Captain_Chem

New NE Airfield Thoughts?

They made it a lot larger but removed all the hangars and prisons.

Why would they do that?  What kind of airfield doesn't have at least one hanger?

Meta building.

As for demilitarizing Balota, there is a fine line between whacks wanting no military equipment and limiting it.

• Like 1

Eh I did not want to hurt you, it's just that, in my humble opinion and experience, DayZ is everything except quick fix for deathmatch.

You are right, that human interaction is the best part of this game. It is just that such interaction should come naturaly no matter where on the map you are.

Back in the mod, the action was spread more evenly. You had crazy firefights in Chernogorsk and Elektro, but if you went more North-west, there was a lot of action as well.

Areas around Stary Sobor, Vybor, Pustoshka and North West Airfield were pretty dangerous, but no matter where you went, there was some chance to meet people since many folks loved to hide their tents around north and west edges of the map.

What I am trying to say is, that it would be such a pitty, if Dayz turned into endless deathmatch around Berezino and the rest of the map was dead.

I have nothing against you being new player, it's just when you type a post like you did, it simply perpetuates this problem.

For a change, try to skip Berezino and head west. Check Green Mountain, really nice place with jail building, check maybe Zelenogorsk, it also has military base and while you are in the west, why not to explore Vybor and Northwest airfield? I really wish that Standalone will get the level of player encounters it had in mod. Maybe with more loot at helicrashes, maybe they will create uniquie NATO outpost somewhere beyond Lopation or such... Whatever they do, I hope players will be naturaly forced to move around the map more than it is now.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot man :) HAV MA BEANZ!

• Like 1

I see what you mean but, I think we can agree that people is what makes this game fun and after 6 hours of nothing, I want to have fun.

People make the game fun, but only if it's actually surprising to see the people. There's someone running around at the NEAF every single time I visit it, much like there's always someone running around on the map if I join a Counter-Strike server. It defeats the entire point of DayZ, which is survival and exploration with unexpected encounters along the way.

• Like 1

People make the game fun, but only if it's actually surprising to see the people. There's someone running around at the NEAF every single time I visit it, much like there's always someone running around on the map if I join a Counter-Strike server. It defeats the entire point of DayZ, which is survival and exploration with unexpected encounters along the way.

Good point never thought of it that way

I like it. It made no sense for a huge open world, to be really only one airfield. This makes people actually DO shit, and everybody goes on their own path. This was the problem with old airfield.

PRE-NEAF CHANGE:

-Get looted

-Go to Berezino

-Go to NEAF, kill everything that moves

-Die

-Repeat

AFTER-NEAF CHANGE:

-Start your own journey, and explore the map.

I personally love the change, it makes the open world, be an open world, and not a small airfield, full of gunfights, and server hoppers.

I like the change myself. It's a ot more interesting now, but it feels very barren. It needs some aircraft wrecks and more zombies.

I noticed the only zombies there currently are soldier zombies and there are some APC/military truck wrecks. That makes me feel like there should be some military loot there, but it should be very scarce.

I agree. Everyone was either camping or server hopping at the NEAF and the update will spread the game out more

I agree. Everyone was either camping or server hopping at the NEAF and the update will spread the game out more

Naw, people will just camp and server hop closest popo station and office building.

My thoughts? This post is everything wrong with today's DayZ.

The point of the huge map is to move around on it, not for the devs to move spawns close to military spawns so you can have some sort of ez-mode DayZ with an effective world area the size of a Battlefield map.

Well, I don't think I agree with that totally. The map is very large, especially for 40 man servers, that  usually have no more than 20-30 at any given time. Everyone spawns east, so if there is no reason to hang east, they migrate west. Some explore, some go straight to NWAF, which also just got a major nerf to the loot. With this comes more diversity and spread among the players. That all sounds good except for:

The most important aspect of this game is interaction with other players. That might mean death-match, or teaming up, or trading, or sitting around a campfire eating super-easy-to-kill-deer. If they change it so much that we seldom get to interact, they destroy the thing that keeps people coming back. 

All that being said, it is alpha, and the goal at this point isn't to make a polished finished product, but instead to test different setups and game mechanics that will be in the final product. I think the 'migrate-west' type style will work a whole lot better on servers that have 100 peeps and loot respawns. I have no problem with the migration for now, but if they don't find a way to increase the interaction again, it will lose it's appeal to a lot of players. For those that say this is a 'survival game', it's not even close to a survival game ATM. It might be later, but right now, it lacks any challenge at all, and that is the key element in a pure survival game.

I like the New looks and all and the Idea of having a Civillian low loot Airfield, However i dislike the fact I will have to travel to Balota or NWAF for good Military loot again, In all I think this is a Awesome feature to the game, But they NEED a Hangar

Edited by Rhaptic

Does anyone have any pictures of what it looks like now?
Im living in the South West corner of the map, so i cant be arsed to run all the way back to "DM country" :)

Does anyone have any pictures of what it looks like now?

I ran by it the other night.  I think it looks really groovy, and certainly unfinished.  Trust in SenChi, he's good.

x3SfyNK.jpg

I think it looks decent, but it also looks a bit stupid.  Having no hangers of any kind at an airfield big enough for a full ATC is silly.

Well as far as i know this game is not made for DM! So its means hat you need to travel some distance to survive. I bet (hope) that most of players play the game not only dethmatching!