Glxlplk

Private servers

How does one go about gaining access to a DayZ Standalone 64 man private server? I would love to play with people who aren't random KOS'ers.

Edited by Glxlplk
  • Like 1

How does one go about gaining access to a DayZ Standalone 64 man private server? I would love to play with people who aren't random KOS'ers.

One does not simply go about gaining access to a 64 man private server.  One has to earn his way in.

On a more truthful note, there is no private servers.  

Search function is your friend.

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

Hey wiseguy Caboose- there is a  private server on the server list.

Search function is your friend

http://imgur.com/eNggQa6

Their coming soon (like everything else in this damn game) ... soon = anything from tomorow to a year

• Like 2

http://imgur.com/eNggQa6

Their coming soon (like everything else in this damn game) ... soon = anything from tomorow to a year

Only a year?

I envy your optimism

• Like 1

The prefix "Private" doesn't necessarily resemble anything. It can also be a server having problems connecting to the hive, not actually being a true private hive, as it would be news to me that those are actually available to anyone.

Note, that the experimental servers show "Private" as well, though they're connected in between as well.

rocket also tweeted about it to some russian RP guys....Personally i don't know why this isn't available already as it is something the community wants desperately yet we are all forced to play public hive. At this point i dont even want to play Standalone because of the KOS epidemic. Server hosts to add a password to their server...If password = on then public hive = off...How hard can that be?

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/488665162959036416

"Hello! We hope to have more tools for server admins ASAP. includes private hives & passwords"

Edited by AgentNe0

well if you are thinking of a private server as a server where you can loot and then connect to the public hive and wreck people

no.

this will never be there (at least not legit)

private hives though, where you have one character per server, and disconnected from the public hive, will come sometimes in the future, if its through mods or through the devs directly, the demand for them is pretty high

Edited by Zombo

Obviously, private hive means its not on the same as public hive, so people wouldn't hop between the two, I assumed everyone takes that as a given

Private hives would instantly solve ghosting and server hopping IMO...

but apparently there are an overwhelming number of people who don't like this idea.

Private hives would instantly solve ghosting and server hopping IMO...

but apparently there are an overwhelming number of people who don't like this idea.

their gonna do it anyway its pretty much been stated by the Devs privates will happen it's just a question of when, should have been there from the start. They probably want to get out of beta and main release beforehand, maybe testing their whole hive loot system bollocks. Anyway,,,just give server hosts the option to put a password. They are paying ridiculous amounts to host servers for a game they already paid to play (!)

their gonna do it anyway its pretty much been stated by the Devs privates will happen it's just a question of when, should have been there from the start.

Bingo

Edited by DeatHTaX

Anyway,,,just give server hosts the option to put a password. They are paying ridiculous amounts to host servers for a game they already paid to play (!)

No, not a good idea

No, not a good idea

Do elaborate, sir

No, not a good idea

If pass word = on

Public Hive = Off

So they wont be able to gather loot to use on public PVP servers.. Do you miss the point? They paid £20 to pay a game yet we are supposed to 'rent' a server that is nothing personal and has no rights...Why Don't BI just provide the server if we can't do anything with the server? Until they give private password hives the whole server system is a complete rip off.

Edited by AgentNe0

Nah, server performance has been too low to make them private. 

That being said, I wonder what the big deal is about a private server. If you take out the KOS element, the game would become a very boring running simulator. Imagine, being on that packed server full of guys running around waving at each other. I guess you could make swarms of people to help take out the zombie threat. That seems....wonderful. 

As for the guys who say they aren't playing SA now due to the KOS problem, I am shaking my head in confusion. What is the big deal if you get killed? Are you married to your pristine vest or something? Even if you in love with your gear, you can go hang out in 80% of the map and never see another player. As long as you avoid the hotspots, you will be fine.

Last night, as I'm stalking in Berez, I pause a bit while watching a movie on TV. I got shot and killed due to the distraction. This is not a big deal. I just hop back on the horse and do it again. I certainly am not crying about KOS.

• Like 1

Nah, server performance has been too low to make them private. 

That being said, I wonder what the big deal is about a private server. If you take out the KOS element, the game would become a very boring running simulator. Imagine, being on that packed server full of guys running around waving at each other. I guess you could make swarms of people to help take out the zombie threat. That seems....wonderful. 

As for the guys who say they aren't playing SA now due to the KOS problem, I am shaking my head in confusion. What is the big deal if you get killed? Are you married to your pristine vest or something? Even if you in love with your gear, you can go hang out in 80% of the map and never see another player. As long as you avoid the hotspots, you will be fine.

Last night, as I'm stalking in Berez, I pause a bit while watching a movie on TV. I got shot and killed due to the distraction. This is not a big deal. I just hop back on the horse and do it again. I certainly am not crying about KOS.

Your idea of what is fun is not the same as another persons, when you can realise that not everyone shares your opinions, then maybe you will have grown up

The game has deteriorated into nothing more than a PVP Deathmatch...

Edited by AgentNe0

If pass word = on

Public Hive = Off

So they wont be able to gather loot to use on public PVP servers.. Do you miss the point? They paid £20 to pay a game yet we are supposed to 'rent' a server that is nothing personal and has no rights...Why Don't BI just provide the server if we can't do anything with the server? Until they give private password hives the whole server system is a complete rip off.

yeah i would be ok with that, that psword makes the hive privat. but it sounded different way before :)

..//..

.If password = on then public hive = off...How hard can that be?

..//..

you also need a private hive for the server unless you want to newspawn each time you log in

how hard can that be ?

rocket also tweeted about it to some russian RP guys....Personally i don't know why this isn't available already as it is something the community wants desperately yet we are all forced to play public hive. At this point i dont even want to play Standalone because of the KOS epidemic. Server hosts to add a password to their server...If password = on then public hive = off...How hard can that be?

Because there need to be rules and someone needs to take care of this. It needs to be controlled, actions must be taken if abused, and so forth.

I don't know what your childhood consisted of, but just because you scream very loudly for something doesn't mean you get it immediately. Which is what you're basically saying above.

Thought needs to be put into it.

Not to mention the logistics behind the Database itself and the implementation of it. If you have an idea, please do share. If you have a system in place and done, please do share.

Edited by kichilron

you also need a private hive for the server unless you want to newspawn each time you log in

how hard can that be ?

not hard, works fine in the hundreds of day z mod servers.

Edited by AgentNe0

Because there need to be rules and someone needs to take care of this. It needs to be controlled, actions must be taken if abused, and so forth.

I don't know what your childhood consisted of, but just because you scream very loudly for something doesn't mean you get it immediately. Which is what you're basically saying above.

Thought needs to be put into it.

Not to mention the logistics behind the Database itself and the implementation of it. If you have an idea, please do share. If you have a system in place and done, please do share.

we are simply asking for a very basic function, which should be standard function in an online game. Lan / Private / Passworded server... None of these are available...

the system is in place as it is in the mod...Server have password, and come off the main hive..the player data stores in the server database, just like in the mod, this is the same engine, all the background is going to be the same, Same server hosts so similar set up...

Edit: Pm'ing you. had enough of this bs

Edited by AgentNe0

There are no SA PH's at this time, if a server has bypassed this in some way or other it is not official.
The time will come when there will be a limited PH system, you will have to wait until that time and the Dev's decide it is ready.