leefriendfield

Here is the information I gathered about the CR527 from the in-game files

The differences would be quite obvious. The varmint model has a 25.6 inch barrel and also has no iron sights vs the carbine which has iron sights and only an 18.5 inch barrel. The differences would be quite obvious. Plus the description could substitute reading the caliber markers on the barrel.

Thanks for the model

I can imagine flashbangs being found in police stations for riots. Kind of a cool introduction. 

Not 100% sure but I think flashbang was moved to heli crashes only.

Which is a good move, becouse server hopper could farm flashbangs from police station too easy.

The differences would be quite obvious. The varmint model has a 25.6 inch barrel and also has no iron sights vs the carbine which has iron sights and only an 18.5 inch barrel. The differences would be quite obvious. Plus the description could substitute reading the caliber markers on the barrel.

Ic was not aware of the barrel length difference.

25 inch barrel huh it must send those rounds out screaming.

There are actually 2 different varmint .223 models:

1. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-varmint-223-rem-5-rd-mag-2/   Walnut stock and 25.6 inch barrel

and my favorite

2. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-varmint-223-rem-5-rd-mag-grey-laminate/  Grey laminate stock and a 24inch barrel.

Personally I would prefer No.2 due to aesthetics and I think is more fitting to its role of varmint rifle and police sharp shooter rifle. I mean a gun that can shoot  standard mil-spec 55gr bullets into sub 1.5 MOA and smaller has my vote.

One gun review showing possible accuracy and velocities from varmint .223 load. (Scroll to the bottom)

http://www.shootingtimes.com/2010/09/23/longgun_reviews_cz_0728/

Edited by Fuddinator

There are actually 2 different varmint .223 models:

1. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-varmint-223-rem-5-rd-mag-2/   Walnut stock and 25.6 inch barrel

and my favorite

2. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-varmint-223-rem-5-rd-mag-grey-laminate/  Grey laminate stock and a 24inch barrel.

Personally I would prefer No.2 due to aesthetics and I think is more fitting to its role of varmint rifle and police sharp shooter rifle. I mean a gun that can shoot  standard mil-spec 55gr bullets into sub 1.5 MOA and smaller has my vote.

That grey Laminate is sexy.

I notice the twist rate is a 1:9 never been a fan of that twist rate in anything other than basic Ar15s.

Really wish Manufacturers would make bolt guns in .223 with a twist rate of 1:8 or 1:7 to stabilize those heavier 77 grain bullets you can readily buy now.

Those new bullets really stretch out the effective range on the guns.

A 1:9 twist rate in a 24 inch barrel is enough to stabilize heavier bullets. Maybe up to 69gr?

Either way, the 5.56/.223 bolt action rifle I would love to see added is the Mossberg MVP series.

.223 bolt action that uses standard AR-15 mags.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/rifles/centerfire/mvp-series

Yea the mvp series is cool although if they do add a cz varmint rifle I don't see a need for one.

I also hope if they do add that cz varmint rifle it does not have iron sights and comes with a fixed power optic say a 10x mildot optic.

The mvp series is a pretty unique rifle though I hate the flex series though.

2e1e88e852.png

I said god daam at those velocity numbers.

Edited by gibonez

same damage as M4 :rolleyes:

than, who will use this instead of the mosin? :rolleyes:

^this^

it will take 1-4 shots kill someone with the cz527. And because it's a bolt-action-rifle it will take~5-10s.

And it only holds 5 rounds in the magazine...

Dayum...

• Like 1

^this^

it will take 1-4 shots kill someone with the cz527. And because it's a bolt-action-rifle it will take~5-10s.

And it only holds 5 rounds in the magazine...

Dayum...

I would assume they will eventually fix the damage all of the weapons cause to more realistic levels.

There is no reason why the m4 should kill with so many rounds. 1-2 hits, 1 to the chest to knock someone out or 1 to the head to flatout kill them.

• Like 1

I would assume they will eventually fix the damage all of the weapons cause to more realistic levels.

There is no reason why the m4 should kill with so many rounds. 1-2 hits, 1 to the chest to knock someone out or 1 to the head to flatout kill them.

I started going through the guns and polishing things up a bit.  The pistols, in particular, seem to have have a silly amount of dispersion. I was missing zombies with well aimed shots at ~25m. I calculated the MOA for one of the pistols to be ~300. 

About the M4 damage - current values were recommended by Gews.  Feedback from Iraq and A-stan indicate that the average number of hits it took to instantly incapacitate an enemy was 7 from the M4. Hell if I can find the article now but yeah...I'm sure it could one-shot drop a woodchuck.

