Sign in to follow this  
d.walker43

location of balota airstrip?

Hi guys, so I just bought dayz yesterday and have been searching vainly for the balota airfield. I have a compass, but not a map. Right now I am next to the crashed cargo boat, known as Rify. If you can tell me what direction to go to get to either balota, which I hear is the closest, or any other nearby airfield please tell me. Thanks!

if you are playing on stable then there's an airfield west and slightly north of where you are. balota is the the furthest away airfield from you. It's in the south west of the map on the coast. 

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

You are north east on the map...south of svetlo, east of khelm, north of berezino

Edited by freethink
  • Like 2

If you require a map you can easily use the ingame browser in the steam overlay for it.

Run down the coastal road for about 17 km, it's on your right, can't miss it.

• Like 3

You are a bit ways away. You would want to run down the coast keeping the ocean to your left side... It is after Cherno and Electro. You cant miss them. Then it would be on your right. I highly suggest you use http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus to navigate through the map until you get a solid knowledge of the map.

lmao following the coast road :P

You could just run direct SW and cut off like 50% of the time it would take using the road, but NEAF is much closer to you anyway, like 3 mins vs 20 mins running.

Bolata is a great place to loot. But be careful there. Ya see the problem with Bolata is its right on the coast. Directly north of the air strip theres a sniper hill and at the top of it several high rises that are great places for snipers to fire out of. If you take fire, its hard to get out of. If there are people camping it is deadly. But isn't every where lol Also for some reason lately it seems to be a more zombies spawn there then normal, but I have not been there sense right before .45 patch so this may have changed.

As far as pvp goes I think it has died down there, and the current fad is to pvp on the east coast. So my last few passes through there were quite....but knowing this nutty game we play I would take that with a grain of salt.

The ATC, barracks and PD are pretty good. Really my fav part of Bolata is not the airstrip it self. But the Tent city right south of it on the road. Long range scope seem to spawn there almost every time, and there's tons of other military gear that spawns there. Its dam near as good as NWAF. NEAF is my least fav airfield for finding gear, kind of skimpy there. Although .46 it looks like NEAF is getting re done so this may all change. When I say this I'm talking military gear. 

If you get a spawn near electro, it really just minutes away if you haul ass, But if you spawn more north, just go to NEAF there's also K town and the new town NW of NEAFand the new city NW of NEAF. which is a great looting spot. Or get just enough to live off of to get there.

Edited by CJFlint

if you are playing on stable then there's an airfield west and slightly north of where you are.

Are you trying to tell me, that on experimental there is no NE Airfield?

Are you trying to tell me, that on experimental there is no NE Airfield?

I think it's gone from stable too now. It's replaced by a civilian airfield with an atc, warehouse and little else. It's a work in progress.

So ive been told general population for looting etc goes to militairy base near balota/ airstrip.. ive been camping pretty busy servers for 2 days now still didnt stumble upon people. Where is a good place to try and meet people. This apo world gets lonely :(

So ive been told general population for looting etc goes to militairy base near balota/ airstrip.. ive been camping pretty busy servers for 2 days now still didnt stumble upon people. Where is a good place to try and meet people. This apo world gets lonely :(

There are always hackers at NEAF...

...And generally Berezino and the surrounding areas have some action.

If you're more hardcore, try NWAF.. I get in a lot of fire-fights there, and the variety of "kinds" of players is a little more mixed. NWAF attracts lone wolves and groups alike, and most people are moderately to well geared.

• Like 3

NWAF is were its' at imo. you can get pretty geared  along the way an the finish things off there or the nearby towns.