MatchboxChick

Afraid to go on

Anyone else think this thread is so popular just because its a female gamer? Cx

Abso-fucking-lutely...

• Like 2

I like mosin ammo... but not willing to risk a meet up to trade as I trust no one...

Yeah, you're worse off than MatchboxChick, unfortunately. Let me guess, you get really nervous and the adrenaline starts pumping when you see another player which leads to the inevitable killing on sight that we are so fond of. The game is about taking risks occasionally to get the things you need, but everyone has their own way of playing the game, and I won't condemn you for sticking to your guns. Hopefully you'll meet some people that you can trust, if you even want to meet said people. :)

As soon as I added her she went offline so not yet. :P And thanks! :D

You're welcome. Yeah, I think perhaps being scared to move and the unsettling feelings you get when you're alone was enough to call it a day. When I am alone I'm usually looking over my shoulder every chance I get only to sit in one spot a little way from airfields looking out through my LRS observing the actions of players to determine whether they are friendly or not. I happened to notice two guys who were looting completely different buildings, I approached one of them to ask if they were friendly and let him know there was one other person that I saw on the airfield. I took a chance and came in with my gun put away. Shortly after, the other guy was just around the building and shots were being fired. He frantically shouted that he was friendly and I told him to quickly get inside with his weapon put away. We waited in there for a while before finally getting into a TeamSpeak and played for roughly a month and a half until we stopped playing DayZ. I needed a break and I'm guessing so did they.

• Like 1

<'gooogle translator'>

When me and Freddy have a afraid then we go to the secret place.

There is a big boat in Berezino and we hide inside.

You must search the boat because it is in the north.

If you hide in the cockpit then you can look outside because there is a windows.

• Like 1

If I didn't have a bad taste of people killing me on sight, I doubt I would be as scared as I am. The people I have been bumping into have been mostly teenage boys with a shaky finger on the trigger.

Me - "Hello, are you going to shoot me"

Stranger - "No, you sound like a newb, come on up. We won't shoot you.

"Ok, coming up"

*Open door*

Death_Has_A_Flamethrower_by_ItchyBarracu

*DEATH*

• Like 1

If I didn't have a bad taste of people killing me on sight, I doubt I would be as scared as I am. The people I have been bumping into have been mostly teenage boys with a shaky finger on the trigger.

"Ok, coming up"

*Open door*

*DEATH*

Teenage boys...turn up the " I am sexy women and need help" type of talk and they will be on all fours for you

<'gooogle translator'>

Yes this is the true.

Many bandit players make a lies and try to make you death.

When you hide this is best to lay down in the ground.

Or make a hide in a corner like a spider.

"Ok, coming up"

*Open door*

*DEATH*

Look at it this way: the most fun to be had in this game is when you're just starting out. The paranoia (that you'll eventually learn to overcome) eventually dissipates and DayZ becomes just another game. Cherish these moments.

My Hardcore character has been alive since mid-January, no exaggeration. I am still very attached to her, but I have written a very detailed note of what she's been through so that the person (or, God forbid, ladder) that finally snuffs my flame will perhaps have some appreciation for her endeavours. I hope an experienced player downs me as they may appreciate that I still have the Ballistic Helmet and Gas Mask equipped (which is no longer possible) and may take the time to bury me out of some sort of weird respect. ;3

SitAUdG.jpg

• Like 1

I am Strangely aroused by you G0oogle...

must be the duckface.....

Or, I have been in the woods for way to long...

But you must go on! You're a survivor... Whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.  ;)

Yeah, you're worse off than MatchboxChick, unfortunately. Let me guess, you get really nervous and the adrenaline starts pumping when you see another player which leads to the inevitable killing on sight that we are so fond of. The game is about taking risks occasionally to get the things you need, but everyone has their own way of playing the game, and I won't condemn you for sticking to your guns. Hopefully you'll meet some people that you can trust, if you even want to meet said people. :)

Close, but no cigar;  I trust no one but that does not mean I KOS.

All this means is if I meet someone, I will ensure the encounter is on my term.

If I team up with someone I will always ensure they are in my line of sight.

And if someone is being too friendly I remove myself from the situation.

I think I am actually yet to kill anyone in the game who didn't attack and put me in a situation were my only option out was lethal force and I've only been in that situation once. So you were WAY of in that assumption poppet. ;)

Lawl. My Regular Character is fully geared and I am very scared to die with him. So I play very cautiously with him and avoid most places. But the great thing about this game is you can have TWO characters. I play my Hardcore character without worry about dying because I have nothing to lose. So if you wanna play but not lose your built character... go play hardcore without a worry in the world.

Lawl. My Regular Character is fully geared and I am very scared to die with him. So I play very cautiously with him and avoid most places. But the great thing about this game is you can have TWO characters. I play my Hardcore character without worry about dying because I have nothing to lose. So if you wanna play but not lose your built character... go play hardcore without a worry in the world.

Your head's on backwards bro. Hardcore is for playing the game, regular is for casual messing around.

