Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

Merged thread is merged... nothing to see here.

Ive been sitting back reading all these posts about killing players and those that hunt killers and protect other players..

I had an idea.

But then I lost it... oh well. o.O

Edited by lrish
  • Like 3

Unfortunately most players don't read these forums, while a cute idea - just like the UN vests and helmets were - it won't work.

• Like 1

Unfortunately most players don't read these forums, while a cute idea - just like the UN vests and helmets were - it won't work.

Im creating a link to Reddit also. :)

And speaking of cute..

4-the-cutest-cat-ever-jpg.jpg

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Not cute, those are the eyes of pure evil. The devil and firey pits if hell rest behind them.

• Like 1

what do you mean UN vests and Helmets dont work?

• Like 1

The idea was that people who would wear the UN vest and helmet would be friendly or wouldn't KOS. But that didn't work.

If you look very closely on the helmet, there is a message engraved in the bright blue paint that says 'Kill me'.

Also, the clearest possible way would be to just leave a note.

Saying "Smile for the crosshairs."

Good call.

• Like 2

Also, the clearest possible way would be to just leave a note.

Blah, the note mechanics are not very effective. You can't walk up to a note and tell if it has been written on without picking it up to inspect. It should change description once it's written on, something like 'hand-written note' vs 'blank paper'. 

None of this is worth the effort on servers that reset every little while. Also, any item placed in the middle of the road should be viewed as a trap. The minute you go to inspect the item, you get popped by a sniper. No thanks.

Edited by randomspawn

Notes are no more dangerous to leave on the side of the road than any other object, except leaving you exposed IF you decide to read it. But it has the advantage of BEING ABLE to read it...

Edited by Bruce of Wayne

I like the idea of useless items or near useless..

shoes for example would be easy for most anyone to leave behind to warn others.. 

The note is bad IMO, it requires more time and effort involved, and worse opens doors to abuse the tactic. An item in the road can be spotted from a distance and is in no way exploitable by those that it would warn against..

..unless they go around and pick them up.. but then they have to expose themselves. ;)

See the beauty in its simplicity? 

Always thought signs would make an excellent addition to DayZ.

I've used this example before, mostly in the context of discussion regarding player construction and/or control of territory, but imagine coming up along a roadblock adorned with bones, skulls, and bodies, with a few signs painted "KEEP OUT."

It can work both ways, it can be used by bandits to intimidate... and can be used by survivors to warn of bandits operating in the area.

In my opinion, it can't be something as forgettable as a note. It has to be pretty dern visible.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Always thought signs would make an excellent addition to DayZ.

I've used this example before, mostly in the context of discussion regarding player construction and/or control of territory, but imagine coming up along a roadblock adorned with bones, skulls, and bodies, with a few signs painted "KEEP OUT."

It can work both ways, it can be used by bandits to intimidate... and can be used by survivors to warn of bandits operating in the area.

In my opinion, it can't be something as forgettable as a note. It has to be pretty dern visible.

Picket sign note? Lol

If you are playing as a hero, collecting flares and dropping before "danger zones" would be a good alert system.

Of course, anything you can drop can be taken away so bandits may well remove these flares.

An idea none the less.

The word would spread quickly that this is a signal to warn others that bandits are in that town, 

Romantic, but pointless.

Yeah, Merged! 

I almost didnt sleep last night waiting for this moment.. 

..but pointless.

Your post you mean... or? ;)

Well its pretty damn pointless unless your on somekinda roleplaying server and assuming there aint players trolling the roleplayers.

Ha! Your idea.

Players keep moving around. And hardly no one sticks around to villages, towns and cities unless it's something like Berezino where there's pretty much always someone. I doubt majority of people use roads anyway. So therefore, leaving random items in to a random spot on a road in front of a town with bandits sounds nice. But it's pointless.

Well its pretty damn pointless unless your on somekinda roleplaying server and assuming there aint players trolling the roleplayers.

#DayZRP

#whitelistonly

If you look very closely on the helmet, there is a message engraved in the bright blue paint that says 'Kill me'.

So this explains why i never die as fast as when i put on my "Blue Carebear Gear" :D