gsp167

Retrospective montage from release to now

Well, here's a mashup of videos I recorded since DayZ's release.

Please don't hate on me for killing players, using third person, etc.. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYI3IwCdDps

Well I'm sorry to say I do hate you for killing players, using third person, etc.

A retrospect should have entailed more than just COD PVP...

But to each his own I guess...

Well I'm sorry to say I do hate you for killing players, using third person, etc.

A retrospect should have entailed more than just COD PVP...

But to each his own I guess...

I personally didn't spend 30$ on DayZ Standalone to dress up and fapping off to how cool my character looked. I bought it expecting PvP situations.

• Like 2

I personally didn't spend 30$ on DayZ Standalone to dress up and fapping off to how cool my character looked. I bought it expecting PvP situations.

Then why didn't you just by a regular FPS.  This game is so much more than mindless PvP.  Its about survival and character development.  After you play with a character for a while you start to become the character, and you think about every decision you make.  This is why I miss the early mod days.  The mature ArmA community, the rarity of equipment...  It made for an incredible experience, one which you will never know.

• Like 4

I bought the game expecting a survival game dealing with mostly pve and occasional pvp, not only pvp. I have a hard time to understand why players buy into this game wanting to just pvp when so many alternative games for that already exist. The niche DAYZ SA could fill should be something else then what is already flooding the pc game market. Not sure where fapping to a character came into the discussion, I guess there are games for that too...

• Like 1

Then why didn't you just by a regular FPS.  This game is so much more than mindless PvP.  Its about survival and character development.  After you play with a character for a while you start to become the character, and you think about every decision you make.  This is why I miss the early mod days.  The mature ArmA community, the rarity of equipment...  It made for an incredible experience, one which you will never know.

I didn't "just buy a regular FPS" because I don't want to play Call of Duty or Battlefield. I bought ArmA 2, ArmA and Operation Flashpoint because of their features and the type of gameplay they have, moderately paced realistic combat situations, etc. I did not however, join DayZ RP or LS-RP, I did purchase a game centered around shooting and basic combat. Don't assume to know my reasoning behind what is in the video, there is context to every situation which you obviously ignore. By the way "YOU'RE ONLY A MAN IF YOU PLAY DAYZ FIRST PERSON WITH ONLY YOUR FISTS, THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT THE GAME, AND THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE SHOULD DO BECAUSE I THINK IT'S RIGHT".

I bought the game expecting a survival game dealing with mostly pve and occasional pvp, not only pvp. I have a hard time to understand why players buy into this game wanting to just pvp when so many alternative games for that already exist. The niche DAYZ SA could fill should be something else then what is already flooding the pc game market. Not sure where fapping to a character came into the discussion, I guess there are games for that too...

PvE elements of the game have yet to be implemented, do you expect me to sit on my hands until they are implemented? I didn't join DayZ RP or Hardcore servers for a reason. I don't see how you expect a successful game satisfying your niche part of the DayZ community when the overwhelming amount of casual DayZ players don't join to play for 40 hours with no interaction with other players.

Edited by K9Alex
  • Like 3

Unfortunately a lot of little kids grew up with CoD and Battlefield and end up making videos like this. Equally unfortunately, these are the kinds of videos that show up on YouTube when someone wants to learn more about DayZ and whether or not they should buy it.  "Retrospective Montage" sounds like a video that would detail changes to the actual build of DayZ and testing features but really you're just spraying lead through the whole video to some crappy music.  Not once did I see picking berries, fishing, hunting animals, crafting, or any of the features that've made it into the alpha. 

Well I personally didn't click on your video expecting to see poor marksmanship and some kid in a gas mask shooting unarmed players.  MLG status PvP. The name of the video does not reflect the content. 

• Like 2

Basic recap of the "retrospective": Phew-phew-phew-phew-phew...through out the whole video.

1/10

Not to mention the band playing in the background reflects the players mentality perfectly...

White comic? Seriously? :huh:

https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/325566_10150595122795519_1529447223_o.jpg

They sound just the way they look...

Edited by CrniVarg

"Retrospective Montage" sounds like a video that would detail changes to the actual build of DayZ and testing features but really you're just spraying lead through the whole video to some crappy music.  Not once did I see picking berries, fishing, hunting animals, crafting, or any of the features that've made it into the alpha. 

The name of the video does not reflect the content. 

Basic recap of the "retrospective": Phew-phew-phew-phew-phew...through out the whole video.

1/10

Not to mention the band playing in the background reflects the players mentality perfectly...

White comic? Seriously? :huh:

https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/325566_10150595122795519_1529447223_o.jpg

They sound just the way they look...

Allow me to quote the first line of the description on his video: 

Mahsup of videos I have recorded since DayZ Standalone's release.

Also, criticizing his taste in music just makes you people sound like assholes, seriously--it's his music taste.

• Like 3

Allow me to quote the first line of the description on his video: 

Also, criticizing his taste in music just makes you people sound like assholes, seriously--it's his music taste.

