Irish.

Running forward while in your inventory?

I keep seeing this in videos, people running forward while they are in their inventory moving things around..

And I ask myself, "WAHTDAFUQ?!"

How is such sorcery accomplished?! Must I learn the ancient secrets of hacking or coding to write myself a special script to make magical moments happen while in my inventory? Must I pray to the Almighty Creator, Dean? Is it human sacrifice that is required? 

HOW, JUST HOW I ASK YOU! ..because whenever I open my inventory my guy just sort of gives up like a mad puppy and sits still until I give him some attention. 

o.O

Edited by lrish

You never run/walked while searching stuff in your trousers/jacket? Not full sprint of course but yeh, I do it quite a lot.  

You never run/walked while searching stuff in your trousers/jacket? Not full sprint of course but yeh, I do it quite a lot.  

No, perhaps its my keys being rebound but No. I cannot move at all while my inventory is open.

Again, I ask myself, "DUHFUKS?" :/

It's easy. Just walk/run and press tab. xD

You see in real life you really can't do this so in many ways I don't like the fact you can do it in DayZ. That said, I do believe that you should be able to take things out of your pockets, just not in and out your rucksack.

However in regard to the OPs question, I have two ways I can run. One of them is to double tap the W key (standard for most people) the other is my 4th mouse button that is bound to the run. I quite like that as it gives me a way of automatically sprinting out of danger without the worry of needing to judge the double tap. That said, if I use my mouse button bind for running and bring up my inventory, my character stops. However if I use the double tapped W and access the inventory then I can continue running. I use the standard [tab] for the inventory.

So, in short, it may be the way you have your bindings.

• Like 1

Bind a key to Fast Forward.

Thank you, I was assuming it had to do with that.. :)

No, perhaps its my keys being rebound but No. I cannot move at all while my inventory is open.

Again, I ask myself, "DUHFUKS?" :/

Access inventory WHILE sprint/run, that's the deal

Access inventory WHILE sprint/run, that's the deal

Its my binding.. When I am running, and I hit my inventory key it stops me in my tracks. But Bone hit the nail for me.. I need to bind a fast forward key, and make it so its not HOLD DOWN to use it, and just TAP. 

Cannot believe I have played this game for 2 years and just now figured out I was missing out on that. LOL. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

I wonder what's wrong with your controls, some things can only be found by moving while having the inventory open o.O

Its my binding.. When I am running, and I hit my inventory key it stops me in my tracks. But Bone hit the nail for me.. I need to bind a fast forward key, and make it so its not HOLD DOWN to use it, and just TAP. 

Cannot believe I have played this game for 2 years and just now figured out I was missing out on that. LOL. 

As I say, I use the double tap W to run and I can look at the inventory and continue running. It's when I use my bound mouse button that I can't. So while I'm glad you;ve got it sorted, what you are experiencing is the opposite to me.

• Like 1

As I say, I use the double tap W to run and I can look at the inventory and continue running. It's when I use my bound mouse button that I can't. So while I'm glad you;ve got it sorted, what you are experiencing is the opposite to me.

Its because I use a Nostromo, Razor Mamba, and a keyboard. The Nostromo and its rebinding messes with things. Ive had it this way all along, so I just never caught on to it.. :P

• Like 1

A Nostromo? Seriously? Bloody hell. I honestly have never known anyone to use one of those.

Razor mice are lovely though. I had a hammerhead that I loved like a child but sadly they are so expensive to replace I've had to make do with a much cheaper mouse.

• Like 1

Happens to me to when using Arrow keys (Up, Down, Left, Right) to move instead of the default bindings WASD.

I have all movements "double-bound" now so I can use WASD if I want to move with the menu open but I can NOT move when I use the Arrow keys with the menu open.

• Like 1

Dude you played the game as it should be!

No crazy running while rumaging through backpack!

I wish only stuff in jacket,tac vest and pants could be put on hotbar and accessed while running.

Stuff in backpack should be accessible only via inventory screen (tab), but that should make your dude crouch and stop.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 1

A Nostromo? Seriously? Bloody hell. I honestly have never known anyone to use one of those.

Razor mice are lovely though. I had a hammerhead that I loved like a child but sadly they are so expensive to replace I've had to make do with a much cheaper mouse.

I am an amazing helicopter pilot because of it. :)

..also I come from Console gaming up until 2 years ago, Im here on PC because of DayZ. So the Nostromo was a really good way to make that transition smoother. I still use it because I enjoy playing on the couch and the pilot part really helps. 

Edited by lrish

Yea we need an animation that stops you from moving when you access the inventory.

Being able to fully sprint and move around with full access to your inventory is so dumb.

Its because I use a Nostromo, Razor Mamba, and a keyboard. The Nostromo and its rebinding messes with things. Ive had it this way all along, so I just never caught on to it.. :P

I use a Belkin n52te (basically the same thing, even uses a Razer Synapse chip for macro and config storage- and I got it before the Nostromo came out). Zero support for it anymore though but luckily I've had no issues with it except new computers, hardest ever drivers to find and the Razer ones don't work with it :(

Anyway back on topic I've never had any problem with opening inventory while running either, just saying since the pads are so similar I don't think it's that.

I highly recommend at least trying one, give it a decent week because it takes some time to get used to and get configured to your liking, but once you do it's more comfortable and much faster than using a keyboard. And you can bind a LOT of keys, it has 3 separate layouts per config that are switchable on the fly, so between the 15 keys you have 45 binds.

(Speaking for the n52te here. Never used the Nostromo, but I got the impression reading somewhere that it has slightly different and IMO worse features despite it being newer and exactly the same hardware.)

Eh, torn on this one.

I do think accessing your inventory should be something of a concerted action.

But with the "vicinity" system, the fact that you can't really carry a second primary weapon, and the current need to reload via the inventory with some set-ups (which is being changed) I think it's necessary.

But yeah, I hope the issue resolves for you Irish. I've never had an issue with it.