rrguy2000

Cars in Dayz Standalone

We currently have unrealistically high running speeds, no stamina and no weight system. The running is only going to get worse when these things are implemented, and there won't be a huge carpark full of shiny pristine SUVs for everyone like in Epoch, so you either get used to running or I suggest you find another game.

HOW MANY TIMES MUST IT BE SAID????

There are not a huge carpark full of shiny pristine SUVs in Epoch. Some server owners put tons of vehicles in and overstock the traders. 

Open private servers and you will have the exact same "100000000000000000000+ vehicles" SOME hosts add to their Epoch server.

• Like 1

I would rather have deseases and and having concequenses with being exposed to cold and rain

You say that, but you really don't want it. Even though it makes sense to get sick that'd just be a reason to disconnect from a server.

"Oh geez, I'm at Msta and I don't have goretex or an umbrella and have no other way to travel than on foot because cars don't exist. Time to sit in this house and play some video games while this storm blows over."

I like playing Arma with the weather effects, but making the rain actually give you a reason not to play at all isn't all that great of an idea.

• Like 2

I think we will discover some kind of tree-chopping glitch that allows you to fly around the map wherever you need to go before vehicles are finished :P

You say that, but you really don't want it. Even though it makes sense to get sick that'd just be a reason to disconnect from a server.

"Oh geez, I'm at Msta and I don't have goretex or an umbrella and have no other way to travel than on foot because cars don't exist. Time to sit in this house and play some video games while this storm blows over."

I like playing Arma with the weather effects, but making the rain actually give you a reason not to play at all isn't all that great of an idea.

Rain could actually break the game (for me at least) this way... I've been on servers where it had been raining for ten minutes, then stop, and a minute later start again for ten minutes. Honestly I'm not playing DayZ to sit in a shelter all day waiting for the rain to stop.

Well, if you dont like running around, this might not be a game for you.

Even with vehicles, 90% of all players will still be forced to run around, as we wont have 100's of vehicles per server, and some of the parts needed will, most likely, become globally controlled, meaning only a specific amount of parts will be in the game, and if someone else found it, you will have to steal it from them.

QFT

Once vehicles are added there will still be lots and lots of walking involved.

• Like 4

Yes I really want it, and as long as I have a possibility to make a campfire to dry me up, then getting a little exposed to rain isn't to bad because it can be fixed. Also, it's not that hard to find raincoaut and stuff, so I probably would prepare myself for the weather. Sometimes I may have to wait out some heavy rain, but it just makes this game alot more like a survival game. It wouldn't be like it's raining acid and that you never can go out in the rain wihtout dying, lol, but it will give you more to worry about and that is enough reason for me to play even more....

If anyone remember Namalsk in the mod, we had to make campfires all the time to keep us warm from the cold enviroment. But it didn't prevent us from traveling around as long as we took these small breaks to get warm, it just made it harder to survive. Im guessing rain in SA would be something similar, that gives us more survival challenges. The harder it gets to survive the elements the more I like it, means less KOS, more people team up to survive.

Edited by Kaboki

The sickness mechanics could do with a lot of refinement. There needs to be different types of illness with different causes, symptoms, effects and cures.

I'm hoping that once the game gets nearer to its finished state, players being almost permanently in "Healthy" status will be a distant memory. Survivors will be lumbering about the map carrying a variety of illnesses and injuries with them that slow them down and restrict/dictate their choices. Illness and injury should be part and parcel of the experience, and the rare, short-lived periods when you are fit and healthy will be a boom time that you treasure, make the most of and do your damnedest to maintain as long as possible.

Non-lethal illness and injury will make the game much more dynamic and interesting, giving variety to your gameplay experience over the course of your character's life, and also between different players.

• Like 1

QFT

yeah the vehicles on most servers in the Mod usually ended up being gobbled up and horded away by large clans. They are the only ones that can afford to have guards around the area almost 24/7 is why. Also they can scour the area's almost immediatly after a restart. My mod clan had in their base camp a helo, 2 urals,, 2 trucks, 3 cars, a bus, 4 atv's and 2 dirt bikes. With that we would actively hunt down and take/destroy any vehicle we didn't own to keep the advantage also.

