TheMachine

If you die in DayZ, you deserved it

Every time I die it's in a situation that I've deliberately put myself in, it was no ones fault but mine for 1. Being in that situation and 2. Not being good enough to survive.

Already I can hear the cries of 'BUT MUH NEW SPAWN, NIEN WEAPONS TO FIGHT BACK'. BS.

I bet about 99% of the whining about death is people looking for some fun killing and EASY LOOTZ in Berezino who then get killed by the people they were hunting. "Plz, we need to know who's a bandit". You're probably a bandit, asshole - you just aren't very good at it.

How hard is it to survive in DayZ and get cool stuff? Not hard at all, just don't shoot at anyone. 

It's simple. 

You suck.

You're looking for trouble and you're finding it, then not enjoying what you find.

Edited by TheMachine
  • Like 22

I'm left with struggling to understand what I did to that ladder..........

• Like 26

Every time I die it's in a situation that I've deliberately put myself in, it was no ones fault but mine for 1. Being in that situation and 2. Not being good enough to survive.

Already I can hear the cries of 'BUT MUH NEW SPAWN, NIEN WEAPONS TO FIGHT BACK'. BS.

I bet about 99% of the whining about death is people looking for some fun killing and EASY LOOTZ in Berezino and then get killed by the people they were hunting. "Plz, we need to know who's a bandit". You're probably a bandit, asshole - you just aren't very good at it.

How hard is it to survive in DayZ and get cool stuff? Not hard at all, just don't shoot at anyone. 

It's simple. 

You suck.

You're looking for trouble and you're finding it, then not enjoying what you find.

What if I'm simply looking in a house for a new pair of trousers, with more than two pockets? I'm unarmed.. then out of nowhere I get hacked in the back of the head until I'm dead.. did I really deserve it?

Your logic is flawed.

Stop trying to cover up the fact your a ruthless bandit, by telling people they deserved it if they die, what a cheap shot man.. thats how your post comes across to me anyway.

• Like 1

I bet about 99% of the whining about death is people looking for some fun killing and EASY LOOTZ in Berezino and then get killed by the people they were hunting. "Plz, we need to know who's a bandit". You're probably a bandit, asshole - you just aren't very good at it.

It's simple. 

You suck.

But...

BUGS. LAG. DESYNC. 

:huh: 

Which actually equate for all but 2 of my deaths in over 160 hours of play. But yes, those 2 deaths by the hands of others was ENTIRELY my fault. Carelessness, and communication error. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 6

1. Oh theres some rocks over there let me just go and stand on it to get a decent view of the area.....oh shit im flying in the air.

2. Lets climb this ladder to get a better view....oh shit im dead.

3. Just running through the field minding my own buisiness, oh a zombie from 800 metres away comes running at me and hits me even though its not near enough to me to hit me. Oh unconsious.

4. Running through wilderness guy in bush (sorry robot in bush) shoots me and doesnt speak a word or loot me.

5. Fell off stairs in barn, die instantly.

6. Hacker joins server and hunts down everyone in it.

So is this still my fault?

I suggest you think about what you say before you let shit come out your mouth and make yourself look stupid.

• Like 5

1. Oh theres some rocks over there let me just go and stand on it to get a decent view of the area.....oh shit im flying in the air.

2. Lets climb this ladder to get a better view....oh shit im dead.

3. Just running through the field minding my own buisiness, oh a zombie from 800 metres away comes running at me and hits me even though its not near enough to me to hit me. Oh unconsious.

4. Running through wilderness guy in bush (sorry robot in bush) shoots me and doesnt speak a word or loot me.

5. Fell off stairs in barn, die instantly.

6. Hacker joins server and hunts down everyone in it.

So is this still my fault?

I suggest you think about what you say before you let shit come out your mouth and make yourself look stupid.

I think this makes you a 1 percenter.  That stuff you mentioned is NOT even remotely what he was talking about at all.  Read the WHOLE post and I think you may actually agree with it in the end.

• Like 1

Oh man...

I've put around 200h into Standalone atm. During that time i've encountered, a rough guess: 30 people.

Out of those 30 people i have KOS'd two or three.
Out of those 30 two have KOS'd me.
So out of those 30 people, i've hand a convo with 25 people.

