Sign in to follow this  
Matte (DayZ)

Mosin + Bipod?

not anymore but my buddy and I have one from before they patched it ;) 

• Like 1

Nope they removed it as they should there realistically is nowhere for the bipod to mount on.

Hopefully the LRS is removed in the future as well when more modern and suitable rifles for the LRS begin to spring up.

Hmm, so my Mosin with a Bipod could become a rarity.  Just another reason for someone to try to kill me for it I expect.

Nope they removed it as they should there realistically is nowhere for the bipod to mount on.

Hopefully the LRS is removed in the future as well when more modern and suitable rifles for the LRS begin to spring up.

What?

You're aware that you can lay down (anywhere) and use a bipod right? Therefore 90% of the map is "realistic" to use the bipod on.

Now, if you're referring to the actual weapon and that there's nowhere to attach the bipod, then you're wrong again. The bipod in the game is an "Atlas Bipod". I personally own one of these. They clamp right to any rifle I want and work fine.

Also, the LRS should never be removed. I don't even understand your explanation for it, and don't really want to.

Edited by Kihz

What?

You're aware that you can lay down (anywhere) and use a bipod right? Therefore 90% of the map is "realistic" to use the bipod on.

Now, if you're referring to the actual weapon and that there's nowhere to attach the bipod, then you're wrong again. The bipod in the game is an "Atlas Bipod". I personally own one of these. They clamp right to any rifle I want and work fine.

Also, the LRS should never be removed. I don't even understand your explanation for it, and don't really want to.

There is nowhere on a mosin for a new bipod to mount to.

Accu-Shot_Atlas_Bipod_A.jpg

100 year old mosins have rails ?

• Like 2

well you could rest it on top of the bipod and just not bolt it. ghetto engineering 101

Edit: Finally a use for duct tape

Edited by NOLA Chris
  • Like 1

There is nowhere on a mosin for a new bipod to mount to.

100 year old mosins have rails ?

Duct tape, taking your t-shirt off and cutting it to tie the bipod in place. Jury rigging in the zombie apocalypse. Have some imagination.

If you really want to combine the mosin with the atlas bipod you will combine it. Therefore I think it's very bad to remove the option just 'cause the mosin does not have a rail -_-

I want to make my own bipod so with 2 sticks and the rope.

I mean, i even would not care if it's not attached to the weapon with the rope. Sure it will bump off the primitive sticks construction when i shoot but therefore the one shot has a higher accuracy.

Edited by Andwari

There is absolutely no difference you shoot with bipod or not, standing or prone. No difference to accuracy.

There is absolutely no difference you shoot with bipod or not, standing or prone.

I actually feel 2% happier if I shoot with the bipod. Therefore, I refute your statement as a falsehood.

BOOO!!!!

• Like 2

If you really want to combine the mosin with the atlas bipod you will combine it. Therefore I think it's very bad to remove the option just 'cause the mosin does not have a rail -_-

I want to make my own bipod so with 2 sticks and the rope.

I mean, i even would not care if it's not attached to the weapon with the rope. Sure it will bump off the primitive sticks construction when i shoot but therefore the one shot has a higher accuracy.

It is a freaking ww2 weapon it makes no sense to have it compatible with modern accesories.

Whats next you guys want the acog and red dot sights to work on the mosin too ?

LRS should be removed sooner than later.

What weapons does the bipod work with currently?

M4 with RIS guard.

• Like 1

m4 with RIS and AK with handguard that has rails. Edited by Chompster
  • Like 1

m4 with RIS and AK with handguard that has rails.

Well yeah, but why would you put a bipod on the AKM which already has no spread?

Well yeah, but why would you put a bipod on the AKM which already has no spread?

Sexiness.

• Like 1

Perhaps in the future the bipods will not affect the guns accuracy but instead allow the gun to be proped up on the ground or objects reducing recoil and increasing stability.

It is a freaking ww2 weapon it makes no sense to have it compatible with modern accesories.

Whats next you guys want the acog and red dot sights to work on the mosin too ?

LRS should be removed sooner than later.

Then give us a WW2 bipod. Actually it is possible to shoot the Mosin with a bipod (does not have to be the atlas bipod). But hitting a moving target with the earthquake aiming is just luck. Pure luck. And I don't like luck. And I don't want to camp around and shoot people standing still when bandaging themselves or drinking from the pond. That is lame and mean ;)

Can you use bipod for the mosin rifle? thanks

It would seem they have removed that, what a shame...

He asked which weapons can have it, and the ak can so that's why I said it.

Idk nor care why anyone would or wouldn't.

Off-topic, but sporter 22 should totally have it. Names/history be damned. 22 rifles commonly have LRS (sometime bipod?) because it is a great starter rifle that people put scopes on if they're just introducing their kids to firearms. Totally reasonable and authentic.

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1

Off-topic, but sporter 22 should totally have it. Names/history be damned. 22 rifles commonly have LRS (sometime bipod?) because it is a great starter rifle that people put scopes on if they're just introducing their kids to firearms. Totally reasonable and authentic.

THISSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  but x4 or x6 ........