Here's an article filled with quotes and anecdotes about the evolution of .223 into the 77gr bullets they are today and how they're performing in the field. Not the report I saw before but you'll get the idea.  And keep in mind that most soldiers are issued the 62gr rounds.  You can't want both realism and 1-shot drops from an M4.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2004/08/the_last_big_lie_of_vietnam_ki.html

• Like 1

Here's an article filled with quotes and anecdotes about the evolution of .223 into the 77gr bullets they are today and how they're performing in the field. Not the report I saw before but you'll get the idea.  And keep in mind that most soldiers are issued the 62gr rounds.  You can't want both realism and 1-shot drops from an M4.

I think part of the problem is the characters ability to shrug off rounds without a care in the world. The damage value of the weapons might be fine but most of the strangeness is probably attributed to players being able to take multiple rifle hits and sprint away like a healthy marathon runner.No limping, no hurt stances, no incapacitation I do remember seeing a hurt animation in an experimental patch a long time ago it was pretty fantastic.  Although I am sure this might or will change seeing as the damage model is probably still very early and a work in progress.

Curious about the damage in Standalone however is it tied to the velocity of the round as it hits the player much like Arma 2 ? or is it completely different for stand alone.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 1

I started going through the guns and polishing things up a bit.  The pistols, in particular, seem to have have a silly amount of dispersion. I was missing zombies with well aimed shots at ~25m. I calculated the MOA for one of the pistols to be ~300. 

About the M4 damage - current values were recommended by Gews.  Feedback from Iraq and A-stan indicate that the average number of hits it took to instantly incapacitate an enemy was 7 from the M4. Hell if I can find the article now but yeah...I'm sure it could one-shot drop a woodchuck.

Are there plans for adding stopping power to the guns tho?

Like for exemple if you hit sprinting player so he trip and fall on the ground?

Caliber is changing. Art was told to make this in 5.56mm by design, but that was before design moved all 5.56 to crashsites so we decided this week to rebarrel the 527 in 7.62x39 and might later add a full-length 527 varmint in 5.56 sometime in the future.  

I have to thank you, this is very nice present for  my today's birthday.

I've though that this fine hunting rifle needs to be first added in surely more common 7.62x39 then 5.56, which feeds helicrash M4.

Also very nice change. Maybe pistol ammo, specificaly 9mm, will get it's damage slightly buffed?

If average survivor can keep on living even after getting shot to the body more then 10 times, it is making some pistols kinda meh.

Overal it is nice to see you guys reconsider some stuff.

Maybe, one day, you will give us AK74 in 5,45x39  ^_^

If average survivor can keep on living even after getting shot to the body more then 10 times, it is making some pistols kinda meh.

Yeah this. It's not issue that weapons not kill in 1-2 shots but that the guy can just sprint like nothing happened after getting 2 bullets in chest.

Some addional efects of being shot except from bleeding would be nice, like being unable to run/sprint, hold 2 handed weapons etc etc.

Or something from gibonez thread about incapacitation/kinetic

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/189882-incapacitation-kinectic-knockdown-discussion/

Edited by Frosti

Ah, I only suggested the initial velocity and the aerodynamics, no damage. ;)

Its almost like...the rifle is a work in progress and isn't ready to be released to experimental yet  :)

Caliber is changing. Art was told to make this in 5.56mm by design, but that was before design moved all 5.56 to crashsites so we decided this week to rebarrel the 527 in 7.62x39 and might later add a full-length 527 varmint in 5.56 sometime in the future.  

Sounds are being made atm, along with new reload animations. 

Yep completely understand that this wil change. I pulled out these files to get a very small picture of what this gun will be for and how it can be used. I should have added that this is most likely to change in under that overview, now that I'm thinking of it I will add it now.

Glad to see Scoobaman on forum, twiter is awfull media imo. So CZ will have 5 rds mag? Kind of downfall for me. And glad to hear that pistols are being fixed, I realy like CZ75 but its realy not efective at the moment.

• Like 1

Ah, I only suggested the initial velocity and the aerodynamics, no damage. ;)

7 shots even to an extremely drugged out person seems insanely excessive.

As far as the lethality of 5.56 the only thing I can think of is the D.C sniper from back in 2003. All of the victims were shot once with an ar 15 and of the 13 that were shot in either the abdomen, chest or head only 3 survived.

If the 5.56 is considered weak I am scared for the people that get shot with anything more "powerful".

