Sign in to follow this  
crazykage

Why I kill other players (outsided of defense/necesity):

DayZ is a sandbox,

And in a sandbox bigger kids bully and beat up smaller kids, steal their toys and destroy their sand castles :D

Sandbox bitch! Don't like it don;t play here :D

• Like 2

I've tried theHunter - probably the best, most realistic hunting simulator.

After a while I got bored of sniping animals with my rifle.

Then I tried a revolver and sneaking closer to them. That got boring aswell.

Eventually I grabbed a bow and learned how to get really close.

Guess what? It got boring.

DayZ on the other hand...

The ultiamate prey - smart, unpredictable, dangerous, fighting till the very end. No place for mistakes, no place for d*cking around. You're the hunter and the prey. When you're busy watching your target somebody might be watching you. The excitement never fades...

• Like 1

The ultiamate prey - smart, unpredictable, dangerous, fighting till the very end.

The gas maskers?

Becouse you won't tell me you think about NEAF bambies..

The gas maskers?

Becouse you won't tell me you think about NEAF bambies..

No point hunting unarmed bambies who would try to rush you with their fists. 

You gotta choose people that are capable of travelling west and have some gear worth fighting for.

Bambi hunting is more like shooting range: kinda boring and in most cases only good for testing new weapons.

• Like 1

Sometimes I like to 'hunt' players but then get close enough to tell them to turn around.  When they do, I have my gun out, obviously, but then tell them what they could have done to make themselves a bit harder to follow.  I see no need to outright kill them after that so I let them go... It is just the hunt, not the killing after all.

Best thing in life is life itself! Everything else comes second!

Killing on sight in dayz, well that's a cowards way out! Means your too scared to give him any chance! Same reason why snipers snipe from distance because they are safe. It's more intense to see a guy and let him know you are there and wait to see what he does. There no skill or reward for shooting someone in the back. It's more satisfying making an interaction first, whether it's turns out good or bad, instead of just firing on sight. I have even fired random shots sometimes to make sure the guy knows someone's around.

Edited by BossFi

The best thing in life is victory. And taking someone's life is the ultimate victory over them. Most of us can't or won't go around killing people IRL for various reasons so for some the next best thing is killing them in DayZ. And because it takes time and effort to gear up it is more meaningful than killing them in CoD or other games like that.

this is the worst comment i have read so far on dayz forum, good job

Well they're wrong, more people have the game than there are people on the forum.

There are only like 1-2 thousand people active on this forum, compared to the amount of people that have the game that is barely statistically relevant.

Ok so let me get this straight. Pbecause there are less people in the forums then in the game that makes the forum not relevant somehow? That also seems to mean they arent part of the gaming community becuase of there numbers?

How does that work? Does this make sense to anyone?

Who decides at what number a forum becomes relevant? you?

No it's just not the almost only play style.

I'm sorry could you repeat that again this time in english....

The game is supposed to be a survival game not murder unarmed people because you happened to see them,

The game is a sandbox game... meaning its not supposed to be played a certain way like you seem to think.

would you do that in real life?

The game aims to be as authentic as possible but the people who play it? Not really they don't act like they would in a zombie apocalypse they just want to go pew pew pew at everything that moves in the most casual gamer mindset ever whilst claiming to be the hardcore players.

Oh boy...Trying to use that tired old argument ay? Lets just knock that down right now....

We are playing a FICTIONAL GAME under FICTIONAL circumstances in a FICTIONAL land. You cant logically compare this game to what would happen in real life.....

Yeah we have the choice but what good does it do when practically nobody doesn't treat it like GTA?

Though in hindsight at least in future games these people who think DayZ is the ultimate game will probably stay with it and pollute the genuine gamer community less.

Oh so now the dayz gamer isnt even a gamer and somehow "pollutes" the community?

what makes a gamer genuine exactly? and how does dayz make a gamer not genuine? I cant wait to hear this....

Edited by execpro22
  • Like 1

Because it's fun!

Also someone has to take the fall for my last death, actually, not just one person.

I used to be all friendly and only killed in defense, but now at nearly 400 hrs... things have changed. I don't mind dying, and I don't mind killing anymore. I don't care if I get sniped, my fault for giving him the chance. gear, hunt, die/kill, repeat....we'll see how long before I get bored with this process, but still a thrill at this point. i also do medical rescues given the opportunity.

• Like 1

1. Ok so let me get this straight. Pbecause there are less people in the forums then in the game that makes the forum not relevant somehow? That also seems to mean they arent part of the gaming community becuase of there numbers?

