Sign in to follow this  
Odrakis (DayZ)

Strange Sound in 0.46?

Hello Guys'n'Gals!

I don´t know if it´s just me, my computer, my headset or whatever - it just drives me insane!

Whenever I play DayZ I am getting totally paranoid, every crack, every sound makes me go completly crazy!

So what I discovered on Stable 0.46 might be a bug - in the game or my computer :D

Whats happening?

I am in the woods or somewhere else and every few seconds a hear something hat sounds like canonshots. It is barely recognizable and I only hear it with my headset on. It is such a faint sound in a pretty far away distance that it is REALLY hard to hear. But it god damn drives me even more crazy than everything else. Yesterday night (in real life) I got so crazy I thought I pass out and wet my pants, that sound is unbearable and it gives me the creeps!

So has someone else experienced this or is it something with my tech (or my ears? :D)?

Edited by Odrakis

i remember reading about someone that is Hearing strange morsecode Sound from power lines!

maybe ist the heli Crash site Locations transmitted via morsecode (too good to be true!)

Edited by brumey

I don't play with headset, but I do know that there are tons of 'random' sounds. Like the sound of ammo being reshuffled, a fence, zombies etc... The zombies & ammo sounds are a bug, the fence sound is rudimentary from Arma era I believe. I hope they remove it. Same goes for twigs snapping.. The only ambient sound I can stand are the birds in the forest.

Never heard anything you described, though. But since you say it's very faint it might be because I'm not using a headset. And honestly there's so much background noise in this game at the moment, I've learned to ignore it usually. 

i remember reading about someone that is Hearing strange morsecode Sound from power lines!

maybe ist the heli Crash site Locations transmitted via morsecode (too good to be true!)

I don´t think that´s what I heard.

Imagine a large, old canon being shot. Now think of it pretty far away and you get this sound. I ran from north Chernarus to the direction of Mogilevka and had it all the time. You could compare the sound to a faint & slow heartbeat, that would fit too.

Imagine a large, old canon being shot. Now think of it pretty far away and you get this sound. I ran from north Chernarus to the direction of Mogilevka and had it all the time. You could compare the sound to a faint & slow heartbeat, that would fit too.

Prolly dupers spamming nades....another guy posted a simliar exp lead them to devils castle where they killed the dupers 

No way, it was something enviroment like, where only a handfull of players online, one of them a friend of mine who didn´t hear anything like that.

So it remains a mystery. Or maybe I can record it tonight when my time allows it to play.

IT WAS THE GAS STATION BUGGIN GOUT

Edited by brumey

yes, sometimes gas stations explode and the sound is carried even from solnichny to novod.. 

Gas station explosions can be heard very far away, and they actually continue to explode at regular intervals when they have first been blown up.

Do helicrashes not make exploding noises as well, we heard a ton of explosions while hiking through the woods at the weekend and put it down to that.

Hello Guys'n'Gals!

I don´t know if it´s just me, my computer, my headset or whatever - it just drives me insane!

Whenever I play DayZ I am getting totally paranoid, every crack, every sound makes me go completly crazy!

So what I discovered on Stable 0.46 might be a bug - in the game or my computer :D

Whats happening?

I am in the woods or somewhere else and every few seconds a hear something hat sounds like canonshots. It is barely recognizable and I only hear it with my headset on. It is such a faint sound in a pretty far away distance that it is REALLY hard to hear. But it god damn drives me even more crazy than everything else. Yesterday night (in real life) I got so crazy I thought I pass out and wet my pants, that sound is unbearable and it gives me the creeps!

So has someone else experienced this or is it something with my tech (or my ears? :D)?

sounds very interesting to me. Do you know what daytime it was?

Also hear those shots, very strange.

First I thought it might a very bad new sound for a thunder, but then I hear like 3 or 4 right after another.

The server was full, so grenades it could be, but if odrakis claims he's sure it was not in his case?

Daytime was about 15:00

I know what you mean and I've experienced this "cannon shot" sound for quite some time now (possible since the alpha's release). The sound is not a gas station explosion as it occurs at more frequent intervals (maybe separated by a second or two). 

I really only hear it near Guba so Its gotta be the gas station

I know what you mean and I've experienced this "cannon shot" sound for quite some time now (possible since the alpha's release). The sound is not a gas station explosion as it occurs at more frequent intervals (maybe separated by a second or two). 

Thank you!^^

I tested it only with speakers - couldn´t hear something similar. I am only able to hear that sounds with my headphones. Pretty strange...

This could be explosives in the distance, grenades, gas stations. The further away the lower the bass and thus mostly only hear able with headsets or very good speakers. Also keep in mind that some sound effects are quickly recorded, not edited or filtered and that some background noise of the person recording them (ambient or others) might be caught up by the mic and make it in the the quick sound release.

My mate and I were in an empty server last night and both heard the same noise through our headsets (even though we both knew there werent any other players in with us it freaked us out!). We were on the coast near Balota and checked the nearby gas stations for an explosion but came up with nothing. We put it down to a sound bug but it would be good to get an explanation (if there is one).

It could be your headphones making a popping sound. In DayZ every sound feels like it's amplifired 1000x due to paranoia. Probably something with your headset or... you're going crazy. Lol jk, but seriously, try another set of headphones, see if it continues, and record your gameplay, see if other people can hear it,

About 3-4 years ago, I had a headset, which once played creepy pipe organ music while the pc was turned off, another one some sort of radio etc. I don't know why either

Never heard that, All I hear is Zombies groaning when I am FAR from any zombie in sight

Again, assuming O.P. and I are talking about the same thing, the sounds are separated by only 1-2 seconds and occur at regular intervals for short periods of time. It almost sounds like a large drum in the distance. "BOOM-BOOM-BOOM" ......."BOOM-BOOM-BOOM". I've heard these faint booms for many months now but it doesn't always occur when I play.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Okay, so here is a small update: I am just able to hear this "booms" with my headphones on and I guess it is somekind of to much bass in the audio settings of my PC. If I play on speakers I use a different audio profile. But I gonna check out how the "headphone profile" turns out when using my speakers and playing dayz.

It is said that when some of the population of Chernarus tried to escape the zombie infection using small fishing boats they were relentlessly shot at by navy ships and sunk.

I hope they introduce fog soon to this game, it would make it 10 times more scary.