Problem with 5.56 is that the "yawing" and "fragmentation" needed for it to be a man stopper is pretty much random. It is all based on the kind of round used (FMJ vs. HP. vs LAP), velocity when it hits target, what it hits in target. If the bullet yaws in the body and expends all its energy, it will put a man down. If not, it is nothing more than a really fast .22. Before the arguements start, there is a big difference between lethality and incapacitation. I can shoot a man in the stomache with a .223 and cause massive internal bleeding. It may be a lethal wound, but he can still shoot back and not incapacitated. 

Either way I would choose the 7.62x39mm over 5.56/5.45 due to the one fact that the 7.62x39mm will go through more obstructions (such as trees, walls, and doors) without deflecting and hit target. My personal favorite gun IRL and in game is the M1A/M14 battle rifle. Generally, if you hit someone with a 7.62x51mm/.308 Win. they won't continue fighting.

Ether way im eager to give this long range rifle a decent testing once it pops up. Hopefully that other long range rifle scope will pop up with it as well that was found in files earlier back.

• Like 1

Ether way im eager to give this long range rifle a decent testing once it pops up. Hopefully that other long range rifle scope will pop up with it as well that was found in files earlier back.

Just because a rifle is a bolt action does not make it a long range rifle.

Heck its a carbine that fires a relatively slow moving, aerodynamic bullet with heavy bullet drop.

This should in theory be as useful as the akm.

Problem with 5.56 is that the "yawing" and "fragmentation" needed for it to be a man stopper is pretty much random. It is all based on the kind of round used (FMJ vs. HP. vs LAP), velocity when it hits target, what it hits in target. If the bullet yaws in the body and expends all its energy, it will put a man down. If not, it is nothing more than a really fast .22. Before the arguements start, there is a big difference between lethality and incapacitation. I can shoot a man in the stomache with a .223 and cause massive internal bleeding. It may be a lethal wound, but he can still shoot back and not incapacitated. 

Either way I would choose the 7.62x39mm over 5.56/5.45 due to the one fact that the 7.62x39mm will go through more obstructions (such as trees, walls, and doors) without deflecting and hit target. My personal favorite gun IRL and in game is the M1A/M14 battle rifle. Generally, if you hit someone with a 7.62x51mm/.308 Win. they won't continue fighting.

Yea I think that is part of the problem the lack of any type of incapacitation system in game.

Perhaps they can tackle this by assigning different bleed rates to various parts of the body with different calibers.

5.56 having a high internal bleeding rate so while it does not remove blood it just counts down from a timer before you character is knocked out from loss of blood.

say we start at a number like 100 for the internal blood.

A 5.56 to the chest could have a internal blood loss number of 20/s so if you get shot in the chest it takes 5 seconds of constant bleeding before you are knocked out.

Stomach shot is 10/s , arms 5/s, heart if they can manage to get that detailed would be 50/s.

Each following shot only adds to the internal blood loss .

So person A is shot 2 times with a 5.56 1 time to the chest, 1 time to the stomach right after the 2nd shot player A would only have 60 blood left on his character and would be incapacitated in a total of 2.3 seconds of bleeding without bandaging.

Edited by gibonez

Just because a rifle is a bolt action does not make it a long range rifle.

Heck its a carbine that fires a relatively slow moving, aerodynamic bullet with heavy bullet drop.

This should in theory be as useful as the akm.

So it will be a heavy hitter like the AKM? lol

That is true but they still have that 12xs hunter scope to put in or whenever they decide its appropriate to release it if ever.

So it will be a heavy hitter like the AKM? lol

That is true but they still have that 12xs hunter scope to put in or whenever they decide its appropriate to release it if ever.

Yes heavy hitter at close range but it will have severe bullet drop making long range shots really hard as your scope would run out of elevation.

Ill explain at 500m 5.56 drops about 86 inches meanwhile 7.62x39 drops  150 inches or so. 7.62x39 is just a heavier bullet traveling at much slower speeds.

The problem is this game has Easy mode noob friendly range estimation so as long as you know the range to the target simple page up clicks will get your bullet there.

Had this game had angular real life elevation adjustments using the 5.56 or 7.62x39 for anything past 300m would be really tought and hard as your mistakes in elevation are not as forgiving as they are now.

Edited by gibonez

Yes heavy hitter at close range but it will have severe bullet drop making long range shots really hard as your scope would run out of elevation.

Ill explain at 500m 5.56 drops about 86 inches meanwhile 7.62x39 drops  150 inches or so. 7.62x39 is just a heavier bullet traveling at much slower speeds.

Not complaining about any of this as long as it hits harder than the god awful .22 Sporter.

Not complaining about any of this as long as it hits harder than the god awful .22 Sporter.

It will and it should.