How does that work? Does this make sense to anyone?

Who decides at what number a forum becomes relevant? you?

2. I'm sorry could you repeat that again this time in english....

3. The game is a sandbox game... meaning its not supposed to be played a certain way like you seem to think.

4. Oh boy...Trying to use that tired old argument ay? Lets just knock that down right now....

We are playing a FICTIONAL GAME under FICTIONAL circumstances in a FICTIONAL land. You cant logically compare this game to what would happen in real life.....

5. Oh so now the dayz gamer isnt even a gamer and somehow "pollutes" the community?

what makes a gamer genuine exactly? and how does dayz make a gamer not genuine? I cant wait to hear this....

1. Yes, this forum has little to no influence on the players as a whole the KOS mindset doesn't come and isn't controlled from here it's just what people deviate towards because even though this is a survival simulator it's still played like a game.

2. KOS is basically the only playstyle I would think that's obvious how many people you didn't know in game haven't shot at you? You'd be lying or extremely lucky to say more people have been friendly, discounting those without guns since of course they'd be friendly when you have an M4.

3. No it's supposed to be a survival game/simulator that's why it's so realistic compared to most games, games like ARMA for instance are the same kind used to train soldiers only ARMA is a commercial version, it's supposed to be a difficult survival game that yes you play how you want but it's meant to be played how you would in real life. Or would you run to the nearest military base and shoot any person you see? Fairly sure most sane humans won't but since this is GTA shooting people is the sane thing to do apparently.

4. Basically answered this, it may be fictional but the point of being realistic is...to be realistic or does that not make sense? If people play this as they realistically would then what we can gather from like 99% of the players is that they'd instantly go on a murder spree which is ridiculous.

5. They pollute the community of people who want to play this game seriously, hunting animals, surviving zombies, surviving encounters with other players. Note the encounter part, not being shot at by someone sitting sniping at tents because good loot is in them and deliberately being an asshole.

They ruin the game in that they treat it like GTA/CoD and not a survival game so I wouldn't want them playing any other games like it which they probably won't since most consider DayZ the ultimate hardcore game.

Why should they be classed as genuine gamers when they're out to ruin the experience for people playing legit? Camping on coasts for the sole purpose of killing fresh spawns and making them not want to buy the finished product, it's retarded and pathetic.

2. KOS is basically the only playstyle I would think that's obvious how many people you didn't know in game haven't shot at you? You'd be lying or extremely lucky to say more people have been friendly, discounting those without guns since of course they'd be friendly when you have an M4.

My personal experience and several youtube experiments show a fairly equal ratio between friendly and unfriendly behavior. It also depends on your location and the gear of both players. In general players in full military gear are more likely to KoS and become victim of KoS - so if you are one of the guys who loots empty servers and switches to populated ones when "ready" you will probably not experience much else.

5. They pollute the community of people who want to play this game seriously, hunting animals, surviving zombies, surviving encounters with other players. Note the encounter part, not being shot at by someone sitting sniping at tents because good loot is in them and deliberately being an asshole.

No playstyle "pollutes" the community (we need villains as well). The only problem here is loot being overabundant (thanks to empty server looting etc.) so people do not have to play seriously to progress. Becoming highly geared should require a lot of effort but right now it doesn't.

My personal experience and several youtube experiments show a fairly equal ratio between friendly and unfriendly behavior. It also depends on your location and the gear of both players. In general players in full military gear are more likely to KoS and become victim of KoS - so if you are one of the guys who loots empty servers and switches to populated ones when "ready" you will probably not experience much else.

No playstyle "pollutes" the community (we need villains as well). The only problem here is loot being overabundant (thanks to empty server looting etc.) so people do not have to play seriously to progress. Becoming highly geared should require a lot of effort but right now it doesn't.

I guess your two points come together as one people are hostile towards those geared up people and since it's so easy to gear up most people fall in the category.

But in my experience almost none of them are friendly the only "friendly" people are those who couldn't defend themselves against you, if they had a gun they'd probably shoot at you but since they don't they're "friendly" but not like "hey dude what's up?" friendly.

So mostly I would say it's hostile players, perhaps that could change if it genuinely was hard to gear up but there'd always be those geared up guys who just want to go kill everyone else wanting to gear up.

And then those people who just wanted to gear up finally do and are so annoyed with campers that they just become the same type of player, it's a vicious cycle I don't see changing.

