gsp167

Retrospective montage from release to now

Well then, maybe you are the problem, not other players. Have you been sprinting at them yelling friendly, friendly, friendly? :D

I'm not an idiot, I'm a cautious guy. I don't run up to anyone.

Just because most interactions with other players have been positive does not mean this is universal, almost every interaction I've had with other players have involved shots being fired. Consider yourself lucky to be around such a crowd.

No, i'm just not a dick that kills people on sight for no reason, or one that actively looks for a conflict.  Nor do I hang around the usual PvP spots. I actually explore the map and look for other survivors to give them a hand.  I have been killed more times by random game glitches and zombies than players.

• Like 2

I'm not an idiot, I'm a cautious guy. I don't run up to anyone.

It was a joke man, read my edit of that post.

It was a joke man, read my edit of that post.

Was I supposed to extrapolate that from what you said?

• Like 1

Was I supposed to extrapolate that from what you said?

No, that's why I made the edit... :|

There is currently fuck all to do in Dayz so what kind of video were you people expecting...

There is currently fuck all to do in Dayz so what kind of video were you people expecting...

If by "fuck all to do" you mean there isn't early stages of hunting, crafting, fishing, exploring, finding rare loot or even to PVP against KOS assholes then you sure are missing out IMHO. Even without vehicles, economy or barricading I find plenty of shit to do to keep me busy. I don't resort to shameless KOS mentality because it takes zero skill to do anything but run around and blast people or pretend I'm the next Governor. Want to try this game on the real hard mode I suggest you try and survive without turning to the dark side. Hell if we want to get technical this game is trash if you're looking at it from a shooter-only perspective. I have no idea why anyone would want to torture themselves and waste so much time pretending this game was a decent shooter if that's the way you want to look at it. My guess is they suck at real shooters so they come to DayZ for the cheap easy kills. Yes guns are in this game for a reason but compare gunplay from other AAA fast-paced FPS and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize where DayZ or even Arma stacks up on that list. Shit even twitch shooters like Loadout are bettter than the crude gun mechanics in DayZ. However what those dime-a-dozen cupcake shooters lack is the realism and that's what this game is all about and what makes it great for many of us. It's not to see who is the next CoD or Rust leaderboard kiddie 420blaze360noscopeMLG_Pro. Nobody gives a fuck about your KD in this game but people do give a fuck about how they are treated or killed in this case. So spare us the "there isn't enough content" excuse and just man up and say you want to KOS because that's what you like. At least then I'd give you some respect instead of hiding behind some blanket excuse like 'lack of content'. They could add in barricading and economy tomorrow and I'm sure the same people that KOS would be KOS'ing there too. Content (or lack thereof in some peoples' minds) isn't the problem....

Edited by haknslash

This fucking carebear, fanboi forum XD perfectly fine vid. Everytime reminding me why the devs don't post here :D Obviously all those guns they keep implementing are for adorning players so they just LOOK dangerous!

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 2

This fucking carebear, fanboi forum XD perfectly fine vid. Everytime reminding me why the devs don't post here :D Obviously all those guns they keep implementing are for adorning players so they just LOOK dangerous!

PVP is fine. I don't think anyone is looking for a PVE experience in this game, except PVE-specific private hives in the future. Banditry is always welcome IMHO as it balances the game. There would be bandits IRL just as there would be KOS but not to the degree we see in DayZ. That being said....

Killing someone when all they have a flashlight or on a ladder is str8 MLG yo. After all I'm sure they really needed that 9v battery for their FNX scope that it meant killing a fresh spawn as if they are just as insignificant and dispensable as the next respawn is in BF4. Sure he may not of had much on him so it's easy to shrug it off as "well he didn't have anything to lose" but perhaps he traveled a long ass way from his last spawn. Maybe he didn't want to have to trek the same country again just to meet up with a friend across the map. Yay now he gets to do it all over again spawning lord knows where else now. Maybe just asking him or hell even holding him at gun point demanding he give you the 9v battery "or else" would be a far more rewarding interaction that just a black "You're dead" screen from some random. 

