Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

[Discovery] Unfinished Military Compound

Coordinates: 109 019

Build: Stable 0.46.124490

This Unfinished Military Compound is literally right down the street from NEAF and is new to the 0.46.124490 build.

If you follow the road west out of this complex it will take you to the Unfinished Gas Station that our research teams have recently published film on. Found here:

These barracks are new models. Our research is unclear if they will replace the old low-rise barrack models or not. No collision on the walls so players can walk through them. At this time, no loot is spawning within the barracks.

Thanks for watching!

30cpz09.jpg

• Like 1

not a military compound, already been discovered.

Im sure they can fit atleast 10 more military camps into the map, they are even designing new buildings so having 20 military camps doesnt get boring.

Absolutely incorrect. Learn English.

In military science, a compound is a type of fortification made up of walls or fences surrounding several buildings in the center of a large piece of land.

The walls can either serve the purpose of being tall, thick, and impenetrable, in which case they would be made of wood, stone, or some other like substance; or dangerous to attempt to scale, in which case they could be made of barbed wire or electrified.

Compounds can be designed to double as living spaces and military structures in the middle of hostile territory or as a military area within a country's territory.

GIS Turkish Military Compound…3rd pic on the right. Pretty similar.

fnux4p.jpg

Is it so hard to understand that when I write Discovery that it doesn't mean I'm the first? I thought we cleared this up in the Devil's Church thread where you liked Macdeath's post. You know, the guy who was killing your medic teams? I always thought it was odd you would give him beans under any circumstance. Maybe it was you all along that was Macdeth's mole? 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/183952-hunting-and-executing-medics-lol/?p=1897690

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/183952-hunting-and-executing-medics-lol/?p=1903199

Explanation of the Discovery Series. See post #6:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/199848-discovery-devils-church/

Edited by Weyland Yutani

That compound has been there since release, if not, then the first patch.  It just had different buildings there ones you couldn't enter

That compound has been there since release, if not, then the first patch.  It just had different buildings there ones you couldn't enter

It did not have different buildings as it had only ONE building.

It was not a compound until 0.46. By definition a compound must have several buildings and not just one as seen in the 0.45 build below.

j157bb.jpg

you guys are so pumped right now, you should meet up and pump some sausage to take out some of that built up angst man, jeez, the guys jus sayin he found some shit... i would say cant you guys all be friendly, then i realised there is a mere fractional chance any dayz player is friendly in game or IRL lol

• Like 1

It did not have different buildings as it had only ONE building.

It was not a compound until 0.46. By definition a compound must have several buildings and not just one as seen in the 0.45 build below.

j157bb.jpg

Eh, doesn't matter, my point is still valid.  That place was there, just a different building setup than it has now.

Eh, doesn't matter, my point is still valid.  That place was there, just a different building setup than it has now.

Eh, it does matter, your point is invalid. The compound wasn't there like you said it was, now your using "place"...which is it...compound or place or are you going to change your "point" the next time you get intellectually cornered?

And its not a building setup, its building's...plural. Singular is not plural, which is why there never was a compound there. There is now a setup of buildings.

What separates us from the beasts is communication, you can't rewrite English to make a point. Learn English and use it properly, not a big deal guy.

If you want to use an illogical form of logic you can say everything was there when nothing was there.

For instance, the town they removed that's northwest of NWAF and above Lopatino. It has a lonely water pump there. When the town is surrounding it and was discovered...to someone like you...it was always there because the pump was there.

In military science, a compound is a type of fortification made up of walls or fences surrounding several buildings in the center of a large piece of land.

The walls can either serve the purpose of being tall, thick, and impenetrable, in which case they would be made of wood, stone, or some other like substance; or dangerous to attempt to scale, in which case they could be made of barbed wire or electrified.

Compounds can be designed to double as living spaces and military structures in the middle of hostile territory or as a military area within a country's territory.

fnux4p.jpg

Is it so hard to understand that when I write Discovery that it doesn't mean I'm the first? I thought we cleared this up in the Devil's Church thread where you liked Macdeath's post. You know, the guy who was killing your medic teams? I always thought it was odd you would give him beans under any circumstance. Maybe it was you all along that was Macdeth's mole? 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/183952-hunting-and-executing-medics-lol/?p=1897690

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/183952-hunting-and-executing-medics-lol/?p=1903199

First of all, I mean Hicks said it was only and primarily a CIVILIAN/RESIDENTIAL COMPOUND, THAT SPAWNS CIVILIAN/RESIDENTIAL LOOT.

Second of all, just because I AGREE with someone's OPINION doesn't mean I AGREE with someone's ACTIONS.

DO NOT accuse me of disloyalty to prove your "point". I honestly couldn't give two shits, because I guess every person I've bandaged up after they get shot in the fuckin' face means nothing. It's PETY, it's CHILDISH, and it's downright ignorant.

