frespawn.

Edited by InsaneRuffles

That would be true if this was a complete game but it is not.

For every bug they have to squash now the more time is wasted and the more development slows because they have to divert resources to fix some bug that could be ignored for a while had this been an internal alpha test.

Hence the more bugs they ignore the faster development goes and ultimately the faster and better the game comes out.

This has nothing to do with being a fanboy believe me as you can tell I am not afraid of being critical about the game.

People just need to realize that fixing and going after bugs is such a huge waste of time at this stage.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 2

For every bug they have to squash now the more time is wasted and the more development slows because they have to divert resources to fix some bug that could be ignored for a while had this been an internal alpha test.

Hence the more bugs they ignore the faster development goes and ultimately the faster and better the game comes out.

I  would agree, except that, once again, these bugs are Game breaking. You can just ignore this glitch when it kills your character every time you enter a building. I can look past all Glitches, and so should developers until Beta, but they need to fix the major ones when they come out, and so far there is only 1 major bug that is ruining the game for a lot of people.

For some bugs yes but some bugs more ur game unplayable and untestable so what's the point of overloading it with content til no one can even play it?

Cant climb ladders without risking death

Cant enter buildings without risking death

Game lags out every 5 mins on expiremenal

These above errors are caused by servers being overloaded with too much "new content" and thus they lag peoples positions trying to load it all for others on the server at the same time and people die or get booted.

Adding more content will only frustrate the issue further.

Ill agree with ur logic if they remove the leg break mechanic from the game for now. Seeing how the whole system is shit then why would they want the crap data on legs breaking ?

I was in the NWAF ATC tower and I was going up the stairs, then all of a sudden *CRUNCH* my legs are broken, and my screen flashed grey for a second. Check my pants: all ruined. Luckily I had a splint on me.

This is really ridiculous, especially since this isn't the first time it has happened. You WILL break your legs 90% of the time when going upstairs on a semi populated or populated server. I haven't encountered one person who has not had this problem.

Well now you have met that person:p. Have never had the issue your describing, actually I have never been killed in dayz SA by a bug ever in my 300 hours played. I have also heard the ladders is dangerous, but I climb ladders all the time and have never died in them. Only thing that kills me in Dayz SA are the KOS'ers :D . Guess Im lucky haha

The broken legs thing is def a gamebreaker.

Yea, it is rather annoying. Which is why I keep zero loot in my pants. Only my banana. Booya!

Don't worry, you will and it will piss you off.

I'm not saying this isn't happening but I have yet to break my leg besides by getting shot and I mostly play on full servers.

i treat the "random leg break" as "hand of god" or "karma" for all my past sins in DayZ...

will be fixed..chill ou..calm down and remember you clicked on " i understand"

Is this leg breaking thing new?

Since the last patch it has become a huge problem, but random leg breaking has always been a problem, it just hasnt been this bad till now.

But friend, that's literally what alpha is.

Stablize existing content

That's what beta is ;)

It makes no sense to be constantly stabilizing the game while new content (which will more than likely introduce more bugs) is introduced to the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisyphus

• Like 1

Don't worry, you will and it will piss you off.

Probably not. I always carry 12 pris bandages and 3/4 sticks. if it happens I will roll down the stairs, fix my legs and then move on.

Lol I came back from my 2 - 3 month hiatus expecting random leg breaking to be fixed by the time I got back. 

I find it hilarious it's apparently still not fixed