Well excuse me, but all he recorded from release is shooting people...or well, trying to shoot people....??

You are probably right about the music, but I still can't see why criticising it makes me an arse... :lol:

ret·ro·spec·tive - looking back on or dealing with past events or situations.

mon·tage - the process or technique of selecting, editing, and piecing together separate sections of film to form a continuous whole.

This is basic english. I like how you guys get mad because I didn't post a retrospective video montage about me picking up berries and testing out the new DayZ features.

• Like 2

Well excuse me, but all he recorded from release is shooting people...or well, trying to shoot people....??

You are probably right about the music, but I still can't see why criticising it makes me an arse... :lol:

It's a collection of videos he still has on his hard drive that he recorded from the start of DayZ Standalone's Public Alpha release to the present, the title is not misleading in any way whatsoever. I don't find myself recording "picking berries" or looting because it's not interesting. You usually don't find yourself recording uninteresting things, would you honestly have watched a 30 minute video of him searching for bushes to pick berries from?

• Like 1

It's a collection of videos he still has on his hard drive that he recorded from the start of DayZ Standalone's Public Alpha release to the present, the title is not misleading in any way whatsoever. I don't find myself recording "picking berries" or looting because it's not interesting. You usually don't find yourself recording uninteresting things, would you honestly have watched a 30 minute video of him searching for bushes to pick berries from?

I don't give a darn about berries, what I did expect is some interesting content. Shooting people with absolute no story to it is booooring. Actually I would rather watch someone picking berries with some interesting comment's for 30 minutes rather than this.... :|

ret·ro·spec·tive - looking back on or dealing with past events or situations.

mon·tage - the process or technique of selecting, editing, and piecing together separate sections of film to form a continuous whole.

This is basic english. I like how you guys get mad because I didn't post a retrospective video montage about me picking up berries and testing out the new DayZ features.

I am not mad because you don't like picking berries, I am just mad because I actually watched the whole video hoping for some twist and thereby lost 4 minutes of my life...

• Like 1

So much drama. *gets popcorn*

• Like 1

So much drama. *gets popcorn*

This is what happens when someone posts a video meeting the following requirements;

1. A video using the 3rd person feature wich nobody ever complained about since Operation Flashpoint until DayZ Standalone came around.

2. A video where you are killing another player, wich is basically the whole point of the game engine DayZ has been built on, having firefights with other players.

3. A video where you do not pick up berries.

Edited by K9Alex

This is what happens when someone posts a video meeting the following requirements;

1. A video using the 3rd person feature wich nobody ever complained about since Operation Flashpoint until DayZ Standalone came around.

2. A video where you are killing another player, wich is basically the whole point of the game engine, having firefights with other players.

3. A video where you do not pick up berries.

Operation Flashpoint? Do you mean Operation Arrowhead?

I did purchase a game centered around shooting and basic combat.

No, its centered around survival.

• Like 3

No, its centered around survival.

The game is centered around interactions with others players, according to Rocket himself. Wich pretty much means, shooting and basic combat. ;)

The game is centered around interactions with others players, according to Rocket himself. Wich pretty much means, shooting and basic combat. ;)

No.... just.... no.  not every interaction has to be hostile.  I've been on my character for nearly 20 hours now, only killed two people, but thats because they killed a buddy of mine.  Everyone else has been friendly.  The point of player to player interactions is not always to kill.  When the game gets farther into development, and gear is scarce, you will figure it out that you need more teamwork than anything to survive.

• Like 1

I was not sure if I am watching DayZ or Call of Duty.

Anyway good video tho.

No.... just.... no.  not every interaction has to be hostile.  I've been on my character for nearly 20 hours now, only killed two people, but thats because they killed a buddy of mine.  Everyone else has been friendly.  The point of player to player interactions is not always to kill.  When the game gets farther into development, and gear is scarce, you will figure it out that you need more teamwork than anything to survive.

Just because most interactions with other players have been positive does not mean this is universal, almost every interaction I've had with other players have involved shots being fired. Consider yourself lucky to be around such a crowd.

• Like 1

Just because most interactions with other players have been positive does not mean this is universal, almost every interaction I've had with other players have involved shots being fired. Consider yourself lucky to be around such a crowd.

Couldn't have said better.

Well then, maybe you are the problem, not other players. Have you been sprinting at them yelling friendly, friendly, friendly? :D

EDIT: Had to add something here...

This game is about player interaction, but to make things interesting we have guns. So the main goal is to grow a pair and actually try to talk to other instead of sniping them or attacking without saying a single word. Is it risky? Hell yeah! Is there any fun without risk? Hell no!

The problem is the mentality of FPS games. If I die or don't kill more of them I lose. The funny thing is there is no goal and no score in this game, the experience is the goal. You can have your shalow spawn/hop to gear up asap/find and kill experience all day long, but please don't try to make us believe it's the only thing you can do in this game.

Edited by CrniVarg