Sign in to follow this  
frosti

Anti-Hack (Steam)

Hackers usually have only 1 game on their Steam account to minimize his loses in case of ban.

Segregate people then.

Steam with 60 Euro worth of games - can play only on high hacker risk servers

Steam with 120 Euro worth of games - can play on servers with medium hacker risk servers

Steam with 180 Euro worth of games - can play on servers with low hacker risk

Now Steam accounts with 60Euro worth of games can join medium hacker server risk servers if they are not detected cheating for 2 months and low hacker server risk servers if they are not caught cheating for 4 months. Similar with Steam with 120 Euro worth of games.

• Like 2

And why only 180 Euro? Why not 500 Euro? Or 1000?

How do you count the game price? Actual price on steam? I have some games on Steam that I didn't bought online, how do you know, what was the price?

I hate hackers, but why should we punish people who only plays DayZ and don't have other games?

• Like 7

i know people who have been buying boxed games for twenty years, as a principle, because they like to have the box on the shelf, the physical connection to the medium. they usually have only one or two games in origin, uplay or steam, only because that one game was so convincing and offered no alternative that they had to install that dedicated game-distribution client.

Punish them? yes, really genius.

• Like 4

How do you determine server risk levels?

I bought this game on Steam and expect to be able to play like everyone else and be treated fair and equal.

• Like 3

How about they just advertise this genius idea of yours!

Buy the game, but if you do not have at least 180,- Euros worth of games on your steam account you are only allowed to play on servers with hackers.

In other words they are allowing hacked servers so you buy more games on steam  <_<

• Like 4

Segregate people then.

Pretty sure we've tried this before.. 

See people, This is why we have to take history classes at school. 

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

• Like 5

I have 400e steam worth,so basically i shouldn't see a hacker ever,but i'm gonna get fucked by him sooner or later,so......

Or how about we do this: 1) DayZ nickname is linked to your STEAM account nickname.

2) Once you get killed a message pops up that says who killed you.

Granted, some problems may arise with the 2nd feature - false accusations, people getting butthurt and spamming messages etc. 

Also, how do you differentiate between high-medium-low risk servers?

Either way, can't wait till private servers are up.  

I mean... my steam account is worth 1000+ Euros, I think that punishing people that can't buy many games is kind of unfair.

• Like 1

Hackers usually have only 1 game on their Steam account to minimize his loses in case of ban.

Segregate people then.

Steam with 120 Euro worth of games - can play on servers with medium hacker risk servers

Now Steam accounts with 60Euro worth of games can join medium hacker server risk servers if they are not detected cheating for 2 months and low hacker server risk servers if they are not caught cheating for 4 months. Similar with Steam with 120 Euro worth of games.

I hear ya, brah.  Shite servers and haXX0rs for the poor people - it's the future!

Edited by alphadogmeat
  • Like 3

Good idea in theory.

Not practical IRL. Even if it's done completely behind the scenes. Not that they could hide this system from the public anyway.

Criminals are usually two steps ahead of the people chasing them. Hackers would find a workaround, I'd bet.

Steam: "Hi! Buy our games! If you buy enough of our games you are less likely to have your experience ruined by hackers!"

Me: "Time to go back to consoles, swtor, and wow, I guess."

Not appealing at all. This system would not help me at all. Dayz SA is the only game I play on steam and I don't cheat at games.

Many gamers,including myself,usually buy retail and not online.

The only game that made me bother use my Steam account was DayZ.

Besides,the proposed system is not equal to both low budget and high budget gamers.

Who are we to decide which server the player plays,judging soley on the account value?

Imo i would be very pissed if i saw something like that implemented.It's pure discrimination.

• Like 1

troll level: frosty. MILLuYS.gif

It would be smarter to check the amount of games instead of the pricing, because some people only buy deal games and under 5 buck games and may have bought dayZ as the only higher priced game.
I do like where this is going though.

Segregate people then.

I don't think this is the way to go.  Instead of splitting people into different 'risk of hackers' servers, how about you flag accounts that are suspicious like the ones you described.  If the people on them are normal players, they probably won't get reported for hacking.  If they are hackers and they get reported, they will get bans faster than accounts that are not flagged as suspicious.