Has nothing to do with being carebear. For the sake of argument I will use that term for PVE-only games where you are fighting in CO-OP against AI. The problem people have with KOS is that often it is done in a shady practice typically found by pond scum level players. The only interaction, if at all, is some smart ass kid response like "you fail at this game bitch" over a corpse while some dude was just fishing minding his own business. You don't see mindless KOS in survival movies and shows either, The Walking Dead for current example, yet there is plenty of bloodshed and not just against the zombies. That IMHO is how it would be if the shit really did hit the fan IRL. There would be hot zones where you know you will probably die and it would be a risk versus reward scenario for the loot, if you needed it, but that doesn't mean everyone has to kill someone the second they see them just for the lulz or because "they're scared to lose their loot". Rather than this game be a horrible troll shooter wouldn't you rather it become something more than searching for guns (which don't really perform that well to begin with) just to murder people, not even for sport really? If not then I can name off several other (better) shooters. I don't know about you but I would rather die in an epic fire fight battle across the open land like some epic historic-ness than at the hands of some free-wheeling squeaker in the middle of nowhere on his way to go meet up with the rest of his wall glitching, duping clan. YMMV.

TL;DR PVP is for the most part openly accepted and embraced by the community but nobody likes a dick.

Edited by haknslash

Ahhh, the PC world of gaming.  Breath it in deep, boys.  It holds many queer smells.  Sorry, I meant "men" since according to you all, boys only play CoD whilst men tell the boys what a real game is like.  Actually, I meant "everyone" because I'm not sexist.

So, I would first like to say, good video.  I didn't know what to expect going in (kidding, because of all the bitching about PvP) but it was far more entertaining than 75% of all the dumbass videos about "I met a crazy guy in Berezino" and its just 4 guys laughing constantly because one guy is wearing no clothes.  Why dont people bitch about that over PvP? 

Second, on the criticism of the video, just shut up.  Whether you own every gun in this game, know about every gun in the world, were former military, boy scout, (God forbid) CoD player, little kid or man-grown, just shut the fuck up.  Dont ever tell someone how to play a game.  Especially a game that has near limitless opportunities for whatever you may like, except gettin' lucky or taking a dump.  Yet you think you are able to since you mastered the fun FPS and went on to the "tougher" ones.

My arguments?  First off, DayZ SA is one of a kind.  There might be something somewhat similar, but nothing close.  That means that people who want to play a game like this really only have one option.  And the people that play this have different agendas. 

Secondly, This is a montage of what he recorded.  He isn’t a streamer, or one of those ego nerds that have a running commentary throughout the entire hour long video.  These are just clips that he recorded.  What is there more worthy of recording than PVP?  Pray, tell me?  Ok, any time I come across a lone man playing a fire extinguisher like a sax, but not much else.  Screenshot the beautiful landscape, record the firefights.

Third, you are playing a video game, and acting high-and0mighty in said video games FORUM!  How about this; instead of bashing someone for “CoD” like play, take on a new hobby.  Then find the forums for that hobby, be an asshole there, and let us be.

• Like 2

The game is centered around interactions with others players, according to Rocket himself. Wich pretty much means, shooting and basic combat. ;)

No, its centered around survival.

It's a game about both, but the focus is survival.  They're trying to cut back the PvP element.  That's why they introduced the raise/lower your weapon button and why all your gear is ruined when you take half a mag of M4 to the noodle.  

Player interactions don't just involve shooting each other (though I know from the limited scope of your video you don't quite seem to grasp that concept), they also include performing first aid and feeding someone who can't eat for themselves (I.E. if they're passed out and too hungry to regenerate health).

Of course, to little kids who just sit around and loot farm all day, weapons and shooting are really all that matters anyway.