Or do people actually play this entire game in 3PP as though that's how it's meant to be?

Your head's on backwards bro. Hardcore is for playing the game, regular is for casual messing around.

Or do people actually play this entire game in 3PP as though that's how it's meant to be?

Meh I Play in FPP in both modes anyway. Just doesn't feel right without seeing my gun in my hands. But I like the interaction in Hardcore servers as there is a lot more friendlies in HC IMHO.

• Like 1

Look at it this way: the most fun to be had in this game is when you're just starting out. The paranoia (that you'll eventually learn to overcome) eventually dissipates and DayZ becomes just another game. Cherish these moments.

My Hardcore character has been alive since mid-January, no exaggeration. I am still very attached to her, but I have written a very detailed note of what she's been through so that the person (or, God forbid, ladder) that finally snuffs my flame will perhaps have some appreciation for her endeavours. I hope an experienced player downs me as they may appreciate that I still have the Ballistic Helmet and Gas Mask equipped (which is no longer possible) and may take the time to bury me out of some sort of weird respect. ;3

SitAUdG.jpg

That's really awesome. I hear people have survived for long periods of time, but more often than not it's usually on low pop servers, or they play very little of that character and play on another game type to avoid losing it. Not to say that you do all of this, but that is usually the case. So, congratulations on surviving as long as you have. I hope that you can continue to live. If for whatever reason you should die, you should post your obituary on the forums. :)

Close, but no cigar;  I trust no one but that does not mean I KOS.

All this means is if I meet someone, I will ensure the encounter is on my term.

If I team up with someone I will always ensure they are in my line of sight.

And if someone is being too friendly I remove myself from the situation.

I think I am actually yet to kill anyone in the game who didn't attack and put me in a situation were my only option out was lethal force and I've only been in that situation once. So you were WAY of in that assumption poppet. ;)

It was only a guess, as that usually tends to be the case with most players. I have a lot respect for this kind of play style and so I'm really glad I was off. Thank you for informing me, apologies for the assuming you were like most lone-wolf types.

"Ok, coming up"

*Open door*

*DEATH*

Deception is one of the easiest forms of entertainment for these people. "Hey, I'm friendly." and seconds later when you turn your back, "You are dead." Killing on sight because you're scared is one thing, deceiving me is a whole other can of beans that I can't even begin to stomach and it happens so much. I'm a trusting person, so I guess that's what I get even though I should know better. As time has gone on though I've become more weary of other players and play it smarter, but I'm still a trusting person and it's in my nature.

That's really awesome. I hear people have survived for long periods of time, but more often than not it's usually on low pop servers, or they play very little of that character and play on another game type to avoid losing it. Not to say that you do all of this, but that is usually the case. So, congratulations on surviving as long as you have. I hope that you can continue to live. If for whatever reason you should die, you should post your obituary on the forums. :)

I more than likely will when it happens. I've got almost 1,200 hours logged in the Standalone; I've used Regular as a guinea pig to refine my play style. I only play on full 30 player servers (I find there is major lag when servers go over 30 players) skulking around the outskirts of towns and airfields. My friends can't play with me on Hardcore as I've been labelled "obsessively compulsive" when watching an airfield before deciding to make a move to loot it.

That character probably has most of my kills (which at 1,000+ hours is easily in the high hundreds). I only recently switched from the Mosin to the AKM. I became a very good sniper playing lone wolf. Sniping is the key to surviving in DayZ. If you are the type of player to partake in CQB, you're going to die regardless of how good you are. How many times have you unloaded a magazine into someone's back only to have them turn around, shoot you three times and you both end up dying? De-sync and lag are the biggest enemies in Chernarus+.

I more than likely will when it happens. I've got almost 1,200 hours logged in the Standalone; I've used Regular as a guinea pig to refine my play style. I only play on full 30 player servers (I find there is major lag when servers go over 30 players) skulking around the outskirts of towns and airfields. My friends can't play with me on Hardcore as I've been labelled "obsessively compulsive" when watching an airfield before deciding to make a move to loot it.

That character probably has most of my kills (which at 1,000+ hours is easily in the high hundreds). I only recently switched from the Mosin to the AKM. I became a very good sniper playing lone wolf. Sniping is the key to surviving in DayZ. If you are the type of player to partake in CQB, you're going to die regardless of how good you are. How many times have you unloaded a magazine into someone's back only to have them turn around, shoot you three times and you both end up dying? De-sync and lag are the biggest enemies in Chernarus+.

My eyesight is not that great so I wear glasses, but it's worse when playing at lower settings. This is how I would normally like to play the game. Sit on the outskirts of towns and airfields and monitor the area for an hour or two before making my move towards it. I've sat on a hill for 6 hours once just watching Northeast Airfield on a mildly populated server before I ever went in and then a thought occurred to me, "What if someone is doing the same?", but I highly doubt they had the patience to sit as long as I had as I not only scanned the airfield but the town, the tree lines, and everything inbetween. So, I went in, looted some stuff and retreated, making sure not to give away where I was heading back to only to keep spying on the airfield from afar.