I agree that we need villains but the way it is now is just silly, a villain should be someone you meet on the street who shoots at you not someone who watches over loot drops and shoots anyone who approaches in real life there are no loot drops. However I do appreciate those who kill people who spawn in hangars or barracks to get gear it's a good way to banish server hopping but there's no way to differentiate and it doesn't seem like people try.

And how many times have you done this in real life Genghis?

I'm sure the only thing you've ever crushed is an empty bag of crisps lol.

If you were a crisp you wouldn't be lolling.

1. Yes, this forum has little to no influence on the players as a whole the KOS mindset doesn't come and isn't controlled from here it's just what people deviate towards because even though this is a survival simulator it's still played like a game.

A forum where players come to learn information about the game and hear what the developers are saying and also get dev notes has no influence on the player base huh?

Sorry, but that doesnt make any sense and just stating it as a fact over and over again doesnt magically make it so....

I'm sorry but there is more than one playstyle no matter how much you feel the need to exaggerate the situation...You can put your fingers in your ears and ignore the fact that there are friendly players as well but again that doesnt magically make it so...

3. No it's supposed to be a survival game/simulator that's why it's so realistic compared to most games, games like ARMA for instance are the same kind used to train soldiers only ARMA is a commercial version, it's supposed to be a difficult survival game that yes you play how you want but it's meant to be played how you would in real life. Or would you run to the nearest military base and shoot any person you see? Fairly sure most sane humans won't but since this is GTA shooting people is the sane thing to do apparently.

1. Rocket has stated many times that the goal of development is on AUTHENTICITY not Realism. You seem to be confused about this games intentions...

2. Dont know what your hang up is with GTA, but this game has NOTHING to do with GTA or ARMA....

3. Its NOT meant to be played "your" way... Maybe you remember the tag line for this game which was DAYZ...create your OWN story

Once you realize that this game has no rules or certain way it must be played you will enjoy yourself alot more...

4. Basically answered this, it may be fictional but the point of being realistic is...to be realistic or does that not make sense? If people play this as they realistically would then what we can gather from like 99% of the players is that they'd instantly go on a murder spree which is ridiculous.

Nope. As stated by Rocket on several occassions they are going for authenticity NOT realism...

This Realism trip is something you spun up in your head....

Does that not make sense?

Ok so basically anyone who has a different playstyle than you is bad and an asshole...

You do know what a sandbox is right?

They ruin the game in that they treat it like GTA/CoD and not a survival game so I wouldn't want them playing any other games like it which they probably won't since most consider DayZ the ultimate hardcore game.

Why should they be classed as genuine gamers when they're out to ruin the experience for people playing legit? Camping on coasts for the sole purpose of killing fresh spawns and making them not want to buy the finished product, it's retarded and pathetic.

People playing legit? You seem to think theres some sort of set of rules or a "right" way to play.

Unfortunately you are severely mistaken.

This is DAYZ. There are NO rules....welcome to the experiment.....

• Like 1

A forum where players come to learn information about the game and hear what the developers are saying and also get dev notes has no influence on the player base huh?

I'm sorry but there is more than one playstyle no matter how much you feel the need to exaggerate the situation...You can put your fingers in your ears and ignore the fact that there are friendly players as well but again that doesnt magically make it so...

1. Rocket has stated many times that the goal of development is on AUTHENTICITY not Realism. You seem to be confused about this games intentions...

2. Dont know what your hang up is with GTA, but this game has NOTHING to do with GTA or ARMA....

3. Its NOT meant to be played "your" way... Maybe you remember the tag line for this game which was DAYZ...create your OWN story

Once you realize that this game has no rules or certain way it must be played you will enjoy yourself alot more...

Nope. As stated by Rocket on several occassions they are going for authenticity NOT realism...

This Realism trip is something you spun up in your head....

Does that not make sense?

Ok so basically anyone who has a different playstyle than you is bad and an asshole...

You do know what a sandbox is right?

People playing legit? You seem to think theres some sort of set of rules or a "right" way to play.

Unfortunately you are severely mistaken.

This is DAYZ. There are NO rules....welcome to the experiment.....

Considering the devs don't really care about this forum and post on Reddit yes this forum has barely any influence.

There is more than one play style but by far the most common one is KOS denying that is idiocy.

You realize they're practically the same things? An authentic/realistic survival game needs to rely on it's players acting in a realistic manner to create an authentic survival apocalypse experience "Oh no there isn't an SKS in this town let me jump off the roof and respawn in another town" authentic. They're even added a railing to the police station roof where people do that because clearly they don't want people to do that.