We currently have unrealistically high running speeds, no stamina and no weight system. The running is only going to get worse when these things are implemented, and there won't be a huge carpark full of shiny pristine SUVs for everyone like in Epoch, so you either get used to running or I suggest you find another game.

This^. According to devs, we're running at ~30km/h right now. I cannot wait for these new features.  :)

QFT

Love it.

seriously

HOW MANY TIMES MUST IT BE SAID????

There are not a huge carpark full of shiny pristine SUVs in Epoch. Some server owners put tons of vehicles in and overstock the traders. 

Open private servers and you will have the exact same "100000000000000000000+ vehicles" SOME hosts add to their Epoch server.

Which is the majority of servers, and thus in reality = Epoch. So yes, there are carparks full of shiny pristine SUVs in Epoch and from the statements made by Epoch players here on the forum it is obvious that that is want they are used to and that is what they want in SA as well.

Which is the majority of servers, and thus in reality = Epoch. So yes, there are carparks full of shiny pristine SUVs in Epoch and from the statements made by Epoch players here on the forum it is obvious that that is want they are used to and that is what they want in SA as well.

The majority of Vanilla is unofficial not connected to the hive. So by your standards all of the mod is XXX+ vehicles, not just Epoch. 

Notice that word, "majority".  674 results for DayZ Vanilla in DayZCommander. Filter out the unofficial and I am left with 128. That means there are 546 unofficial which have likely changed the base rules of Vanilla in some manner. 

What you should probably say is that "this isn't a privately hosted server where the owner can choose to make it easier on  you." and just leave Epoch out of it. There are plenty of Vanilla servers with the same sins as Epoch servers.It's not the game mod that adds them in, it's the private owners. 

Even with like 100 vehicles on a server it's usually something like:

85 hidden all over the map. Forests, bushes etc. Mostly far away from spawn points and cities. 

5 being currently used.

8 sitting on their spawn points - completly ruined, require hours of collecting parts to repair them.

2 sitting in crowded places as bait, being covered by sniper fire.

Get used to running. Cars are loud, difficult to maintain and make you a target for everyone that can see or hear you.

• Like 1

I once found (on the mod) a car with a missing tire and with no fuel in Vyshnoye, south of Stary.

Me and my 3 friends wasted 3 hours (not kidding) trying to find the so needed tire and fuel, finding fuel was easy because we just had to look in the big barn up the road, but it took hours to find the tire. Me and one of my friends walked all the way over to Mogilevka while the other two were protecting the car. We actually found a tire in Mogilevka, but as we ran back to Vyshnoye, we heard shots, 3 guys wearing Ghillie suits were walking by and going to the car, they were almost there when my friend that stayed up on the hill with his sniper shot at them, we then tried to flank them and got them all, but apparently there was another one of them up at Zub and he killed my friend on the hill.

We ended up fixing the car as fast as we could, got in and drove away at full speed. We lost a sniper and the sniper damaged our Fuel tank, later that day the server restarted and the car got deleted, along with all the gear we had inside it.

It was the most fun I've had in months. It was incredibly fun going around, looking for the needed tire, looking in every lootable building, even the ones that didn't have Industrial gear, it's that feeling of "Who knows?" that drives you to walk for hours looking for something you need, and then having the opportunity to have a really cool firefight.

I'd like to have these moments again in Standalone, having less cars means that when you find one and you fight to fix it, you'll have so much fun and will be REALLY happy.

pls add 2 cars in map dean ok xoxo

I hope there will be support for user mods (like a mod that increases max num of vehicles and vehicle spawn points and spawn chance) so we don't have to deal with crap like limited car parts, running and trying to find them.

I hope there will be support for user mods (like a mod that increases max num of vehicles and vehicle spawn points and spawn chance) so we don't have to deal with crap like limited car parts, running and trying to find them.

"crap like limited car parts, running and trying to find them" 

I think you may be confusing this game for something that it is not currently nor will be in the future.