Edited by metisou

You're welcome. Yeah, I think perhaps being scared to move and the unsettling feelings you get when you're alone was enough to call it a day. When I am alone I'm usually looking over my shoulder every chance I get only to sit in one spot a little way from airfields looking out through my LRS observing the actions of players to determine whether they are friendly or not. I happened to notice two guys who were looting completely different buildings, I approached one of them to ask if they were friendly and let him know there was one other person that I saw on the airfield. I took a chance and came in with my gun put away. Shortly after, the other guy was just around the building and shots were being fired. He frantically shouted that he was friendly and I told him to quickly get inside with his weapon put away. We waited in there for a while before finally getting into a TeamSpeak and played for roughly a month and a half until we stopped playing DayZ. I needed a break and I'm guessing so did they.

Hahaha, you are more than welcome to hop in ts with us and play anytime. It gets lonely in here even though there are like 6 or so of us on almost all the time. cx

Just message me for the TS IP.

Edited by MadWookie

What's the difference between hardcore and Regular? I mean apart from only being in first person.

What's the difference between hardcore and Regular? I mean apart from only being in first person.

Currently that's the only difference but in saying that, awareness of your surroundings is an absolute necessity.

I only ever play in First Person. It' s only when I go for long runs that I go third person, only for the sake of looking at something different.

Having said that, I did notice one person with a rifle follow me out of Berezino(?) and I must thank third person mode for that because it does open the field of view a bit in my opinion. I did manage to lose them by hiding in a tree as they walked passed.

EDIT: Also, how to you drop a flare that's been lit and what do I need to create a campfire? _fire__by_ChaosEmeraldHunter_by_The_Emot

What is the point of a campire?

Also (lol sorry for the billion questions) How do I get 'Soaked' or 'Damped' off my status?

Edited by MatchboxChick

Hahaha, you are more than welcome to hop in ts with us and play anytime. It gets lonely in here even though there are like 6 or so of us on almost all the time. cx

Just message me for the TS IP.

I'm highly appreciative for the offer and I'll check out your Team Speak. I don't claim to be great at this game and I may be incompatible with your team and their play style, but it is definitely worth giving it a shot. Hit me up with a PM and I'll check it out tomorrow.

Also, how to you drop a flare that's been lit and what do I need to create a campfire? _fire__by_ChaosEmeraldHunter_by_The_Emot

Also (lol sorry for the billion questions) How do I get 'Soaked' or 'Damped' off my status?

Have to bind a key to throw or you can drop it into vicinity.

You need rags/bandages and sticks to create a fireplace kit. Logs and matches to place into the kit to get it lit.

Camp-fires are only for cooking, currently.

You can't remove soaked or damp status as of yet, but making a fire should cure that once this function is implemented.

I only ever play in First Person. It' s only when I go for long runs that I go third person, only for the sake of looking at something different.

Having said that, I did notice one person with a rifle follow me out of Berezino(?) and I must thank third person mode for that because it does open the field of view a bit in my opinion. I did manage to lose them by hiding in a tree as they walked passed.

EDIT: Also, how to you drop a flare that's been lit and what do I need to create a campfire? _fire__by_ChaosEmeraldHunter_by_The_Emot

Currently I do not know a way for that status to disappear, but it does so over time as long as you stay indoors out of the rain and out of water. Building a campfire requires sticks ( which you can cut logs into thirds for or find kindling in the woodlands by looking at the ground. ), rags, matches, and firewood which can be chopped from trees with axes. It's primary usefulness is for cooking meat anywhere and it does not (as of right now) clear up soaked and damped statuses, but having soaked or damped status plays no part on your health. Eventually we will get an update that changes that. You can drop a flare by removing it from your inventory and into the vicinity column, there is also a way to throw the flare as well. By pressing the "G" key.

Edited by metisou

Learning how to survive in the wild by hunting and camp fires is a very neat task to do. I'd also recommend to look for gas and a camping cooker. There you can attach a cooking pot and heat some meat. There's loads of stuff to figure out, evem more down the developement road. :-)

So my character is as geared as up as she has ever been. I am so geared up that I don't even want to move or go on ahead. I am afraid of bandits and butthole players who will see an army person and shoot on site. c0d03845b55499aca7783f2ee72823e4.gif

I wouldn't consider myself a hero (definitely not a bandit) but a survivor. If I saw anyone, whether they looked intimidating straight out of the cold war, or some spawned player out of bootcamp, I don't trust anyone and I am afraid of everyone.

I think I picked the wrong game to make friends on to be honest. Currently at Zelenogorsk and heard some gunshots. Marine_Emote_by_budgieishere.gif Not chancing it.

Gosh, how do I get over this hurdle. Yes, I am attached to my gear, I have A LOT! I do want to meet people, but I don't want to meet anyone bad and most people I have met, killed me on site =[

_scared__by_CookiemagiK.gif

Tips?

Quit server hopping.