Sign in to follow this  
jumpingpea

My boring life.....

Ok so as I first spawned, i quickly ran down a hill to a town to avoid being seen by a zombie. Suddenly someone started calling out to me. I stopped, looked around, and found a guy with a broken leg. He gave me all his stuff, and told me to kill him. I did. I then looted the town for about 10 mins. I came across a power line and decided to follow it, figuring it will bring me to a town. It ended in the middle of no where. I ran around for about 2 hrs, and i eventually got to the end of the map. it just ended. I turned around, and headed another way. I found a road with white stripes, and i followed it. about an hour later, it took me to the end of the game... again..... and i still haven't seen a town. now all i can do i wait for a zombie to kill me, or starve to death. Along the way i found a payday mask, and lots of other cool stuff. As i am typing this, I am logged in, hoping a zombie will come along and kill me, so i can actually enjoy the game. At first I had hope, but after 3 hrs of literally nothing, I'm ready for a new life. 

As you spawn try to locate yourself on an online map (here's one: http://dayzdb.com/map ).  Head for the nearest city and start scavenging for supplies. 

You might want to connect to a server with a high number of players to maximize the chances of interacting with other survivors.  Be warned that you can get killed, too.

• Like 1

As you spawn try to locate yourself on an online map (here's one: http://dayzdb.com/map ).  Head for the nearest city and start scavenging for supplies. 

You might want to connect to a server with a high number of players to maximize the chances of interacting with other survivors.  Be warned that you can get killed, too.

I am on a full server, and like i said, I am completely lost, and i want to be killed :P

i did that the first time i played i walked for two hours and ended up at the same place i started and then i got shot 

Ok so as I first spawned, i quickly ran down a hill to a town to avoid being seen by a zombie. Suddenly someone started calling out to me. I stopped, looked around, and found a guy with a broken leg. He gave me all his stuff, and told me to kill him. I did. I then looted the town for about 10 mins. I came across a power line and decided to follow it, figuring it will bring me to a town. It ended in the middle of no where. I ran around for about 2 hrs, and i eventually got to the end of the map. it just ended. I turned around, and headed another way. I found a road with white stripes, and i followed it. about an hour later, it took me to the end of the game... again..... and i still haven't seen a town. now all i can do i wait for a zombie to kill me, or starve to death. Along the way i found a payday mask, and lots of other cool stuff. As i am typing this, I am logged in, hoping a zombie will come along and kill me, so i can actually enjoy the game. At first I had hope, but after 3 hrs of literally nothing, I'm ready for a new life. 

Boring because its alpha a lot of things will come until get final version.

Boring because its alpha a lot of things will come until get final version.

IK im not saying it is boring because of that.... did u even read the whole thing? I said it was boring because I was lost and had been running around for hours, with no idea how to get to a town

..//..

i eventually got to the end of the map. it just ended. I turned around, and headed another way. I found a road with white stripes, and i followed it. about an hour later, it took me to the end of the game... again..... and i still haven't seen a town.

..//..

there are no towns at the edge of the map

just head East from anywhere and you will be going towards the sea. Head East and you will find towns

to find out which way is east:

when the sun is HIGH it is in the South

when the sun is high you can say it is around the middle of the day (ok?) anytime near the middle of the day, you can say the sun is more or less south of you

keep the sun at your right shoulder and you are heading east

go east, loot any towns or buildings you see to get food to stay alive, drink plenty from streams and ponds when you find them to stay alive

some of the towns or buildings can be very dangerous

but keep going east anyway, you will always reach the sea

and then - wow - you're surviving - you have a sense of direction - it's an adventure dude ! anything can happen.

anytime you're really lost, just go East.

xx

• Like 1

IK im not saying it is boring because of that.... did u even read the whole thing? I said it was boring because I was lost and had been running around for hours, with no idea how to get to a town

Yes its cause of that . If bikes avaible in game you can get one bike and even you lost you can come back easly...

Yes its cause of that . If bikes avaible in game you can get one bike and even you lost you can come back easly...

Well, honestly, I've been playing the mod since it came out, and I was very surprised to see how fast you can run in the Stand Alone. It takes 20 mins from the NEAF to the NWAF....  Bicycles were very useful in the mod, but I don't think I'll be using them much in the SA. Other vehicles probably since they'll act as mobile bases.