The aim is for your life to be something you care about in game as you would real life, explain what kind of idiot would care so little about his life in this situation that he would just sit in a bush and shoot people.

It has nothing to do with GTA? Explain this, because people rampage around like it is GTA the only differences are there are no missions, shops or NPC's the way it's generally played it might as well be a third person action crime game...

And what a fantastic story the players have created "basically everyone kills each other in a scumbag wasteland of wannabe hardcore killers"

Yeah dude sandbox just means freedom to roam around most have actual objectives and such so not sure what you're getting at there the only thing close to an objective in DayZ would be "survive"

So explain how camping outside good loot spawns and shooting anyone who goes in is survival.

Explain how the KOS playstyle isn't an asshole playstyle are war lords and whatnot who kill and rape whoever they want not assholes because they have the freedom to do so? Just because DayZ is a game doesn't mean there's no asshole way to play it. Taking any kind of fun out of it for newcomers is asshole behavior, deny that if you want.

If KOS's kill someone over and over as they spawn and they decide fuck it I'm not even going to buy this game the players are dicks then they've directly harmed the games future but yeah, that's a good thing!

Anyway bored of this now I doubt you'll agree with any of that and I probably won't agree with you either so it's pointless to keep going, farewell. May we somehow reach a magical middleground of understanding.

Yeah, the hunt....

You stumble upon a player drinking a soda...Real hunting skills there. No, it's about the killing in Dayz..

Considering the devs don't really care about this forum and post on Reddit yes this forum has barely any influence.

If they didnt care we wouldnt have them posting on this forum and giving game updates....

I'm sorry, but the fact that you feel the need to even post your grievances in this forum is a testament to how much influence this forum has considering you dont think this forum is important...

There is more than one play style but by far the most common one is KOS denying that is idiocy.

But you were saying that KOS was the only playstyle in the game. Now you admit there are others....

Take a look at the KOS thread. 800 people compliaining about KOS...You think maybe some of these people might bump into each other once in awhile?

You realize they're practically the same things? An authentic/realistic survival game needs to rely on it's players acting in a realistic manner to create an authentic survival apocalypse experience "Oh no there isn't an SKS in this town let me jump off the roof and respawn in another town" authentic. They're even added a railing to the police station roof where people do that because clearly they don't want people to do that.

Nope. Not the same things at all.  Again its just you trying to shape what YOU want the game to be in your head... Just be because you think everyone should play "realistically" doesnt mean thats how its supposed to be....

You have this idea in your head that theres only one way to play... But sadly I can see you will NEVER realize that that is not true.....

The aim is for your life to be something you care about in game as you would real life, explain what kind of idiot would care so little about his life in this situation that he would just sit in a bush and shoot people.

Didnt I just blow that silly argument out of the water. Lets go through it again. YOU CAN NOT COMPARE THIS GAME TO REAL LIFE! Get this through your head!   This is a fictional game set in a fictional land under fictional circumstances.....

How in the hell can you expect people to act like they would in  real life under those conditions?

It has nothing to do with GTA? Explain this, because people rampage around like it is GTA the only differences are there are no missions, shops or NPC's the way it's generally played it might as well be a third person action crime game...

Oh the only difference is all the core aspects of GTA that make that game GTA... oh Ok

Do you read your response before you type them. Might wanna try this in the future...

And what a fantastic story the players have created "basically everyone kills each other in a scumbag wasteland of wannabe hardcore killers"

Yeah dude sandbox just means freedom to roam around most have actual objectives and such so not sure what you're getting at there the only thing close to an objective in DayZ would be "survive"

The story is fantastic to them...I'm sorry are they supposed to cater to your playstyle just so YOUR story can be a happy one?

Nope. Sandbox is an all ecompassing word that includes things like "free roam"  :no objectives" and "no rules" to follow. So my point which seems to soar into orbit over your head everytime I type it is that there is NO certain way that DAYZ is supposed to be played!

So explain how camping outside good loot spawns and shooting anyone who goes in is survival.

What is there to explain? You kill the other guy. He dead. You alive. Do you need me to draw you a picture or something?

Explain how the KOS playstyle isn't an asshole playstyle are war lords and whatnot who kill and rape whoever they want not assholes because they have the freedom to do so? Just because DayZ is a game doesn't mean there's no asshole way to play it. Taking any kind of fun out of it for newcomers is asshole behavior, deny that if you want.

