Sign in to follow this  
crazykage

Why I kill other players (outsided of defense/necesity):

Sorry, but the best thing in life is the birth of your children, and then every memory thereafter having to do with your children. A close second would be the process it takes to create said children.

This guy is obviously 15 years old.

Oh come on guy... You cant state what the best thing in life is for everyone else....

So I guess the people who never had a chance to have kids or couldn't for some reason just have a terrible life then huh?

The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.

• Like 8

The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.

And how many times have you done this in real life Genghis?

I'm sure the only thing you've ever crushed is an empty bag of crisps lol.

• Like 2

Oh come on guy... You cant state what the best thing in life is for everyone else....

So I guess the people who never had a chance to have kids or couldn't for some reason just have a terrible life then huh?

I never said terrible, just not as fulfilling. We're here for one reason: reproduction. Before I had kids I thought the best thing in life was making a ton of cash and spending it on things that go fast. Now that I have them, I'd give everything up for them and still be happier than living without them. Let me know if your opinion changes when you're 90 and in a retirement home with no one visiting you. I'm sure I'll still be posting here. (;

• Like 1

I like PVP in DayZ because its fun.

Unless I'm in a firefight, I find the game boring and unchallenging. Basically, the same reason as another game I play with PVP elements.

DayZ is special though because of how much that can be lost if you die. High stakes PVP if you will.

When the survival mechanics are beefed up and the zombies/environment become a challenge then it will be even better.

If shooting someone who was just calmly exploring the land and didn't notice you is a "victory" then I laugh at that notion.

Victory is defeating an opponent, not an unaware sucker someone who knows you're out there and is hunting you as much as you are hunting him(preferably not watching you over a wall)

With victory comes honour.

With shooting people in the back for little to no reason comes cowardliness.

Beating Muhammad Ali in a fist fight is a victory, pressing the button on an electric chair is a mere action same with a trigger you're not winning metal is doing all the hard work for you.

I kill players who don't wave back at me, they are scum.

• Like 1

Interesting logic.

And clown masks, don't forget the clown masks

• Like 1

I never said terrible, just not as fulfilling. We're here for one reason: reproduction.

Not to turn this into a philisophical debate, but I truly think there is more to this life than just making babies....If thats all this life is about is carrying on your seed than whats the point? Were all just baby making machines ?

Being a christian, I believe we were all meant for great things , not just making babies...I think we get one chance in this world to try to change it and make it a better place when we leave it...

Interesting logic.

Well, if they don't wave A) They're disreputable fools B) They're just about to pull a gun out when you walk past C) They're not a bro D) God help them they just don't know how

Not to turn this into a philisophical debate, but I truly think there is more to this life than just making babies....If thats all this life is about is carrying on your seed than whats the point? Were all just baby making machines ?

Being a christian, I believe we were all meant for great things , not just making babies...I think we get one chance in this world to try to change it and make it a better place when we leave it...

The good book does say "be fruitful and multiply" and I have to agree with grimey rick, being a father is one of the best things I've accomplished not measuring my epeen by how many nubs I've wrecked in a video game

• Like 2

If shooting someone who was just calmly exploring the land and didn't notice you is a "victory" then I laugh at that notion.

Victory is defeating an opponent, not an unaware sucker someone who knows you're out there and is hunting you as much as you are hunting him(preferably not watching you over a wall)

With victory comes honour.

With shooting people in the back for little to no reason comes cowardliness.

Beating Muhammad Ali in a fist fight is a victory, pressing the button on an electric chair is a mere action same with a trigger you're not winning metal is doing all the hard work for you.

Look how smart you are, made something up and based your post on it. Who said anything about shooting in the back?

uhoh, he went there...

fwiw, i gots the kids, they drive me both bonkers and make me feel awesome at the same time. love them to death, but i don't feel that is the reason we are here. a lot of people feel their is no reason we are here. evolution happens(at least most think so) and it isn't a moral imperative to continue to reproduce. 

ok, blah. too much philosophy. though i don't like people that don't wave back, that isn't the reason i shoot them.

i shoot them so they don't breathe my air. there is only so much air in the world. i must stop them from taking it all...once i am sure that the air supply is safe, then i will cut back on my killing. 

question, do zombies breathe? do they exchange o2 and co2?

• Like 2

Look how smart you are, made something up and based your post on it. Who said anything about shooting in the back?

I did since that's what tends to happen, it's not a victory if the other person didn't know you were there or had no hostile intentions, it's douchery.

Justifying it by calling it winning is retarded, there is no scoreboard it's not winning it's being a dick.

When someone tries to kill you it becomes a battle and when you win that battle, that is a victory.

Which is why I warn people of my presence when they're heading to my location, they know they're in my territory and if they have a gun out the battle is on.

• Like 2

I did since that's what tends to happen, it's not a victory if the other person didn't know you were there or had no hostile intentions, it's douchery.

Justifying it by calling it winning is retarded, there is no scoreboard it's not winning it's being a dick.

When someone tries to kill you it becomes a battle and when you win that battle, that is a victory.

Which is why I warn people of my presence when they're heading to my location, they know they're in my territory and if they have a gun out the battle is on.

Ah, I see your point. But it is not my fault if they didn't bring weapons or turned their back to me.