At the OP (Jumpingpea), good luck finding yourself!  (You're in the northern  part of the map. The roads you were following are there because they'll add cities and town in those areas. Back in December, all the roads for Svetlojarsk, Chernaya Polana, Novo and other small settlements were already there even though it took a few months to get the actual buildings and towns in those areas. Just head south. When you log in a server, look at the time, if you're in the after-noon and the sun is setting, keep it on your right shoulder and you'll head south east. If it's the morning, then the sun will be east so keep it on your left shoulder and you'll be heading south west, towards what's left of civilization. ;)  )

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

If you are lost and want to locate something with little to no effort, pick a direction and double tap W and then jam bread clip under the 2 &3 keys so it holds the W key down. Now sit back and relax. Once you see a town, you can find the road leading into/out of and there will be town signs. Match the name on sign to the cryllic name on map and try to orientate yourself to the layout of the town. Voila....not lost anymore...untill you die

Edited by Mystic Bagel
  • Like 3

Well, honestly, I've been playing the mod since it came out, and I was very surprised to see how fast you can run in the Stand Alone. It takes 20 mins from the NEAF to the NWAF....  Bicycles were very useful in the mod, but I don't think I'll be using them much in the SA. Other vehicles probably since they'll act as mobile bases.

At the OP (Jumpingpea), good luck finding yourself!  (You're in the northern  part of the map. The roads you were following are there because they'll add cities and town in those areas. Back in December, all the roads for Svetlojarsk, Chernaya Polana, Novo and other small settlements were already there even though it took a few months to get the actual buildings and towns in those areas. Just head south. When you log in a server, look at the time, if you're in the after-noon and the sun is setting, keep it on your right shoulder and you'll head south east. If it's the morning, then the sun will be east so keep it on your left shoulder and you'll be heading south west, towards what's left of civilization. ;)  )

Thank but i found myself. I looked at a map, and I was actually at the mid-west. lol. i just decided to run another hour to the military base tho. its too bad, when i wanted to die, i couldnt, and when i wanted to live, i got my a*s blown off by some dude hiding in a tent.

as for the road, i didnt follow roads, i followed these power lines, then i just ran thru the forest in a straight line. I got to the north end. when that didnt work out, i found the big road with a white line, and got to the west end.. it was an epic fail

Edited by jumpingpea
  • Like 1

Pretty bad luck to go East to West without at least spotting another settlement. :) Power lines aren't great things to follow. Roads are better. You will get better at it, even without a compass, just take a bearing based on a map and travel in a straight line but keep your eyes open for landmarks. A hunting hut, pond, or set of houses/crossroad. Between spelunking in Minecraft and DayZ it's surprising how my real-world sense of direction has improved.

• Like 1

When you found the end of the map - did you find the wasteland where there is only hills and no trees or grass or anything, and then a random ocean? I've been out there, I figured all my running would pay off and there'd be something cool but I got no such reward. It was after that when I learned to use the sun to navigate and when lost I run either East and/or South because I know I'll eventually hit the coast where towns and people are.

When you found the end of the map - did you find the wasteland where there is only hills and no trees or grass or anything, and then a random ocean? I've been out there, I figured all my running would pay off and there'd be something cool but I got no such reward. It was after that when I learned to use the sun to navigate and when lost I run either East and/or South because I know I'll eventually hit the coast where towns and people are.

Ya lol, i got to the ocean both times, then I was like fu*k this

• Like 2

there are no towns at the edge of the map

just head East from anywhere and you will be going towards the sea. Head East and you will find towns

to find out which way is east:

when the sun is HIGH it is in the South

when the sun is high you can say it is around the middle of the day (ok?) anytime near the middle of the day, you can say the sun is more or less south of you

keep the sun at your right shoulder and you are heading east

go east, loot any towns or buildings you see to get food to stay alive, drink plenty from streams and ponds when you find them to stay alive

some of the towns or buildings can be very dangerous

but keep going east anyway, you will always reach the sea

and then - wow - you're surviving - you have a sense of direction - it's an adventure dude ! anything can happen.

anytime you're really lost, just go East.

xx

What about when the sun is low?

What about when the sun is low?

well - check out what folk say on these forums about finding your way from the sun at different times of day

or maybe IRL try out the sun where you live - notice what it does from morning to evening

now suppose there's no visible sun, because its cloudly or raining ?

now - that's getting interesting

[good - see ? you already thinking about surviving]

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/How_to_find_North

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Navigating

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

well - check out what folk say on these forums about finding your way from the sun at different times of day

or maybe IRL try out the sun where you live - notice what it does from morning to evening

now suppose there's no visible sun, because its cloudly or raining ?

now - that's getting interesting

[good - see ? you already thinking about surviving]

LOL i love this post it is so funny, i cant stop laughin my a$$ off. i would giv u 9999999999999999999999 cans of beans if i could!

Edited by jumpingpea
  • Like 1

This used to be a survivalist game.  The idea is to stay alive, you know...not die. :huh: