Sign in to follow this  
federal39

the ability to boil water

it would be cool if you could boil water so it will be safe to drink.  I currently don't know if that is possible I have not play the game for weeks or if they added bacteria to water.

it would be cool if you could boil water

• Like 7

still not in yet yes needs to be added. Hydration is a complete non-worry in Standalone, rivers, pumps in every town, and soda's . No need to ever worry about drink.

Please give a chance of infection to all water unless it is boiled, to enhance the survival challenge of Day Z

• Like 4

Yes it will be nice, cause when we will have more realism and that water from pond can't make us sick, we will need to use this :

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Water_Purification_Tablets

But every way that is both realistic and can permit to those who want to "live (survive)" long as possible in the wild without need to go to cities for take any object, such as your idea to boil water is a good idea !

Anyway cooked food will be better than non cooked one in this game later on the time, so for things like dry food, i mainly think about rice, or powdered milk, both while adding water to them to obtain standard rice and standard milk, milk that will maybe be able to be combined with third dry food the box of cereal.
Maybe more dry food will be added such as pasta and it will be able to be combined with water and give a better food with high calories value which is important in DayZ, same as a "safe" food !
So i hope we will have more way to collect water, we will be able to find food on really small town that have less than 10 house and having things such as rice and others dry food and stuff that we can cook.
Both using fireplace or gas stove (hope that they won't make again a too much fast use system, such as too 3 minutes lifetime gas canister)
But yeah definitely agree for boiling water for drink it safely, you put in inside your frying pan (even if it not the best) or your cooking pot or maybe a possible future improvised recipe, add water from wherever we want (bottle, canteen or something maybe added on the future to collect rain's water), boil it, lets it cool down and fill canteen or waterbottle with this cleaned water !

still not in yet yes needs to be added. Hydration is a complete non-worry in Standalone, rivers, pumps in every town, and soda's . No need to ever worry about drink.

Please give a chance of infection to all water unless it is boiled, to enhance the survival challenge of Day Z

Ponds highest, rivers & streams a bit safer but still risky, pumps mostly safe... But boiling water 100% surety.

Pretty sure this will be added in the future - it is in the mod as well me thinks.

I'm hoping a bit of everything for purification will be added. Boiling water, water filters/purifiers, and tablets should all be options. 

Edited by solodude23

it would be cool if you could boil water so it will be safe to drink.  I currently don't know if that is possible I have not play the game for weeks or if they added bacteria to water.

it would be cool if you could boil water

All natural water sources, including pumps, streams, rivers, etc. should be filled with bacteria. Not only should boiling clean it, but water purification tablets should too. if this was the case the tablets should be made pretty rare.

All natural water sources, including pumps, streams, rivers, etc. should be filled with bacteria. Not only should boiling clean it, but water purification tablets should too. if this was the case the tablets should be made pretty rare.

It might come to you as a surprise, but people who live in poor parts of the world (such as Chernarus) have considerably stronger immune systems. Simply because they are constantly exposed to some pathogens, yes they can still get sick, by far less likely or less severely than people from sanitized world.

Which is why constant use of antibacterial hand rub is a very bad idea. Your immune system will become "dormant" if does not have much to do. And than when the bad guys come knocking it will get caught with its pants down. And a simple flu will take you down for 2-3 weeks. Same goes for water. If all you drink is bottled water or heavily chlorine purified water than you don't need badly contaminated water to get sick, because your immune system will not be able to fight those puny pathogens. But if you were drinking water that is not 100% purified than your body will be able to handle some low life scum pathogens and it will take the tougher ones to make you sick. 

It might come to you as a surprise, but people who live in poor parts of the world (such as Chernarus) have considerably stronger immune systems. Simply because they are constantly exposed to some pathogens, yes they can still get sick, by far less likely or less severely than people from sanitized world.

Which is why constant use of antibacterial hand rub is a very bad idea. Your immune system will become "dormant" if does not have much to do. And than when the bad guys come knocking it will get caught with its pants down. And a simple flu will take you down for 2-3 weeks. Same goes for water. If all you drink is bottled water or heavily chlorine purified water than you don't need badly contaminated water to get sick, because your immune system will not be able to fight those puny pathogens. But if you were drinking water that is not 100% purified than your body will be able to handle some low life scum pathogens and it will take the tougher ones to make you sick. 

Makes sense, but for the sake of gameplay I don't think we should get this complicated in-game with it. Also, after several years of neglect, most of the water sources would probably contain the tougher pathogens in them by then. I understand your point but it just seems a bit to complicated for a simple video game.

I Want to Boil Water For
warmth
tea
Coffee
Purification
All of the Above ^_^

add a thermos to Keep it warm Longer LIke a insolated Canteen ^_^ Nice and Tosty in Towns Without the Risk of trying to Have fire and Standing still

Edited by NokyoOkami

Makes sense, but for the sake of gameplay I don't think we should get this complicated in-game with it. Also, after several years of neglect, most of the water sources would probably contain the tougher pathogens in them by then. I understand your point but it just seems a bit to complicated for a simple video game.

That's true, but we can't make every body of water seriously poisonous because fresh spawns will die before they find all the things needed to boil water. Quite often contaminated water can be smelled. 

Edited by General Zod

That's true, but we can't make every body of water seriously poisonous because fresh spawns will die before they find all the things needed to boil water. Quite often contaminated water can be smelled.

Although these third world countries are indeed used to some pathogens in their water , it does not make them invincible ... They still have frequent stomach cramps and diarrhea , probably throwing up and fevers occasionally if they drink from a really stagnant lake ..

So us survivors would hardly get used to it , id say if you chose to drink out of polluted rivers you'd have the smallest chance to get a disease (but it should still be a 25% chance or so) seeing as rivers are moving and naturally a little more sanitized , but if you were to drink out of a pond or lake your character should get very sick to the point of throwing up and maybe even get weaker so that he can't run until he heals from it .

Although it would be tough for freshspawns it would be more realsitic because like said before people like in Mexico are used to the small pathogens in water that make you have upset stomachs and such but when they drink from a water source with a pathogen their body is not used to (which can happen to anyone no matter how native they are to the polluted area) they will get flu-like sick for at least a short time .

Although these third world countries are indeed used to some pathogens in their water , it does not make them invincible ... They still have frequent stomach cramps and diarrhea , probably throwing up and fevers occasionally if they drink from a really stagnant lake ..

So us survivors would hardly get used to it , id say if you chose to drink out of polluted rivers you'd have the smallest chance to get a disease (but it should still be a 25% chance or so) seeing as rivers are moving and naturally a little more sanitized , but if you were to drink out of a pond or lake your character should get very sick to the point of throwing up and maybe even get weaker so that he can't run until he heals from it .

Although it would be tough for freshspawns it would be more realsitic because like said before people like in Mexico are used to the small pathogens in water that make you have upset stomachs and such but when they drink from a water source with a pathogen their body is not used to (which can happen to anyone no matter how native they are to the polluted area) they will get flu-like sick for at least a short time .

Not exactly third world in chernarus is it. 

As for getting used to, I safe to assume that we play citizens of chernarus and already have some immunity. And like I said yes there is still a chance to get sick, just not very high one. 

So yes small to moderate chance of poisoning from water depending on what you drink (running water or still, close to industrial area etc.) will be good, but let's not overdo it.