• Like 1

First of all, I mean Hicks said it was only and primarily a CIVILIAN/RESIDENTIAL COMPOUND, THAT SPAWNS CIVILIAN/RESIDENTIAL LOOT.

Second of all, just because I AGREE with someone's OPINION doesn't mean I AGREE with someone's ACTIONS.

DO NOT accuse me of disloyalty to prove your "point". I honestly couldn't give two shits, because I guess every person I've bandaged up after they get shot in the fuckin' face means nothing. It's PETY, it's CHILDISH, and it's downright ignorant.

Guppy, you can swear all you want like it means anything on the internet. Your tough now because your swearing over the internet…watch out for Guppy, tough guy over here! I see your posts and you have a constant attitude. I could care less about you or what you do. Bold up all the words you want but at the end of the day the service you do keeps DayZ players at a basic level. This a a game/sim of progression is it not?

Speculation is a form if ignorance, doesn't mean it doesn't have value, that is...if you know the definition of ignorance. If I was you and a group was terrorizing what I do I would never agree with him/them openly and I'm not out of the ordinary. So yeah, when they talked about a mole and you got super heated it almost looks like you were covering your mole tracks. If I'm wrong I apologize. Maybe just stick to healing no0bs and bambi's and leave the discoveries to someone else.

I don't care what you said Hicks said, those are barracks. It has a watchtower and is close to the military base. Military watchtower, close to military base, military style barracks…what else do you need…the words military compound spray painted on the walls?

Here are the same barracks on dayztv:

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-46-new-military-barrack-dayz-standalone/

See that? Military Barrack. Why don't you be consistent and sign up to dayztv and leave them a comment about how you know it all.

Take care now Guppy.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

Guppy, you can swear all you want like it means anything on the internet. Your tough now because your swearing over the internet…watch out for Guppy, tough guy over here! I see your posts and you have a constant attitude. I could care less about you or what you do. Bold up all the words you want but at the end of the day the service you do keeps DayZ players at a basic level. This a a game/sim of progression is it not?

Speculation is a form if ignorance, doesn't mean it doesn't have value, that is...if you know the definition of ignorance. If I was you and a group was terrorizing what I do I would never agree with him/them openly and I'm not out of the ordinary. So yeah, when they talked about a mole and you got super heated it almost looks like you were covering your mole tracks. If I'm wrong I apologize. Maybe just stick to healing no0bs and bambi's and leave the discoveries to someone else.

I don't care what you said Hicks said, those are barracks. It has a watchtower and is close to the military base. Military watchtower, close to military base, military style barracks…what else do you need…the words military compound spray painted on the walls?

Here are the same barracks on dayztv:

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-46-new-military-barrack-dayz-standalone/

See that? Military Barrack. Why don't you be consistent and sign up to dayztv and leave them a comment about how you know it all.

Take care now Guppy.

Let me pick this apart.

Calling people out for being blunt in a blunt way is a surefire way to look like a hypocrite. My punctuality, my bluntness, or my "Attitude" shouldn't be mistaken for me being "mean" to you. Not to mention how you "bolded up" your own words. By the way, I am more than a medic. I've made several teaching guides and compilations in my time here that I can assume and only hope have helped improve the skill of the lower level player base. Swearing is blunt, love it or ignore it because I don't give a single

-wait for it-

shit.

Did I not just ask you to not "call me out" on a completely unrelated topic that retains to this in no way, shape or form, besides for some very distant relation that boils down to you being butt-hurt about someone's opinion? Not to mention, a "discovery" is considered a new find, and I find it arrogant that you claim yourself such the explorer when you yourself haven't found anything that is new to anyone but yourself. It's as if your only way to stay "relevant" is to have some sort of appreciation from your fellow man, no matter how unoriginal and copied it is.

I was referring to LOOT TABLES. As I said before, they are civilian loot tables, and won't replace barracks in any way!

My opinions and punctuality should not be mistaken for arrogance. Though easy to mistake, it is a matter of maturity and perception.

Seems like a legit response.. lets see how the  OP handles it... 

fnux4p.jpg

Nevermind.  :o

• Like 1

Let me pick this apart.

Calling people out for being blunt in a blunt way is a surefire way to look like a hypocrite. My punctuality, my bluntness, or my "Attitude" shouldn't be mistaken for me being "mean" to you. Not to mention how you "bolded up" your own words. By the way, I am more than a medic. I've made several teaching guides and compilations in my time here that I can assume and only hope have helped improve the skill of the lower level player base. Swearing is blunt, love it or ignore it because I don't give a single

-wait for it-

shit.

Did I not just ask you to not "call me out" on a completely unrelated topic that retains to this in no way, shape or form, besides for some very distant relation that boils down to you being butt-hurt about someone's opinion? Not to mention, a "discovery" is considered a new find, and I find it arrogant that you claim yourself such the explorer when you yourself haven't found anything that is new to anyone but yourself. It's as if your only way to stay "relevant" is to have some sort of appreciation from your fellow man, no matter how unoriginal and copied it is.