Ah, I see your point. But it is not my fault if they didn't bring weapons or turned their back to me.

Why kill them then? It's not like it benefits you, maybe you don't have much or any morphine and they do but you just shot them so now it's ruined and even if it isn't you probably can't take all their stuff.

But if you paired up you have double the storage space, a wingman, a human shield and/or someone who will carry the medical/food supplies while you be a war god with all the ammo and guns ever.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

That used to be my sig. ;)

And DayZ is essentially about hunting other players. It has a marked separation between those that think they can just "survive" and those that hunt everything that moves. 

Why kill them then? It's not like it benefits you, maybe you don't have much or any morphine and they do but you just shot them so now it's ruined and even if it isn't you probably can't take all their stuff.

But if you paired up you have double the storage space, a wingman, a human shield and/or someone who will carry the medical/food supplies while you be a war god with all the ammo and guns ever.

Because I can and there is no reason not to. I have no use for them, even as a meat shield, people are extremely unreliable. And given the chance they would probably kill me. Chances are they against helicopters in DayZ so I want them to suffer. Or because I like the sound of guns firing. How ever you look at it, it is better to kill them when there is a chance, than to let them live.

• Like 1

You must not have played much up at NWAF during Patch .44 back when zombies would chain spawn like forever. My buddy and I had loads of long range target practice on them spriting from all angles at all times of day there.

Also shooting bambis is still stupid they just come back....also they do not behave like more dangerous players so not a realistic scenario. Geared players will be harder to take down. You are better off camping an airfield. You will likely be killed by a horde of bambis at the beach during your target practice sooner than you would be killed by a geared player up at NWAF.

I have looted NWAF on 40 man servers and had all to myself on multiple occasions. I actually find it more dangerous on low pop servers cause server hoppers log in and out there on low pop night time servers for gear.  

Edited by trev186

What about those people who lay in a bush all damn day, not moving and only eating and drinking when necessary, who's sole intention is to snipe or kill others but neglect to loot the bodies because now you have bait for another person to come to? And shooting a defenseless player(I use that term loosely) ), such as one with no gun, is just shitty. Even if they are encroaching upon "your turf" looking for things to get by, why not warn them to swing wide of this area instead of shooting them but I forgot its not your fault they forgot to bring weapons or turned their back on you.

I will agree that if someone has a gun they are fair game or they try to attack you with fists, farming hoes or whatnot then blast away. Its this mentality that is turning a lot of players away from Dayz, to some of the other games in the genre. I'm not suggesting we all sing songs and plan fishing trips together but the assholish nature Dayz brings out in people will be the downfall of this game or they give us private hive

Edited by Tobias Winfro
  • Like 2

The best thing in life is victory. And taking someone's life is the ultimate victory over them. Most of us can't or won't go around killing people IRL for various reasons so for some the next best thing is killing them in DayZ. And because it takes time and effort to gear up it is more meaningful than killing them in CoD or other games like that.

WRONG

DANG to late ... srry

Edited by Munson_fry
  • Like 4

Because I can and there is no reason not to.

How about not making the game community look like dicks so that people actually want to buy it?

Right now people veer off getting it because it's buggy as hell.

But when it's not? Who wants to play with a bunch of a-holes that don't know how to have any fun or at least act like survivors would, build a town and stuff.

• Like 2

Probably the best thing for humans in a zombie apocalypse is to stay together.

Not kill each other over a can of beans.

Probably, but that's not how human mentality works.

It's hard for some people to get along now, how would you expect those people to get along when they're in a relatively lawless world?

Probably, but that's not how human mentality works.

It's hard for some people to get along now, how would you expect those people to get along when they're in a relatively lawless world?

They wouldn't necessarily get along but if you thought you were the last man alive and you saw a group of clearly alive people, would you shoot them?

Not unless you're an idiot.

But that's what people do in this game, and it is a game yes but why can't people play it like it's real? That's the whole point of it, to be as real as possible.

Nobody in the DayZ world in reality would sit on top of a hill and snipe people randomly there is no 30 second respawn and you'd piss your pants the second someone shot back.

They wouldn't necessarily get along but if you thought you were the last man alive and you saw a group of clearly alive people, would you shoot them?

Not unless you're an idiot.

But that's what people do in this game, and it is a game yes but why can't people play it like it's real? That's the whole point of it, to be as real as possible.

Nobody in the DayZ world in reality would sit on top of a hill and snipe people randomly there is no 30 second respawn and you'd piss your pants the second someone shot back.

You'd be surprised what some people would do. Not saying that the "murder for no reason" would be as prevalent with such a small amount of people in real life, but you never know.

But part of the reason why it happens is because there is no actual risk to you if you die in-game. Sure, you might lose all of your stuff, but you're not threatened in real life. You're not taking a real life, either, so it's a lot easier on someone when they see virtual pixels over looking into someone's real eyes. The fact that it's a game is really the big difference, even if it's meant to be close to real life.

I mean, you can watch horror movies that have a sense of realism and not be affected by them, but put into a situation like that in reality and you'd be scared out of your mind. Just knowing that it isn't real makes all the difference.

That, and all of the loot is abundant, so it's easy enough to get 200 rounds of 7.62x51mm ammo and snipe people from a hill or rooftop.

• Like 2