Sign in to follow this  
Knight05 (DayZ)

Heli crash sites fixed after maintenance?

As title says are heli crashes fixed yet since the maintenance last night?  I have been unable to find one after 4 hrs on stable or experimental and am wondering if anyone else has legitly found one on stable/hardcore OR experimental since LAST NIGHT's maintenance, please post here saying so. Because I have spent like 7 hrs checking so far and nada. And I think it's sorta crazy they havent fixed it yet in over a week.

They're probably inserting the new models already, or maybe the crash sites are bugged at the moment, who knows. I have a feeling it's because they're putting the new models in because the dev's said a while back that it was a place holder at the moment. A little patience never hurts   ;)

walked many a mile in the last two days and nada so I'd say nope at the moment

I found a flashbang on a dead guy, so maybe?

That means nothing, they could have it before the bug. 

I am still running around with my fully pristine m4 from when they still spawned at the barracks.

the crashes are still there but they use the new super secret army chopper

l8ckfu.jpg

Edited by Munson_fry

I really wish a dev would just acknowledge this isn't working since it's not even on the bug tracker after 10 bug submissions. These keep ignoring it week to week and it's a pretty big deal, not game breaking mind you but stupid never-the-less.

• Like 1

would love if there would be some word from the devs, wheter they are working or not. i wasted like 20 hours last week trying to look for Crash sites. time could have been spent better then! Feeling slightly trolled!

also NO INFO BOUT BUGGED WALKIE TALKIE!

Edited by brumey

would love if there would be some word from the devs, wheter they are working or not. i wasted like 20 hours last week trying to look for Crash sites. time could have been spent better then! Feeling slightly trolled!

Some fanatic walked the map and too all the pre update sites and drew a map of where he had been -  or had he. None the less, if that's true and people went around the map like that wasting their time and effort, you would have thought that the DEVs would at least say something about it. That's kind of lame imo.

• Like 1

Some fanatic walked the map and too all the pre update sites and drew a map of where he had been -  or had he. None the less, if that's true and people went around the map like that wasting their time and effort, you would have thought that the DEVs would at least say something about it. That's kind of lame imo.

I've even posted on their twitter feed, PMD them and done multiple threads in the hopes they would get the word and 0 acknowledgement. It's starting to make me lose faith in the dev team. After 2 weeks you think someone would at the very least ACKNOWLEDGE this is broken even though we know it is and let us know an eta to a fix. 2 weeks is a bit rediculous.

maybe they are spending their time trying to figure out whats broken with the chopper crashes instead of wasting time responding to every pm/bug report they recieved.

• Like 3

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/29wn6j/are_heli_crashsites_spawning/

no idea if it's been fixed

It hasn't been fixed but on reddit they acknowledged it saying it should be working on experimental now even though it isn't and that it will be fixed soon and they are also adding tents by the end of this month to experimental for storage. 

Exactly what i thought was wrong, happened. The supposed spawning police car thing now is cancelling out heli crashes and if one spawns the other doesn't period.

I will say it's amazing how we kind of fluctuate on our feels for the game at times. Sometimes, you just feel like you love the game, and it's getting better every minute, and other times you think the developers are still on spring break and have no intention of ever returning. Some will always hate, and some will always love, but those of us in the middle, we can cover both emotions pretty quickly at times.

• Like 1

hey there. couldnt test it on the Weekend!

STILL NO HELI CRASH SITES! can anybody confirm? if not. i ll take the 5 hour trip today to chack all of the Crash sites! last Thing they said bout the heli crashes "Crash sites shoudl be on experimental"

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=13927 plz vote here!

Edited by brumey

No word on crash sites....come on devs. Fix this broken alpha!!!!!

Clearly the definition of 'alpha' has eluded you.

In response to the thread, I haven't seen any crash sites in stable since last update so I am assuming for now it's a 'no'.

I've even posted on their twitter feed, PMD them and done multiple threads in the hopes they would get the word and 0 acknowledgement. It's starting to make me lose faith in the dev team. After 2 weeks you think someone would at the very least ACKNOWLEDGE this is broken even though we know it is and let us know an eta to a fix. 2 weeks is a bit rediculous.

you honestly think they have the staff or the time to sit there and answer every single message, demand, suggestion or moan about dayz they probably get flooding in every second? No, so just Because they don't answer you should be a positive thing because instead they are spending their time constructivley trying to fix the game & they are probably already aware of the issues you messaged them about because about 5000 people have probably already told them first. Remember thaere are over 12 million people playing Dayz, do you think you have enough time in the day to sit there and answer every other person just like you with the same questions over and over and over? or would you prefer to get stuck in and get the game fixed so the messages stop?

Edited by archamedes

You only spent 20 hours? Wow... I sure wish the devs would chime in.

+1. Bugged walkie talkie for sure, which is annoying and disappointing. 

you honestly think they have the staff or the time to sit there and answer every single message, demand, suggestion or moan about dayz they probably get flooding in every second? No, so just Because they don't answer you should be a positive thing because instead they are spending their time constructivley trying to fix the game & they are probably already aware of the issues you messaged them about because about 5000 people have probably already told them first. Remember thaere are over 12 million people playing Dayz, do you think you have enough time in the day to sit there and answer every other person just like you with the same questions over and over and over? or would you prefer to get stuck in and get the game fixed so the messages stop?

Most companies have a person or small department committed to social media and customer service. I think that if they had one, it'd be well met.

Edited by tootights

true but what I hear, Deans team is already streached to the limit.

Personally I think Dean does a good job trying to keep us up to date with what is going on & even he can't make promises he isn't sure he can keep. After all in hind sight its easy for him to publically announce that the issue WILL be fixed in 2 days. only to find that the issue is a lot more complicated, then everyone starts bitching because he lied and they now lose faith in the game because the big Dean Hall promised us it would be fixed and it isn't. his team must be playing paintball instead of working on the game I want to play. They need to pull their weight because im not happy that i cant sit here all day and all night every day going "pew pew pew" with my other mates to a game i want fixed.

This may be a bit of an exaggeration of course but its how I see a lot of inpatient people on game forums sometimes. They want it fixed and they want it fixed yesterday, because in 1982 you could make a game in 5 weeks, so why cant you do it now?

Edited by archamedes

Can someone tell me how the crash sites work? Are they like the mod where they're a burning wreck and gear scattered around it along with zombies? Do they also just spawn in fields or are woods included now?