I was referring to LOOT TABLES. As I said before, they are civilian loot tables, and won't replace barracks in any way!

My opinions and punctuality should not be mistaken for arrogance. Though easy to mistake, it is a matter of maturity and perception.

Guppy, your very disrespectful to posters on a regular basis. Today is no different. Not sure what's bugging you in your life that you have to post in such a negative fashion to get your jollies, but to onlookers it does look pretty sad. The "wait for it bit"...really?

Like I said before in the other thread: the Discovery series isn't about being first its about helping others discover something that they wouldn't have otherwise. There are some things I've discovered first but I'm not going for that. The problem here is your communication level is limited, your getting frustrated and erroneously calling people arrogant. "Discovery" is indeed sometimes considered a new find, but like all words in the English language, there are other defining points worth mentioning.

discover  (dɪˈskʌvə)   vb

1. to be the first to find or find out about: Fleming discovered penicillin

2. to learn about or encounter for the first time; realize: she discovered the pleasures of wine

3. to find after study or search: I discovered a leak in the tank

4. to reveal or make known

If the word discover only had the first defining point, you might have legs to stand on, but it doesn't and you don't. Your only focusing on the 1, but there is also the 2, 3 & 4. I'm utilizing 2-4 and on occasion the 1. See what's happening here is, for some reason your dimly focused on one part of a definition and I'm focusing on three parts of a definition. If you think I'm arrogant for looking at the entire definition of a word instead of one single solitary facet, I honestly feel sorry for you that you are only capable of looking at things in such a one-sided fashion. I can see how this might frustrate you which is why you lash out on a regular basis.

A lot of people will never find the caves or the excavation site or the gas station or etc and they get to do so remotely. It's not about being first and as we just mentioned, its just about discovering it entirely. For the record, wanting to be first is about as arrogant as one could be. "Oo look at me, I'm the best because it's 7:25 am on a Wed and I have a tricked out AKM with all the fixings..better get this up so Guppy knows I'm first." Are you kidding me? And yes, I get feedback from a lot of folks saying that they never knew about such and such a thing until they saw my presentation of it.

I do appreciate the effort, but I don't need the color coordination. I'm smart enough to understand posting order. Before I forget, I meant to say cap all the words you want, not bold. My mistake.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

Eh, it does matter, your point is invalid. The compound wasn't there like you said it was, now your using "place"...which is it...compound or place or are you going to change your "point" the next time you get intellectually cornered?

And its not a building setup, its building's...plural. Singular is not plural, which is why there never was a compound there. There is now a setup of buildings.

What separates us from the beasts is communication, you can't rewrite English to make a point. Learn English and use it properly, not a big deal guy.

If you want to use an illogical form of logic you can say everything was there when nothing was there.

For instance, the town they removed that's northwest of NWAF and above Lopatino. It has a lonely water pump there. When the town is surrounding it and was discovered...to someone like you...it was always there because the pump was there.

My point is still valid, it doesn't matter if there is 1 building or 4, that place/compound/newstand/shoe shine hut might be different, but the lay out is the same. 

The concrete slab that is under the 1 building that was originally there or 4 buildings is the same.

The wall around the place is the same.

The guard tower is the same.

That area was always there.

I happened upon that thing as well today... It's obviously not done yet, though. Nothing spawns there and the walls of the buildings aren't actually there (you can walk through them) and the doors don't work.

[Just realised you already mentioned this] Found another weird thing just 100 or 200 meters from there though, if you follow down the road out back of that "compound", in the middle of the meadow to the right there's something that resembles a gas station... it looks horribly out of place.

Edited by James Hawke

Found another weird thing just 100 or 200 meters from there though, if you follow down the road out back of that "compound", in the middle of the meadow to the right there's something that resembles a gas station... it looks horribly out of place.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/202680-discovery-unfinished-gas-station/

^ That's what you're referring to. The coordinates I came up with don't match Weyland's though... mine were more like [099 019].

• Like 1

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/202680-discovery-unfinished-gas-station/

^ That's what you're referring to. The coordinates I came up with don't match Weyland's though... mine were more like [099 019].

Yup, that's exactly it. I'm still wondering why it's there - there's no road on that meadow and honestly I don't think there should be one... There's already a road a few dozen meters south of it and the train tracks a few dozen meters to the north...

Yup, that's exactly it. I'm still wondering why it's there - there's no road on that meadow and honestly I don't think there should be one... There's already a road a few dozen meters south of it and the train tracks a few dozen meters to the north...

I don't get it either. Perhaps they were working on it there for some reason before "picking it up and moving it" (so to speak) to an existing area and included it in the build by accident. Even that theory doesn't really make any sense though :p