Vehicles are a really bad idea, the map is way to small. Imagine you can drive from east to west in less than 10 minutes, what would be the interest to play this game? Stupid PvP for 12 years old that just discovered how to jerk off? I heard they intend to put bicycles in game, I honestly think it's too early at this stage. If we had a 500km x 500km map I would understand that running for 5 days IRL is some pain in the ass but right now the only interest in this game is to move from the east hell and try to find some good gear in the west then do whatever goes through your mind. If I spawn in Novo, find a bike and 10 minutes later I'm near NWAF where is the thrill? It's all gone, you die, doesn't matter because you'll be back before the guy that killed you has the time to bandage himself. No please, no shortcuts like these until we have bigger maps, even then I'd like to have to walk for 2 or 3 days IRL to go from on side of the map to the other and face all the events, good or bad that I may encounter between those 2 points. Why not a train that goes from Berezino to NWAF in less than 2 minutes?

• Like 1

YEH like a freshspawn going to shoot at you down that desert track the noob will be in the field hiding from passing cars trying get back to there group . dont expect to carry all the vehicles and items you need without a squad , they will be balanced fuel cans , vehicle items , maybe vehicle repair kits to fix the random car spawns

dont expect to travel around the map on one tank of petrol , , and watch out for oil bandits hehe

its important to meet back up and re group

Edited by friendlypilot

hoping they come soon before chrismastime because me and machete master make the plan of start new job to fix the car and we collect tools and engine and new brakes and do service for all guys

do you guys want a hand with that?

Although I like the idea of finding and puzzeling parts together to create a functioning object (like the "full map") I think there are enough cars already in the game - all they need is more loot inside... ;o) 

The full running speed is way too high at the moment and it is already too easy to get from Point A to B across the map. I like to restrict myself to the "brisk walk" sometimes; works better for me to enjoy the landscape with all moving things in it and also gets me out of the "quick and hurry mode"a bit. The full running speed (around 30 kmh I think) would be  great for bicycles... that would still give an option to find stuff and work on a project for some time.

• Like 2

Although I like the idea of finding and puzzeling parts together to create a functioning object (like the "full map") I think there are enough cars already in the game - all they need is more loot inside... ;o) 

The full running speed is way too high at the moment and it is already too easy to get from Point A to B across the map. I like to restrict myself to the "brisk walk" sometimes; works better for me to enjoy the landscape with all moving things in it and also gets me out of the "quick and hurry mode"a bit. The full running speed (around 30 kmh I think) would be  great for bicycles... that would still give an option to find stuff and work on a project for some time.

You. I like you. I like the way you think. Have some beans.

I think that the running needed in dayz currently is insane so i think cars are needed badly. Does anyone know when cars will be added to the standalone.

Even when they add cars, like in the mod, they will be a holy gift from the dayz gods both sacred and beatiuful.

In other words you will still be doing a lot of running.

Vehicles are a really bad idea, the map is way to small. Imagine you can drive from east to west in less than 10 minutes, what would be the interest to play this game? Stupid PvP for 12 years old that just discovered how to jerk off? I heard they intend to put bicycles in game, I honestly think it's too early at this stage. If we had a 500km x 500km map I would understand that running for 5 days IRL is some pain in the ass but right now the only interest in this game is to move from the east hell and try to find some good gear in the west then do whatever goes through your mind. If I spawn in Novo, find a bike and 10 minutes later I'm near NWAF where is the thrill? It's all gone, you die, doesn't matter because you'll be back before the guy that killed you has the time to bandage himself. No please, no shortcuts like these until we have bigger maps, even then I'd like to have to walk for 2 or 3 days IRL to go from on side of the map to the other and face all the events, good or bad that I may encounter between those 2 points. Why not a train that goes from Berezino to NWAF in less than 2 minutes?

Vehicles are a key part of the game, the trick is to make them rare, difficult to maintain and a chore to fuel.

Edited by Bakermensch

Where the hell you gonna go with a car anyway?  Moscow?