Wait first you say a kos playstyle makes you an asshole. Now your comparing us to rapists? Youve got to be kidding me.... Youy really need to take this game a little less seriously dude...

Denying it becuase its a legitimate playstyle whether you want to admit it or not. What you fail to realize is how boring this game would be without KOS.

If KOS's kill someone over and over as they spawn and they decide fuck it I'm not even going to buy this game the players are dicks then they've directly harmed the games future but yeah, that's a good thing!

I'm confused

Umm if they are playing the game already havent they purchased it already? Are you saying theres somekind of refund system I dont know about?

Anyway bored of this now I doubt you'll agree with any of that and I probably won't agree with you either so it's pointless to keep going, farewell. May we somehow reach a magical middleground of understanding.

Probably not.

Your very close minded and still havent grasped the concept of sandbox completely yet. lets hope one day you will become more tolerant of other playstyles besides your own....

I'm confused

Umm if they are playing the game already havent they purchased it already? Are you saying theres somekind of refund system I dont know about?

I shall just clear this up.

They aren't playing the game, they're playing the alpha of the game. If the game is riddled with douchebags that treat the spawn points like the beaches of Normandy and mow everything down they're probably not going to buy the full game.

They supported the development by getting the standalone and immediately are thrown in to a world where pretty much all people do is shoot each other rather than enjoy what the alpha has to offer beyond that.

Why try out all the cool hunting and whatnot if everyone you meet is just going to shoot at you anyway. Just because you have the freedom to do whatever you want doesn't mean you can do it people will get in the way and spoil the hunting you want to enjoy.

I'm sure you can understand that much.

You're here to make kids. If you're not making kids, you're doing it wrong. As far as sex being a "brief bodily pleasure", are you serious? Okay pal, keep making love to your supposed "victories" that you claim to be the best thing life has to offer.

To whom are you going to recite your tales of victory? Your cats?

Yes I will tell my cats my victories because I am most certainly not bringing a child into this shithole of a world. Sex is good though :P

I only kill those who attack me first or are obviously kosing or bandits. I have never kosd someone in SA. I have only kosd one person in mod and he was obviously about to set up shop sniping on a hill over Pusta in a bandit skin so boom headshot from 500m. Otherwise I just avoid people.

Edited by escobert

I shall just clear this up.

They aren't playing the game, they're playing the alpha of the game. If the game is riddled with douchebags that treat the spawn points like the beaches of Normandy and mow everything down they're probably not going to buy the full game.

Again I'm a little confused..

Doesn't everyone who buys the alpha already have access to the full game when it releases. Why would they have to purchase it twice?

Why try out all the cool hunting and whatnot if everyone you meet is just going to shoot at you anyway. Just because you have the freedom to do whatever you want doesn't mean you can do it people will get in the way and spoil the hunting you want to enjoy.

All I understand is that becuase you got killed all the time (probably due to lack of awareness and staying out of sight) and have just given up you expect everyone else to follow suit....

News Flash for ya....Not everyone is going to give up at the first sign of trouble....

I offer no excuse nor apology when taking lives. Whether it's the veteran hero or lil' bambi chops.

You shouldn't either.

• Like 1

Well, I mostly don't kill people.. But sometimes I like to stalk them. Not a single one, that is mostly too boring. But when I see a group of 2-3 people I start to stalk them, follow them around and try not to get seen. And when I feel like it's the right momment and the right place I take the shot, but only at the guy who seems to be the leader, then I leave. 
Yea, I failed it a couple of times, but the feeling of being the predator just stalking it's prey.. Damn.. 

I never said terrible, just not as fulfilling. We're here for one reason: reproduction. Before I had kids I thought the best thing in life was making a ton of cash and spending it on things that go fast. Now that I have them, I'd give everything up for them and still be happier than living without them. Let me know if your opinion changes when you're 90 and in a retirement home with no one visiting you. I'm sure I'll still be posting here. (;

Just because we're here for one purpose, doesn't mean we have to fulfill that purpose or enjoy doing it.

And I honestly hope I die long before I end up in a retirement home, slowly rotting away with nothing to look forward to but death.

Normally I like to make contact with people before bullets fly, sometimes it's nice to meet up with a cool dude who just doesn't want to get shot for once as well c: though most of the time, they pull out a gun the moment they see me. So I do the same and silently wished they had given me a chance to let them know I mean no harm :c