ClintonJames

Print out of map?

What's the best way to look at the map if you don't have a second monitor?  Any recommend printouts?

I found this in a google search ;-) Not sure how old or if it is updated but you can research that yourself.

http://imgur.com/LDEgoKG

Edited by shallowtech

I found this in a good search ;-) Not sure how old or if it is updated but you can research that yourself.

http://imgur.com/LDEgoKG

That's the mod map. Won't do him much good.

http://www.dayzdb.com/map#4.026.037

Put this url in steam settings as default website for your ingame webbrowser.

Siply pres shift tab, open your webbrowser once and from that point during the gaming session you have an easy interactive map acces trough shift tab, just one button more as the M button from dayZ mod :p

That is how I do it.

http://www.dayzdb.com/map#4.026.037

Put this url in steam settings as default website for your ingame webbrowser.

Siply pres shift tab, open your webbrowser once and from that point during the gaming session you have an easy interactive map acces trough shift tab, just one button more as the M button from dayZ mod :P

That is how I do it.

Nice brother, i did not even know you could do that!

I literally print screened both halves of the dayzdb map then printed out each on an a4 and stuck them together.

• Like 1

On Android, there is an map on the play store called, iZurvive. I definitely recommend checking it out. Plenty of neat features.

Yes it is free. As for IOs I'm not sure.

Second monitor ftw :) too many changes to the map to keep printing it, but for basic navigation it's fine I guess.

But once the game is finished it would be nice to have a large printable map, or perhaps one you can order as merchandise. (which they may not do since it defeats the purpose og the in game map)

I literally print screened both halves of the dayzdb map then printed out each on an a4 and stuck them together.

Haha, never thought about googling DayZ map? :p 2 different popular interactive maps will pop up right away. Also checkout DayZ overlay, has quick buttons to medical guides and more.

Haha, never thought about googling DayZ map? :P 2 different popular interactive maps will pop up right away. Also checkout DayZ overlay, has quick buttons to medical guides and more.

I have an a3 map printed out with all the place names. That's all I need. I know where the loot is.

What would I need to google exactly?

Edited by freethink

I use my tablet off to the side because my oldest son took my second monitor.

The good news is I have a 27" high def monitor to make me feel better.

I have an a3 map printed out with all the place names. That's all I need. I know where the loot is.

What would I need to google exactly?

I don't use it for the loot either, just so that I have a map at hand, I use the DayZ database map wich only updates the stable version, I mostly play on experimental so most loot and towns aren't even on the map. I just need the roads :)

I don't use it for the loot either, just so that I have a map at hand, I use the DayZ database map wich only updates the stable version, I mostly play on experimental so most loot and towns aren't even on the map. I just need the roads :)

If you have a printed map then you don't have to alt tab or bring up the overlay. The print out I use is dayzdb but just the map and place names. I've also got a couple of paper maps of local areas for sniping purposes.

I think you completely misunderstood what I said earlier when you said "haha, never thought about googling DayZ map? :P" in reply to me saying "I literally print screened both halves of the dayzdb map then printed out each on an a4 and stuck them together."

Also what's the name of this thread?

Edited by freethink

If you have a printed map then you don't have to alt tab or bring up the overlay. The print out I use is dayzdb but just the map and place names. I've also got a couple of paper maps of local areas for sniping purposes.

I think you completely misunderstood what I said earlier when you said "haha, never thought about googling DayZ map? :P" in reply to me saying "I literally print screened both halves of the dayzdb map then printed out each on an a4 and stuck them together."

Also what's the name of this thread?

I read the titel, but also what the person in question asked and answered to that.

I'm just giving a shout out for the app Izurvive aswell for ipad/iphone or most smartphones.. It has a variety of maps and a pretty up to date standalone map in normal or satellite mode. You can never get lost with that at your disposal, it shows everything you need to navigate Chernarus. I get that having a real map next to you may feel more realistic and fun but you can't beat the Izurvive app for an easy instant HD map. Depending on how long you have been playing Arma2/Dayz you may already know the map like the back of your hand but there will come a time when it's invaluable.

Stay alive.

What's the best way to look at the map if you don't have a second monitor?  Any recommend printouts?

I actually purchased the Cherno map from Bohemia, not much good now since it has none of the recent stuff up north on it, still a nice souvenier.  For awhile I was using the iZurvive map on my iPad.  They keep the cherno + map regularly updated.

You are aware that you can craft a full sized cherno+ map in game right?  Just combine an E & W or N & S map and you get a pristine map of Cherno in all it's glory.

Edited by Barnabus

On Android, there is an map on the play store called, iZurvive. I definitely recommend checking it out. Plenty of neat features.

Yes it is free. As for IOs I'm not sure.

Also on iOS