Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Chem

Lore Series written by US!

Hey guys, I've been playing DayZ for a while now and I have decided at an attempt to make:

~THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL DAYZ LORE ~

I love the game and love making fan fiction (not sexual stuff though) and I feel that this game has a canvas ready to be filled. 

I've already seen some stuff like legends and myths in the game that would be great to get more in depth with.

I'm hoping to get as many people to get to know this and to help out in this.

Here's just a handful of things we would cover:

• Who are we the players
  • Location history
  • Virus origin
  • Pre war events
  • Myths and legends

If anyone is interested, just reply to this or pm if you want to contribute

• Like 1

I love the game and love making fan fiction

:lol:

(not sexual stuff though)

<_<

I stopped reading. ;)

Edited by Zyryanoff
  • Like 1

Search for green mountain for myths and legends and also the siren of... Was it Zelenogorsk or Berezino?

Tons of material for myths and legends.

Who we are as players...? Well, survivors that wake up in the middle of nowhere with no idea how we ended up in the Zapocalypse.

Read around a bit, there's a lot of great threads. Haunted ruins of the hotel in cherno, and check out Hetstaines tourist guide ;-)

• Like 1

We know that the country is called Chernaurus, located in Russia. The capital is called Novigrad, and is currently 'out of bounds'. Because there are some rubbish bags marked as 'radioactive' in Cherno, im guessing that is be linked to the zombies we see. The map is acutally the same as it is in Arma II, maybe DayZ takes place some time after Arma II does? Maybe survivors are either naturally immune to the unknown virus, or have come from a different country trying to find a cure. Maybe we ARE the cure, and we have to release some blood somewhere. 

If my idea of us/our blood being the cure and we have to release it somewhere, then there is a vault-like area where that glitched grass 'cone' was, and we might have to go inside there to release the blood.

I am sure I've seen somewhere a story about how the infection started.

Also, every name of a location ingame has a meaning in russian.

Chernarus - Black Russia

Chernogorsk - Black Mountain

Zelenogorsk - Green Mountain

Novigrad - Newcastle

etc..

I'm a British helicopter pilot who was flying a humanitarian relief chopper in from the north. On landing near Myshkino we were overrun by a zombie horde that suddenly broke out of the forest. Being pilots we had only 9mm pistols and were soon overwhelmed, but I managed to get away - with my flightsuit shredded.

I managed to find some jeans and a t-shirt but eventually passed out from exhaustion after having run as far south as the coast.

Now I'm just trying to stay alive until help arrives. I am slightly losing faith that it ever will though, and spend much of my time simply eliminating as many zombies as I can.

I think I may be delusional, because every few weeks or months I pass out all over again and mysteriously awaken on the beach again, back in jeans and a t-shirt, with none of the valuable equipment I have spent hour upon hour collecting. Similarly, just occasionally the floor mysteriously breaks and I fall through it. I can't tell what that's all about, but it's beginning to get on my tits. >:(

[will this do?]

• Like 3

The outbreak was caused by unsupervised teenagers smearing their poop on buildings

• Like 1

I was a chief engineer on a commercial freighter. Sometime in early spring there was a big storm and I got swept from board trying to seal the cargo holds, I washed up on the shore with almost all my clothes washed from my body but fortunately without injuries. But damn was I hungry and thirsty! I later found the wreck at a place I later learned is called Rify.

There didn't seem to be any survivors from my crew. The country is called Chernarus, I learned all this by piecing together information on partial maps and road signs. The country seems to be deserted by it's residents. There are zombies...and they just want to rip your heart from your body. I never thought they could actually exist but in folklore tales to scare children, Boy, was I wrong. There must have been an effort to contain the zombies but it clearly failed. There is evidence of military activity, road blocks and refugee aid camps but they all left...or died...

Occasionally I see another "normal" human being but they seem as scared off me as I am of them. I am not sure if they are survivors from my ship or Chernarussians. I try to avoid them just like the zombies, I am not sure if they may carry some virus and many are armed and as desperate for supplies as me. I hope one day I can meet a few friendly survivors so we can work together and maybe find a way out of this God forsaken place.

Since I washed ashore I spend all my time trying to survive the environment and avoid the zombies while I wait for help. The woods and plains to the West and North are to dense to traverse, I would never make it out on foot. I find vehicles but most are broken down. Even if I am able to restore a vehicle the chances of making it out of this country are slim, fuel is very scarce. So at night, sitting in front of my tent at my campfire, far away from any zombie, I read a book I may have found somewhere. It may sound strange, but I have a cuddly bear in my tent, it comforts me and gives me sense of normality in this crazy land. I can only hope one day help comes or that I find a way out of this hell.