Few of those have naturally ended in someone's death because of hostility, retards or otherwise shit going south but majority have been decent people. Many of them i've teamed up with. Some of them are now in my Steam friends.

If you get KOS'd, your're doing something wrong. If you get executed, backstabbed, betrayed or some shit, you're doing something wrong.

I have no idea what these people are doing wrong but you kinda need to adapt to the people you are dealing with.
It's like, people going to a shithole biker bar straight up from Bieber gig and then crying when they get fucked up just for the giggles.

TL;DR

If you get KOS'd, work on your Dayz skills.
If you get killed for fun, work on your people skills.

• Like 2

What if I'm simply looking in a house for a new pair of trousers, with more than two pockets? I'm unarmed.. then out of nowhere I get hacked in the back of the head until I'm dead.. did I really deserve it?

Your logic is flawed.

Stop trying to cover up the fact your a ruthless bandit, by telling people they deserved it if they die, what a cheap shot man.. thats how your post comes across to me anyway.

Yes, you deserved it for not hearing the footsteps and taking steps to hide or fight. Or maybe for being there in the first place and not scoping it out first.

I imagine most of the people who complain about it not being 'fair' are liberal "GIB ME DAT" types who think they deserve stuff for merely existing. 

@ all the people who are complaining about bugs - no shit, obviously you don't deserve that.

Shit my legs magically break in houses all the time and then I'm dead.

We're talking about combat deaths.

Edited by TheMachine
  • Like 2

I think this makes you a 1 percenter.  That stuff you mentioned is NOT even remotely what he was talking about at all.  Read the WHOLE post and I think you may actually agree with it in the end.

Still dont agree with it.

I dont go around looking for trouble. I prefer the diplomatic approach when it comes to interaction. But some players are like robots and shoot and refuse to talk.

He says its not hard to survive in dayz. Food wise no it isnt. Its too easy, but then he says just dont shoot at anyone. What about those people that shoot at me for no reason?

Still dont agree with it.

I dont go around looking for trouble. I prefer the diplomatic approach when it comes to interaction. But some players are like robots and shoot and refuse to talk.

He says its not hard to survive in dayz. Food wise no it isnt. Its too easy, but then he says just dont shoot at anyone. What about those people that shoot at me for no reason?

True my dayz skills need work. However my people skills are fine thankyou very much. Unfortunately though many other players arnt. They seem to either be scared to talk and just shoot or shooting is their way of saying hello.

I would say about 70% of encounters end on good terms. But their are always people that shoot without thinking.

Talking down works with players that are actualy playing the game as it was meant to be played.

Some however are hellbent on shooting cus its all they know or because for teh lulz.

• Like 1

Shooting people without speaking gives you the advantage in overcoming that player if killing them is your goal. Speaking gives away a lot. Players in dayz are too concerned with "winning". That's the real problem

My latest encounter went like this.  I have a rider jacket and an axe, I meet a "bambi", we chat a bit and decide to team up.  We get to a construction site and get held up by a dude with a rifle.  I am around the corner so I pull my axe until he threatens to blast my new friend.  So put it on my back and go stand next to my "friend".  While the guy with the gun advances my "friend" goes behind me and starts hitting me in the back of the head to knock me out.  It was a trap all along and I fell for it. 

My fault?

You're goddamn right it was, I failed to follow the "trust no one" commandment of DayZ.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

They seem to either be scared to talk and just shoot or shooting is their way of saying hello.

This is exactly what i mean.

If you go say hello to someone and that someone responds with a bullet to the head, have you or have you not evaluated your current situation and action properly?

To me it seems you haven't is all.

Edit:

How about next time you make contact, make sure that if the person isn't cooperative or appears hostile, you have the control to end the aggressor before he can harm you or even better, ensure you have a safe way out of the situation so both of you can be on your way and keep breathing.

That there for me IS the challenge in dayz. Not the zombies, the hunger, the elements of any of that other shit but the PEOPLE playing it.

Establishing a contact and THEN surviving the PEOPLE.

Edited by Intactus
  • Like 2

Your logic is flawed.

^This. So much this.

Lot of that logic around this forum.

