Conrad_The_Comrade

A challenge for you all :)

Just incase the title was not clear enough, I am just giving you all a challenge for yourselves, and no, no prizes, other than self-satisfaction.

Alright, to begin, limit yourself to 3 cans of food, tops.

Only 3 cans of soda OR 1 Civilian water bottle.

Little (1,2 pieces) of military gear.

No fire axes.

"Primary" gun must be either a Sporter 22, Blaze 95, or IZH-43 (Non Sawn-Off)

No limit to the secondary.

To satisfy you're hunger, go hunting (Bring a knife or machete to skin the animal)

And the final bit, which will be the most challenging, try to get other people to join you in this challenge. Have them tag along, and abide by the rules set.

If you have any questions regarding the rules, just ask, and I'll try my best to answer. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor ;)

• Like 5

Is this the Hunger Games or are you going to find the biggest field with the most pigs/cows to pick people off with an LRS?

• Like 3

Sounds easy. The only limitation I don't like is the gun.. I often roll with an SKS and it's become my bread and butter weapon. 

• Like 3

Almost doing this already, just cant get more people with meh :)

• Like 1

Screw that noise, who needs a gun. Just charge at those swine with your machete. Outside of that I'd say crossbow or bow (when they get it working) would be appropriate.

Also, are we talking you can head out energized and hydrated or you can only eat 3 cans of food from the time you hit the shore?

Sounds boring as fcuk, no thanks.

Alright, then don't do it :)

Is this the Hunger Games or are you going to find the biggest field with the most pigs/cows to pick people off with an LRS?

Believe it or not, neither.

untitle.JPG

Kay.

Screw that noise, who needs a gun. Just charge at those swine with your machete. Outside of that I'd say crossbow or bow (when they get it working) would be appropriate.

Also, are we talking you can head out energized and hydrated or you can only eat 3 cans of food from the time you hit the shore?

Interpret how you want, however the intended wording (Which I apologize for, it wasn't very clear) was just 3 cans of food carried at a time.

Sounds easy. The only limitation I don't like is the gun.. I often roll with an SKS and it's become my bread and butter weapon. 

i am always torn between the mosin and the Blaze when not finding an SKS, but nothing goes above my beloved Samosarjadnij Karabin Simonowa

I dont really get it, what is the challenge? Don't see any task/challenge there

Then should be no problem when you try it ;)

A better challenge would be trying to get your money back from this game.

• Like 1

3 cans of food is heeeeeeeaps. I don't understand people that have trouble feeding themselves in this game. Once I get healthy, I never even look at another can again, you can literally get by picking apples and the very occasional rice bag like once a fortnight. I don't actually think I've ever seen my "energized" drop so much as from bright to dark green, except one weekend when I played a 14 hour session and never ate a thing, running the whole way through. Still only got it to dark green, not gone completely. Hydro status drops at a decent speed, but there are so many fountains and ponds everywhere it's a joke lol.

I have a more interesting challenge.

-You cannot carry food in storage (eat it on the spot, or take it in hands to a safe dining area if in a danger zone).

-Choose at spawn to EITHER drink from looted consumables OR fountains OR ponds, but not any combination. If you choose looted drink, you may not fill bottles at fountains or ponds.

-No clothes over 4 slots storage

-Maximum bag size -Improv. Backpack

-Primary weapon cannot have full auto fire mode. Bonus points for using a Blaze or naked Mosin (no scope).

-Maximum 1 magazine/speedloader for whatever pistol you choose.

And the final bit, which will be the most challenging, do all this and survive for as long as possible without ever being more than 2km from the East coast of the map.

My personal challenge :

Don't carry a long gun.

Over 50 (stealthy)hours.

This is pretty much how I play.  

Addition:  Improvised backpack only.

indeed it seems the more shitty you look, it seems you get a pass from Pros aka Hero's to Bandits that think your not worth the time.....IDK... I DO Know the more shit im packing the more ass fooked I get.....

Ugh, that was nasty....... sorry

How about this:

No firearms. Improvised bow, crossbow, or melee weapons only.

Created backpacks only.

No canned food, must hunt or fish.

Canteen and rain water/ponds only.

• Like 1

Dear topic starter, are you aware of the energy/hydration system in SA? 

Your energy is capped at 20k so once you reached 20k or be close you don´t need food for a super long time. In fact I haven´t been able to get to a point where I need food again after I ate a lot of food. Water is everywhere so no need to carry it anymore. For the first ~4hours I am feeding my char with rice/milk/peaches after that I am done with eating till I die. So the whole challenge is not really challenging. When you eat cooked meat it´s even better since the energy you get from cooked meat is 2nd best in game and is just topped by cooked fish - afaik. So eating some steaks till you´re stuffed, do it again when you can and you are done with eating till you die. I have to look up the code for cooked meat/fish I am pretty certain after 5-6 pieces of meat/fish you are at your 20l energy cap. 

I've done FNX45-only runs. Ezpz.

Can't be assed to go hunting, though. Hunting and cooking feel like turd features. I was telling my buddy to remove the firewood since the meats were done cooking. He didn't do it, and the meats burnt in 10 seconds. 

Then should be no problem when you try it ;)

That was meant seriously, what is the task? Surviving with that stuff in the forest by hunting animals or? That would really not be too challenging :p rather little bit boring by running on and on in search for animals

Edited by MarchmelloMan

That was meant seriously, what is the task? Surviving with that stuff in the forest by hunting animals or? That would really not be too challenging :p rather little bit boring by running on and on in search for animals

It's really down to play style if you consider it boring or not. While the challenge with the current mechanics may not be that difficult, I see it as more of a challenge to get out and explore the wilderness instead of the usual PvP and loot drudge.

I personally enjoy wandering around and hunting and such in-game, even did it in the mod. But, it's a sandbox, so to each their own.

• Like 1

Just like Miki said:

untitle.JPG

How about this:

No firearms. Improvised bow, crossbow, or melee weapons only.

Created backpacks only.

No canned food, must hunt or fish.

Canteen and rain water/ponds only.

How about no?

Edited by KiskilleAcronym

DayZ need achievments at least...devs should improve them...

Dayz is a game with hundreds of tousands of ways to unlock achievments!

"First kill with a sporter"

"killed a player at 200 metres without scope"

"Vomiting"

"Sick"

"You poisoned a player"

"you do visited 10 towns"

"you do visited all towns"

"You handcuffed 10 players"

"you've done 25 headshoots with an Amphibia"

etc...etc...

Edited by GunnyITA

Just incase the title was not clear enough, I am just giving you all a challenge for yourselves, and no, no prizes, other than self-satisfaction.

Alright, to begin, limit yourself to 3 cans of food, tops.

Only 3 cans of soda OR 1 Civilian water bottle.

Little (1,2 pieces) of military gear.

No fire axes.

"Primary" gun must be either a Sporter 22, Blaze 95, or IZH-43 (Non Sawn-Off)

No limit to the secondary.

To satisfy you're hunger, go hunting (Bring a knife or machete to skin the animal)

And the final bit, which will be the most challenging, try to get other people to join you in this challenge. Have them tag along, and abide by the rules set.

If you have any questions regarding the rules, just ask, and I'll try my best to answer. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor ;)

Ive seen your challenge, and raised you 1 Crossbow. ;)

I got at one point 3 people to tag along, drop gear, and follow the rules of the "challenge".. I also told them to come post about it here, but so far they have not.

gggg.jpg

The boots and pants are the only "Mil Gear" I had. After I beat the challenge I moved on and re-geared up.. to this

Day_Z_2014_07_08_09_43_55_899.jpg

• Like 2