I deserve to be hit over the head or shot in the back by a player wearing a backpack with hundreds of bullets in it also wearing hiking boots that somehow made no sound running up behind me? Fuck off...

I deserve to be hit over the head or shot in the back by a player wearing a backpack with hundreds of bullets in it also wearing hiking boots that somehow made no sound running up behind me? Fuck off...

From my point of view, yes. You fully deserve that. (Thou boots making no sound is a shitty bug if there is such a bug.)

That dude beating you to death is your penalty for not paying proper attention to your surroundings/situation.

I mean c'mon...

Dying like that, have you or have you not evaluated your current situation and actions properly?

Edit: I know a finnish dude that loves Dayz. He's been deaf for all his life so not hearing shit is the everyday life for him. He still loves it.

(Thou we had to tell him to mute his headset on teamspeak cause he used to make these... sounds when he got exited and couldn't hear himself.) =D

He was like "oh shit, really?" He had no idea...

Edited by Intactus
  • Like 1

From my point of view, yes. You fully deserve that. (Thou boots making no sound is a shitty bug if there is such a bug.)

That dude beating you to death is your penalty for not paying proper attention to your surroundings/situation.

I mean c'mon...

Dying like that, have you or have you not evaluated your current situation and actions properly?

There is no possible way you can account for that unless you search a whole town before even going in one building you don't know what's going to happen the second you turn round.

Too many people round here act like it's possible to pick up stuff while looking behind you and in a 360 degrees radius around you as well as have extra sensory projection to look outside and know somebody is coming in.

Just because it's never happened to you doesn't mean you're especially good at the game you're just lucky nobody has happened to walk in behind you.

You never know who's about to walk round a corner or in the same house you did shutting the door doesn't give you almighty protection.

Some things in this game are time consuming, you can not protect yourself while doing them...I wish people would stop acting like they're badass scouts that know where everyone is at all times when they're just lucky.

Oh i'm by no means a badass or anything, it's just that i don't see that i have any right to judge any other players playstyle.
I sure as shit wouldn't want anyone to tell me how to play my sandbox game.

So when someone kills me for any reason in this game, i tend to think afterwards about how it really came to this, and 99% of the time i realize that i could've avoided that or that i took a necessary risk etc.
I dont care if it's a player of a zombie that kills me, it's all the same hostile environment that is Dayz.

Never ever did i got pissed at the dude killing me, just for myself for allowing me to become a victim like that.
A few times i've died to some really cunning trap or gameplay that i did not see coming and on those occasions, i'd like to congratulate the dude personally for doing his shit well.

• Like 1

True enough that most deaths are "asked" for.

My most recent death however happened at server restart, I simply reconnected and found myself dead. No explanation, no reason.

Your logic is flawed.

Double alt is a thing....

Completely your fault, I have never died looting other than to bugs. 

sickening death on hardcore 60+ hour character 2 days ago. logged into an upstairs of a  remote-ish building in novod to footsteps running up then bang. my own fault, even if it was bad luck.

While the basic premise of the thread is true, I struggle to accept that being killed by teleporting hackers is entirely my fault in this game. And it happens far too often.

I was searching the balota military base when the server I was in lagged out. I was in the middle of a tent.

I joined another server and the game took its sweet time to load my screen but my character was already spawned in. He was being beaten by zombies while I couldn't do anything.

I don't think I deserved that.

What exactly was the point of this thread?

Thank you, Sir Captain Obvious VII, for pointing out that when someone makes a mistake, it's their fault. I could never have guessed.

But no, it is not necessarily one's fault for choosing to interact with someone who ends up killing them. At that point it's like saying; "It's your fault you got killed because you were inside World Trade Center 1 when the plane hit."

What exactly was the point of this thread?

Thank you, Sir Captain Obvious VII, for pointing out that when someone makes a mistake, it's their fault. I could never have guessed.

But no, it is not necessarily one's fault for choosing to interact with someone who ends up killing them. At that point it's like saying; "It's your fault you got killed because you were inside World Trade Center 1 when the plane hit."

im not defending the thread or anything, but i dont agree with what you said at the end. where you compare dying from interacting with someone in dayz to dying in any kind of random accident or whatever.

because, people in a random accident dont have any control over the situation, where as in dayz interacting with someone is a choice, and a risk , right?